• Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is sooo hard to find Cie'eth stones!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I think the datalog is a good counter to that, though. If you forget anything that happened it's all there, and it also shows up whenever you load a game.
    That's true, but even if FFXII had that, I'd still probably be spending way too long in any one area to have it feel like a story is unfolding. The story took a massive backseat in that game when I was playing it, and I can't remember much of the story off the top of my head, nor did I get very close to finishing it.

Needs a happy middle ground, I guess! Shorter trips between areas, but bigger areas, maybe? I can't really think of exactly where I would have changed things, personally, without the game needing more grinding.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I 100% agree with that. Maybe just have a huge city or two (I still wish we could've explored all of Midgar ) and a Gran Pulse type area, and then the rest of the areas can be pretty linear.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

On those big turtle things, there are two types. The big guys with chains all over them, and then smaller ones. I can kill the small ones. Big ones are impossible.

Articles

Diggin' Oerba. Pretty damned atmospheric.

I like how Sazh totally hates Cactuar's. Oh and Gigantuar keeps killing me

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Diggin' Oerba. Pretty damned atmospheric.
    I got there but went to do quests instead. Did you find little optional cutscenes on the way? I found two. Thought that was awesome, walking into a certain spot to trigger an optional cutscene.

Articles

Well I found an old friend of Vanille's with a silly name if that's what you mean.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nope! I must've missed that one myself.

When walking around Gran Pulse you have to be sure that, if you see an orange target on your mini-map, you step on it to trigger cutscenes. I found them to be super cute.

One was vague spoilerHope and Vanille being cute and the other was vague spoilera fal'Cie flying by.

Articles

Oh I saw those two. To find the thing I mentioned - and it's a nice little sidequest too! - just explore the houses in Oerba and you'll see the friend inside.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah, okay, I haven't gone in yet.

Articles

Opening FMV of Chapter 12:

(SPOILER)What the living smurf was that? "We'll teach YOU not to have a hoverbike race! Eat Eidolons, bitches!" did I miss something here? Why in the whole of hell did they randomly just start smurfing up a seemingly innocent race? I'm not complaining as it looked cool, but really, wtf.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

So I just did the 7th mark for the second waystone and killing a bunch of baddies along the way. It's good fun. I figure doing marks is a good enough way to explore for now. I have absolutely no idea where the next Cie'th stone is, though.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Man, Gran Pulse is kicking my ass at the moment. Did anyone have real trouble with Mark 7/The Undying? I died the first time and then for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to use a sentinel, which didnt really work because the marks most damaging attacks a AoE anyway, but didnt want to restart, which meant I literally spent like 20 minutes duking it out on the edge of my seat, nearly dying every couple of seconds lol.
    I should have used some different Paradigms I think.

Its gonna take a long time for me to level up by the looks of it.

Im really enjoying the game so far, including the difficulty. My few gripes however are the before Pulse it really was extremely linear (even for a Final Fantasy, which might go as far as giving you the ILLUSION of non-linear gameplay)

Also, does every little trash mob have to take 2+ minutes? I know they wanted every fight to be tough, but then maybe they should have lowered the number of fights a little with better rewards or thrown in a few more quicker battles.

I wanted something to break up the sheer exhaustion of playing this game. Ultimately though, it feels really rewarding.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I've found there have been quite a few quick battles. Did you 'dodge' many battles? I didn't, and I never really had trouble with finding a quick battle or two. It's nothing new, grinding, really. There are always hard battles to be had, though, which is possibly the difference - usually in FF's you can always level to the point that you'll be able to not think much and just battle lots of lesser enemies like crazy to get some items or something. This time around there are level caps, so to speak, which stop you from really being able to do that (although I found when I was capped it was easy to walk through a lot of battles).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!