Thread: Are you a lazy mofo?

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by eestlinc View Post
    I ran past a couple of the tougher monsters in chapter 6. mostly because it was a long way from the save point and I didn't want to accidentally die.
    But if you do die you can just restart from immediately outside of the battle.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Which, on a sidenote, is awesome.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Yeah, it is nice, though pretty much necessary considering the game is made to expect you to die. Hell even normal baddies, at least later in the game, can kill you if you're not paying enough attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Okay, now that I'm in chapter 11, I skip a lot of battles when going through narrow areas. If I want to battle, I spend a lot of time in an area where there are a lot of guys I can beat for decent enough CP.
    I started doing this, mostly fairly early on doing Marks when you're running up and down this same narrow path. I'll fight 'em all once, but the second and third time I start running by some of the more avoidable ones if they're annoying to fight.

And wtf at the Munchkins.

So far the only things I've run past are the Scalebeasts. I fight them if they're in front of something I want (treasure), but other wise, I'm a lazy mo-fo and I don't want to take 2-5 min killing something in a random encounter. Besides, they're slow and easy to get around.

I tried to run from a few of the aircraft in Palumpolum but lolfailed.

I think on the second go through that I do, I might actually take the time to kill everything I encounter, but this first time I want to get to the end so I can see how it all turns out!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I love them, pawing at your with their ineffective little mitts. xD

I've murdered so many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post

I have now reached the Munchkins.

They are easy prey. I admit to killing many, too. In fact I don't pass them up... ever.

Ugh, so many hard battles in chapter 11. it's so annoying to die near the end of a 15 minute battle. I run too much now because I've gotten a bit lost and I can't figure out which way is back to the easy enemies!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Lightening View Post
    Ugh, so many hard battles in chapter 11. it's so annoying to die near the end of a 15 minute battle. I run too much now because I've gotten a bit lost and I can't figure out which way is back to the easy enemies!
    I totally go lost right at the start of Ch11 and ran into an area with a spawn of two King Behemoths right beside a treasure chest. Took me three hours to figure out a way to kill them. Fun times....

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

That reminds me, I should go back and find that chest. I saw it way back when I was barely able to tackle one.

A figure clad in armor. Darkwolf090's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Acerbus Lupus (Mysidia)

I just got myself my Growth Egg what gives CPx2 to all chars as long as it equip to just one char, so no, I kill everything muhahahahaha! Also just got myself Save The Queen for Snow, I wish I had that Coat....
    I care not for harmony nor discord. - Golbez
    It is better to die and be remembered forever, then it is to live on and have no one know your alive. Do what you want, hold nothing back!

Fluttershy Recognized Member Ashi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

I haven't skipped anything yet. In fact, when I can I tend to clear areas more than once if I see that stuff has respawned (which I'm sure they did at some point...just don't remember when). But the sheer amount of battles now is kind of tiring, I was enjoying myself more a few chapters ago

haven't skipped any battles so far, considering now that later in the game (im at ch10) crystarium upgrades are very expensive and developing my characters is key. not only that, but ill do everything i think i should in a fight and get it over quickly, and ill get one star! wtf!! so naturally, i always run around, wait for the battles to respawn, and try my hand at it again to see if i can wrastle up a few more stars. battles are...hard now, for sure. i know the rating system doesn't mean much, but i do care about it. i don't like being told i did a 0 star job when death was clawing at my sneakers and i brought myself back from being offed by a giant phosphorescent blob

EDIT: saying the ranking system doesnt mean much was a little premature. the rankings you get in battle don't affect CP, but it certainly affects the quality/quantity of spoils
    Last edited by finaloblivion; 04-02-2010 at 12:46 AM.
    yes, i'm a FFXIII fan.

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

I always fight ever single battle cos I feel like I should. I admit that I ran around a few during Chapter 12 though. Also, with all the exploring we got to do in this game , fighting monsters became my favourite part of the game!

The only time I dodge battles is when I am on a mission and I don't want anything to get in the way.

Blog Entries

I fought most battles, for the simple reason that I didn't want to be underlevelled. But I sometimes skirted around things like multi behemoth battles late in the game, because I tended to find that the CP reward was not worth the time and effort of defeating them. They were, quite frankly, a pain in the neck (as were the vampires... heh). I'd rather grind on a couple of smaller frys to make up for it.

The other time was when going back for something for whatever reason - like hell am I going to fight the same thing 3 times if I can help it. This does make exploration a lot more pleasant than with random battles.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post

It's minor little amusements like that which make a proper FF. The little details that stick in the mind.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I didn't skip any battles at all... until Chapter 11. Seriously, I hate that giant blue sphinx-like enemy that summons a sword that does enormous damage. I beat two of those guys, then I started skipping 'em. And, of course, I never bothered to kill all monsters in the Archylte Steppe (especially the Adaman...-monsters).

I also skipped the Juggernauts (giant robots with flame-throwers, insane HP) when I first reached the Mah'habara underground, but when I backtracked because I noticed I skipped the whole sidequest part, I decided to kill the one that blocks the path to a Cie'th Stone. Ironically, that Cie'th Stone wants you to kill yet another Juggernaut.

[completely offtopic] @finaloblivion Isn't the last line of your signature outdated? [/completely offtopic]