Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: (Chapters 11 & 12 threads) Yep, Still Linear. I swear

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I got a Cuactar Doll from a treasure, I have yet to get one from a battle. :/

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    . Now I just need an easy way to farm Barbed Tails or one of the other low tier loot that raises the XP Bonus.
    For less than 3,000 you can buy enough stuff to get up to a x3 multiplier. Not to mention just from running around fighting stuff I usually have a backpack full of random biological parts that I can stuff into an item for XP bonuses.

It is actually better to use items with low experience to raise the multiplier. Every time you level up an item the amount of XP an upgrade material will give decreases. So if it goes up a few levels when you are maxing out your exp multiplier you could be looking at 10% less exp from the main component dump.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think Vanille sounds more like she is playing tennis than having sex.

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

I'm mostly trying to do missions so I can find one that drops decent loot. If I had Vanille's death spell I could hunt the giant Adamantoises and get their drops but I have a feeling that won't happen anytime soon.
    Did ya fix Vanille's little robot in Oerba? You can get quite a lot of gil from selling what you win I know what you mean, I'm still in Chapter 11 cos I am riding Chocobos and farming CP around The Archylte Steppe. It's just nice to have a break of freedom!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't gone to Oerba yet, I'm trying to get all the primary roles to level 4 first. I was also hoping to actually max out the weapons or at least get them to tier 2 before moving on but that might not be happening...

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

is there any significance to getting 5 stars on missions? like do you get better prizes that are actually worth something? or is it just for pride or trophies?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Its suppose to increase the chances of drops, especially rare drops. At least in theory. I tend to get more stuff from doing poorly in battles than when I got 5 stars. Go figure.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Its suppose to increase the chances of drops, especially rare drops. At least in theory. I tend to get more stuff from doing poorly in battles than when I got 5 stars. Go figure.
    I think 0-stars increases your chances of getting shrouds (Aegisol, etc.). But you're better getting the specific rare drops from that monster if you get more stars. Higher stars also means more TP regeneration, if that matters.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

other than libra and renew and an occasional summon, I never use techniques. I did not know sols drop more in 0 star battles. I like those things so maybe i will start getting more zero stars.

but is there a difference in the stars received for beating the mission, as opposed to the battle stars? so far I have finished the first four or five missions, and gotten 3 stars for each.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been spending my days farming Mark Mission 7 for his bomb cores, I think I'll collect 100 of them and then sell all of them for the gil then farm another 100 for XP for my equipment and weapons. I've really been meaning to start maxing out my accessories. Its all great for XP for the Paradigms as well.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

I haven't gone to Oerba yet, I'm trying to get all the primary roles to level 4 first. I was also hoping to actually max out the weapons or at least get them to tier 2 before moving on but that might not be happening...
    Personally, the easiest way for quick CP was, IMHO, to ambush that Behemoth King near the save point where the two monsters are fighting (Behemoth King and another one). You get 4000 CP for a fight of 18 seconds or so, and you just have to walk a little bit away for it to respawn, so you can ambush it again, and again, and again. I farmed 200 000 CP like that in less than an hour. Of course, the loot drops aren't the greatest, but every coin has two sides.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

It's 6600 CP (4k CP is just one Behemoth King), and it really is the best place to CP grind. It's in the Northern Highplain just after the save point and near a waystone, on the path you have to go to advance the story.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Yeah, but before the save-point, there's a lone Behemoth King. It's safer for lower-level parties to ambush that one instead of the two fighting beasties.

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Personally, the easiest way for quick CP was, IMHO, to ambush that Behemoth King near the save point where the two monsters are fighting (Behemoth King and another one). You get 4000 CP for a fight of 18 seconds or so, and you just have to walk a little bit away for it to respawn, so you can ambush it again, and again, and again. I farmed 200 000 CP like that in less than an hour. Of course, the loot drops aren't the greatest, but every coin has two sides.
    You actually get 6600CP! I did this for a few hours! I wish I had a growth egg equipped as it would have doubled my CP, but 6600CP in 12 seconds is pretty darn good. The lone Behemoth I also farmed, but ended up sticking with the fighting duo down past the save point as you can pre-empt them without even trying.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

The Behemoth on Wolf-thing action trick never really appealed to me... I kept running up but turning to soon to find they hadn't respawned yet, getting frustrated and then I take my anger out on the nearby chocobo. =\

Then again, it's a bit more exciting than spamming Death on a gargantuan tortoise-snail thing that fell down from the shock of a mechanical tentacle monster that just appeared out of a crystal pulled from some girl's thigh.
    jkhkjg