Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: (Chapters 9 & 10 thread) All was Fun and Games

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Ark in Chapter 10 makes more sense story-wise when you get to chapter 12 and (SPOILER)Barthandelus releases the Pulse monsters from the Ark under Eden to make it look like the l'cie are leading an invasion from Pulse.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

These chapters had a lot of development in the story, and the story is pretty cool. Also it's awesome to finally get my characters together and choose my own party.

Chapter 9 was pretty cool but I didn't like how (SPOILER)Jihl was randomly killed. The Ark was the most boring dungeon yet and got pretty repetitive. I also don't like the poor development of the side characters in this game. (SPOILER)As I mentioned Jihl is randomly killed and Raines gets like 2 scenes before you fight him. There's not equivalent of Ultros, Gilgamesh, or the Turks.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I agree, the side characters really needed to feature more. For how many there were, they didn't really do much with them.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Mid Chapter 9 SpoilerIf Hope killed Snow in Ch7 and then Shaz killed himself in Ch8, OMFG that would be freaking epic. If you find a way to kill someone else you could pull an FFIV and have all the characters killed off so that there are only a full party left by the end. That would make the game something to remember. (That means midway through Ch9, not medium spoiler. Huge spoiler)

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Chapter 9.

Finally get to choose my party! Kinda.
    With Lightning being the forced leader I went with putting in Snow for the rare occasion I need a Sentinel instead of Fang. I prefer to take on enemies one by one so I usually go with COM-RAV-RAV and destroy them fast. It works far better for me than if I had put in Fang because she has COM instead of RAV and I don' tlike how the second COM is programmed to attack a different enemy. For a medic I put in Hope instead of Vanille. I prefer to Syn my party rather than SAB the enemies.

(SPOILER)It was pretty lame how the prisoners broke themselves out instead of needing to really be rescued. It would have made more sense to break into their cell and save them. I liked the little robot owl thing until he merged with Emperor Palpatine and made Robofal'cie. Still totally expected Fang X Vanille Luv Luv since Fangsaid she would tear down the sky if that's what it took to save her. Jihl, well she was just a cold-hearted bitch. I don't care that she died. I had no attachment to her.

The enemies here get harder to fight but I still find boss fights easy. For Chapter 9:

It was totally obvious this was coming so I itemed up before going through the door. While killing the four side things I kept up COM-RAV-RAV and they died fast. The rare times I needed to heal I went COM-RAV-MED. With the main boss, it was COM-RAV-RAV until I felt I built up his chain gauge fast enough and then switched over to RAV-RAV-RAV until the gauge was full, then back to COM-RAV-RAV. For healing again it was COM-RAV-MED. There really wasn't a need for a SEN in this fight. While he's charging if you do enough damage he'll break before using MEGADAMAGEVIOLENCE. 5 stars.

Everything in chapter 10 seemed lame but man was that boss fight hard! Died a few times, but finally made it. 5 stars.