Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: (Chapter 13 thread) Congratulations, you've graduated to the end!

Quote Originally Posted by Jings View Post
    I guess I missed the Genji Glove. Where is it?
    You will get it later. Just continue your missions. You will not miss it and I doubt you will sell it because the amount of gil you get for it is riddiculus.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jings View Post
    Makes me wonder how you get the 100,000+ achievement? It seems to cap at that.
    Find some weak opponent and stagger them to maybe 300%, then get Vanille's Eidolon to use its ultimate attack.

So I poisoned him and sat there with my thumb up my arse 'til he died. Climactic. The ending was WAY too short for the amount of time it took me to get through the final dungeon. Gonna make a video review soon.

It seems I am the only one who fights the final boss without using bio/poison.

To be honest I needed all the help I could get. When he started spamming status ailments things went belly up for me. Poison really did the trick. I didn't have any potions to cure fog either which was such a pain, and when all three party members are afflicted, it's just a case of waiting to die.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I have an ally who is a SAB at the start of all my battles - so poison was done without me knowing it even could be done. Still, didn't have much trouble with any of the bosses, beat them all first time. Pretty sure I did most of the damage with attacks, though.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

former theif of Zozo Terror of Zanarkand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    It seems I am the only one who fights the final boss without using bio/poison.
    I didn't use posion... I got killed so many times.. it was like sending a lamb to the slaughter-house. but i got there in the end.

Edit:

(SPOILER)I just watched the ending again which made me wonder... does anyone know if Bartholomew is dead? It just seems everyone is reunited except for hope...
    Even the dead tell me their secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Terror of Zanarkand View Post
    Edit:

(SPOILER)I just watched the ending again which made me wonder... does anyone know if Bartholomew is dead? It just seems everyone is reunited except for hope...
    (SPOILER)Yeah, at least Lightning stayed with Hope

Was anyone else put off by the shortness and sheer amount of deus-ex machina of the ending? I mean, it basically was long enough for everything to work out happily ever after, the end.

Also (SPOILER)what happened to Hope's dad? He was with the Cavalry, did they kill him when Cid turned traitor?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

respoding to spoiler in above postPretty sure Hope's dad would be safe. For all the 'traitor' Cid may have become, he had his good intentions behind it... something which he wouldn't have for killing Hope's dad.

How I beat final boss: (SPOILER)I didn't poison..... started in protection, hope cast haste on everyone, relentless assault, drive up the guage, brief combat clinic then com/com/rav. Dead within the stagger. I hadn't even leveled up particularly, probs spent an hour in all in that bit in orphans cradle where everything gives 32k cp. Ok so that method was from the strat guide but I usually suck at final bosses on first play through!

I liked the ending. I also much prefer it when you don't know what the hell the game logo is till near the end lol I will also admit I blubbed a little.... I was far more attached to the chars than I though I was! Oh and I thought the song was very well placed and I really really don't like leona!

So I finally finished it today and I loved the ending, was a little sad though.

I didn't actually find the final boss too bad and I got 5 stars which earned me a trophy. I'm now gonna go back and do the rest of the missions and stuff.

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Arrow

I finished it today! The end battles were kinda easy. I quite liked the ending, but was left with lots of questions that never got answered (I think about a lot of stuff going on). I have to admit though, I wasn't following the story really closely as I found it a little boring. Does anyone know how Fang and Vanille first met? I don't remember there being a flashback.

You know, the battle at the end was a breeze after equiping the Cherub Bands.

And after all the countless hours of playing and battling, learning ever more about the characters, I feel horribly cheated by this games ending.

The shear amount of BS at the end (SPOILER)Really? Fang and Vannilles eidolons fuse together and summon forth a mass of lava, causing a giant pillar to form and crystalize, effectively catching Cacoon? What the hell? and the shear level of dull that were the villains?

Mind you, the characters themselves and gameplay are awesome, though I feel horribly cheated by this ending.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoabella View Post
    I finished it today! The end battles were kinda easy. I quite liked the ending, but was left with lots of questions that never got answered (I think about a lot of stuff going on). I have to admit though, I wasn't following the story really closely as I found it a little boring. Does anyone know how Fang and Vanille first met? I don't remember there being a flashback.
    They're childhood friends.