Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: (Chapters 7 & 8 thread) We're making progress...FLANITORS! CHOCOBOS! HELL YEAH!

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'm stuck on the (SPOILER)airship after the raid on the Dad's house. I'm loving Fang so far btw.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

i finally got to chapter 7 but had to stop cause my brother wanted to watch a movie with the tv xP

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

On chapter 7 now and it's pretty weird that the party is still separated. I haven't even played as the 6th character yet, and Snow has been gone for like 5 chapters. Is this really the halfway point?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

In response to Del, not really a spoiler but just in case for the super sensitive types...As I understand it, the last three chapters are like half the length of the game.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    On chapter 7 now and it's pretty weird that the party is still separated. I haven't even played as the 6th character yet, and Snow has been gone for like 5 chapters. Is this really the halfway point?
    No. I'm on chapter 11 now, and it's massive. That's when the game really starts. Although story-wise it arguably starts in chapter 9 or so, as that's around when I felt the exposition phase finally ended and I was actually moving towards something.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Way to be like five times more spoily than what I just put behind a gorram spoiler tag, buttface!

I haven't seen too many super spoiler-nazis around though so whatev. I'm used to BJ who is, like, so spoiler-hating that if I even tell him that I just watched a preview for something he wants to see, he gets mad at me. He's not mad that I told him something from the preview, he's mad that he knows I watched it at all. xP

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't think the length of the chapters counts as a spoiler.

Good to know the pacing changes and these are still the 'beginning' chapters.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Way to be like five times more spoily than what I just put behind a gorram spoiler tag, buttface!
    I didn't post anything remotely constituting a spoiler, fatty.

I haven't seen too many super spoiler-nazis around though so whatev. I'm used to BJ who is, like, so spoiler-hating that if I even tell him that I just watched a preview for something he wants to see, he gets mad at me. He's not mad that I told him something from the preview, he's mad that he knows I watched it at all. xP
    At first I was surprised that BJ was so bat crazy, but then I remembered who he married.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I need help on (SPOILER)Sazh's Eiodolon. Any tips?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I don't remember it being a problem, just buff/debuff up right at the start and giver-er hell. Casting Enblizzard (I think thats what it is called) on Sazh so his COM attacks are Ice elemental also helps a lot.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Heh, that was the hardest battle for me. Start with Syn/Sab then switch to Rav/Rav, Rav/Med, whatever you can get... and hope for the best. Took me too many tries to do this one.

WAIT! This is the one where I put on Ember Rings and then it got way easier! After dying a few times I did that and then beat her with 500+ count on the clock. Yeah, do that, it's a big help.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Done it! I figured out that you could access the menu in the short scene before the fight, so I could level Vanille up enough for her to dish out good Saboteur attacks I had been neglecting. Onwards to chapter 9!

You can do that with any boss battle that you find tricky, especially if it's one your thrown into right after switching from another set of characters. Just hit pause, retry, and you'll be taken to the menu. It's handy during Snow's lone battle, since by that point he has a lot of levelling to do.

Im just at the end of chapter 8 and have to say both of these chapters have definitely been the best for me so far Ive been enjoying it so far but these two both seem to have finally got the story rolling a bit more. Still way to linear though

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

I just got onto chapter nine.

I was dreading the fight with (SPOILER)Sazh's Eidolon but it was a lot easier than I expected. Though that's thanks in part to reading some of the hints on this thread It still had it's frustrating moments, though.

But.. oh my gosh. What a way to end a chapter! Finally it feels like this game is starting to pick up speed.

And those little sheep? Are freaking adorable.