Thread: Using GameFAQ Saves

Question Using GameFAQ Saves

Ok so call me a noob or whatever but I completed the game, competed Titans Trials, maxed out 3 jobs on every char and was about to do a 4th, got one trap made vanilles ultimate weapon, on 65% with trophys but now I've all but finished the missions and done the sidequests I have lost all motivation to do any more, the amount of gil required to get the nirvana up to dismantle it is just insane. Sooooo on GameFAQ they have a save (from the Euro version) with everything maxed and I was going to DL it just so I can have a look, maybe run around the calm....*cough* steppe and slay some beasties going "Look how strong I am." Anyway, I've not done this before and I love my PS3 oh so much (iplayer and blu ray FTW!) and would really rather not bugger it up! Also do you just straight put it on an SD card (or whatever) copy it across and off you go?

I am actually playing again now (in hanging edge) but am taking it easy this time.

Thank yee muchly

Blog Entries

I've never done it before, but I should think it works. Your location is telling me you're in the UK, so the Euro version should be all clear for you to transfer over (probably). And I wouldn't think it's too fiddly, the PS3 operates similarly to a PC in many ways. If you can install a system update from USB, transferring a save file over should be just as simple.

Also, no need to be apologetic about noob-ing out on the game. I reckon, once you've finished the game legit once, all bets are off and you can do whatever you want with it.

Got to admit I did a hell of alot more post game that I though I would! I'm not a hunting/grinding/trophying kind of person so maxing out 3, almost 4, jobs, completing 85% of the mission, 65% of the trophys is pretty amazing. I do kinda have an objection to massive amounts of leveling because I think ending battles should be hard! You're saving the world! One of the many times I completed FFX I really went for it and the ending battles were, hit, hit dead, hit, hit dead.... kinda depressing! lol Well my best mate will be impressed when he's back from NZ anyway! lol

Sorry for the double post but I did it, my PS3 didn't implode and fun was had by all.

P.S. Holy hell, maxxed out crystalairum and still was one hit KO'd with ultima! lol

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

That's pretty crazy!

If you need to post a second time it's preferred to edit the original post instead of making two in a row

Sorry, I've not been back here long and every other forum I frequent has a finite edit window of between 10mins and 3hrs. I'm a numpty and forget, thanks for tidying up

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

No problem, it's no big deal.