Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you a lazy mofo?

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I feel like sephy is ruining the game for me Put that shiz in spoiler tags! Whatever it is you're spoiling dammit. I dunno what you're spoiling but you seem like the type who would do that.
    Aha...lol? "I seem like the type" and you don't know about the "spoiler" which is not even a spoiler because I just say it gets more difficult later? That's very interesting. And more offending than the "spoilering" of mine. Nothing I have written tells you anything which ruins Final Fantasy XIII. I have just mentioned the Crystarium gets more expensive. And that's not really a sursprise.

I don't grind, lol. I just skip normal enemies and go for bosses. I may start grinding in Ch. 11, though.

No grinding challenge = ftw.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I approve of Serapy's methods. I hadn't skipped any for awhile, but I skipped a bunch of dudes in chapter six. xD

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I skipped a couple finally in chapter 9. There are some enemies that, while I could beat them, take a while. I once took what seemed like forever to beat these three giant robots, turned out to be four or five-something minutes, and I still five-starred the battle. You start to really need to know how to stagger even normal enemies quickly, not just bosses.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I feel like sephy is ruining the game for me Put that shiz in spoiler tags! Whatever it is you're spoiling dammit. I dunno what you're spoiling but you seem like the type who would do that.
    Aha...lol? "I seem like the type" and you don't know about the "spoiler" which is not even a spoiler because I just say it gets more difficult later? That's very interesting. And more offending than the "spoilering" of mine. Nothing I have written tells you anything which ruins Final Fantasy XIII. I have just mentioned the Crystarium gets more expensive. And that's not really a sursprise.
    I think she said that because you've been hinting at things in other threads. Spoiling the game isn't limited to coming right out and telling us what happens.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nox View Post
    In the random battle days, I ran from fights all the time, and was often underleveled. Now that I have the option to avoid them, I fight every battle. I don't think I've skipped one yet, but it's likely because I try to max all the classes on the new sphere grid thing-y as soon as I can before they open up more of it. xD
    That's useless. You need millions of Crystal Points to maximize your characters and later one slot needs 30000-60000 and even 120000 Crystal Points. And you get the last Crystarium Level when you have beaten the final boss. Later you will get the Growth Egg (Final Fantasy VI) which doubles the CP all your characters get after a battle. Then you only have to use the training spot I have posted on youtube (6600 CP in 10-15 seconds, later less than 10 seconds and 13200 CP with the Growth Egg) and you can get your 7 Crystarium trophies earlier but it still takes you 100 years.
    I don't think there's any problem with skipping battles as long as you're going to level up by fighting random dudes just before the boss if you can't kill him after a couple of attempts. It's usually pretty obvious when you need to put in a few more fights and when you don't. Let everyone play things their way, that's the way I see it - if someone finds themself needing to get more CP I'm sure they'll know what to do.

Basically what I'm getting at is that it's not useless. For the level that Raven Nox is (or was at the time of her post), I'm sure her role levels were limited. It's only been recently for myself that I've not been able to easily fill up the crystal-thing, so yeah.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

If you haven't leveled before the final dungeon monsters are too strong, Loony. So it is useless because you cannot use them for your training other than the monsters from Pulse which are way easier. Of course you can pass the final dungeon but it is very difficult then.

Well. I was only running from the fights at the (SPOILER)start so far when the tutorial tells you about fleeing from enemies. That time and the strange dragons/birds when you play Vanille and zach after the djungle part.
    Create your own world. Create your own fantasy. Show people what fantasy really is.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you haven't leveled before the final dungeon monsters are too strong, Loony. So it is useless because you cannot use them for your training other than the monsters from Pulse which are way easier. Of course you can pass the final dungeon but it is very difficult then.
    I see where you're coming from but if you run away from a fight worth 100 CP it's not going to make a whole heck of a lot of difference when you're needing 20,000 CP for a single Crystarium node.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    I see where you're coming from but if you run away from a fight worth 100 CP it's not going to make a whole heck of a lot of difference when you're needing 20,000 CP for a single Crystarium node.
    That's correct. But arrive at the final dungeon and you will see what I mean it is unwise to run away from every single battle. You don't get only 100 CP (I know it was just an example) during your normal monster story line battles. If you skip most of them you'll see the difference. And the final dungeon is even difficult if you do these battles. I'd rather have a difficult dungeon than a very difficult dungeon - as long as it is no sidequest. The final boss is strong enough.

I haven't skipped any battles yet (just started chapter 11) but I'm a little concerned at the sheer lack of 5 star boss battles I'm getting compared to other people here. Boss battles, at least the most recent ones, are all ending in 0 stars. It's not that they're too difficult, I haven't been killed in a boss battle yet, they just seem to take me a while. I generally go with COM SYN SAB to start and then switch to COM RAV RAV to deal damage and stagger, and switching to MED when appropriate, so I'm not entirely sure where I'm going wrong.

Anyone got a good idea of what level my equipment should be by chapter 11 too? So far Lightning has a lvl 20 Gladius and that's it, everyone else is still using their vanilla lvl 1 weapons and accesories which I'm assuming is limiting their damage dealing potential and lengthening the battles. Also, using a sentinel for an entire boss battle seems like a surefire way to get 0 stars. (SPOILER)When fighting Cid I was just too scared to switch to a more offensive minded paradigm setup than COM RAV SEN. Going from full health to 0 in one swift spam attack seemed like a distinct possibility in that battle.

That's not really an issue for me though seeing as I've only used a sentinel in that one battle. Any thoughts? Anything better than COM RAV RAV for staggering? I don't think I'm under-levelled because like I said I haven't skipped any battles yet, I haven't done any grinding either so maybe I could do with staying in an area and getting a little extra CP.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

After the chain gets high enough that it won't fall off you can switch to RAV RAV RAV. Also once they are staggered the percentage keeps going up, so having RAVs pile on the DPS is almost even more important when they are staggered than when you are building up to it.

You can also switch between COM RAV RAV and RAV RAV RAV every few turns or so. Build the first bit up with COM, then go RAVx3, then back to COM when the chain starts going down uncomfortably fast between attack rounds, and so on.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Okay, now that I'm in chapter 11, I skip a lot of battles when going through narrow areas. If I want to battle, I spend a lot of time in an area where there are a lot of guys I can beat for decent enough CP.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I ran past a couple of the tougher monsters in chapter 6. mostly because it was a long way from the save point and I didn't want to accidentally die.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Okay, now that I'm in chapter 11, I skip a lot of battles when going through narrow areas. If I want to battle, I spend a lot of time in an area where there are a lot of guys I can beat for decent enough CP.
    Yeah, I sneak past the hard guys. It's Munchkin genocide over here though.