Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tossing and Turning

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Tossing and Turning

Do you ever have trouble sleeping, or are you one of those people who fall asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow? If the former, then what keeps you up at night?

I can NOT get to sleep at night when it's too hot. I end up changing positions all the time, getting really frustrated, and then when I do fall asleep I always wake up at about 5:00am because I have nothing covering me and the temperature has dropped. Sometimes I also end up staying awake thinking about conversations I've had that day and all the things I could have said in them that would have been much wittier...

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah I often have problems and cannot lie still for even a second. I basically have to stay up until I am extremely tired (as in everything is swirling where the hell am I) in order to fall asleep easily.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's almost wired into my brain that I have to lay on my left side, then my right, before I am comfortable laying on my back. I have no idea why, but I can't sleep otherwise.

I'm tosser and turner before I can find a comfortable position (sleep facing down to my right)

Some nights can't sleep at all cause of the evil mosquitoes that magically appear and cause me to lose sleep!

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can never get to sleep right away, but I have a fairly good imagination. I've actually got 3 scenarios in my mind that I go to when I'm bored, 15 min of that and I'm put right to sleep.

Whether that is because I'm tired or if I'm boring myself is up to you.

Yeah I have pretty srs insomnia. Zolpidem does the trick though.

I fall to sleep within five to ten minutes of laying my head down.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I used to be able to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I have had a lot of troubles sleeping recently. I think its just due to have a lot on my mind and thinking so much about stuff I can't actually switch off and just sleep. Once I'm asleep I tend to wake up a lot through the night, too, where as I used to just sleep straight through.

I can't sleep when it's too hot though. arghhh

Blog Entries

I fall asleep pretty easily, though once I go to bed I usually hold long conversations with the person whom shares it! I like the conversation; it makes you seem as if you truly care and then you fall asleep to the boring parts!

Araciel is not allowed to sleep with me since we would never speak!

I hate sleeping. If I didn't have to do it, I never would. It sucks and I wish it wasn't necessary to my survival. I have a pretty hard time getting to sleep, though I don't want to label it as insomnia; usually listening to music helps.

I typically go to bed at 4-5am and wake up at 9-10am. Every once and awhile I sleep for several additional hours due to sheer exhaustion and inability to wake up. Though I'm also a fairly light sleeper (which makes sleep even less appealing to me), at the times in which I sleep for longer than intended, I can't be woken up by anything at all.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm always having to switch sleeping positions before I get settled. I like to be on my stomach or slightly on my right side. I usually fall asleep really fast.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I'm easy in bed.

I mean, I fall asleep easily.

I fall asleep easily with music or a podcast quietly playing through my headphones, or if someone else is with me. Other than that I sometimes have trouble, but it seems random.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Quote Originally Posted by eternal essence View Post
    I can NOT get to sleep at night when it's too hot. I end up changing positions all the time, getting really frustrated, and then when I do fall asleep I always wake up at about 5:00am because I have nothing covering me and the temperature has dropped. Sometimes I also end up staying awake thinking about conversations I've had that day and all the things I could have said in them that would have been much wittier...
    This, and if I don't have enough pillows. I don't know why but if I have less than five pillows I just can't sleep, which gets me frustrated and causes me to keep moving around - its really annoying when you have to get up early in the morning.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd say I fall asleep fairly quickly after actually getting bed. Most of the time no more than ten minutes or so will pass.

Any trouble will usually because I'm not tired enough or I'm cracked out on something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    I'm easy in bed.

I mean, I fall asleep easily.
    Lulz, didn't see that coming.