Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: (Chapter 13 thread) Congratulations, you've graduated to the end!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    I'm not sure if having the ColCat will take away a bit of the odds of getting a rare item by making it more likely to get a regular item. Someone else might be able to advise on that?
    The way I've heard it told, the odds for receiving a rare item are calculated first, and getting a rare drop excludes getting a normal item. So if you were farming Adamantoises for money (platinum ingots -- normal drop), you would not want to have a Connoisseur Catalog equipped (slightly increased chance at rare drop = slightly decreased chance at normal drop). However, having Collector's Catalog equipped should not have any impact on getting the rare drops, considering the normal drop odds are calculated last.

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

I did what Daniel sand and had only the Connoisseur Catalog equipped. Since then I have received about 12 - 15 Dark Matters (almost one for every battle fought!)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Considering the 5% drop rate, that is a ridiculous turnaround. I think that's more of the game being fickle than a realistic result of the other Catalogs being unequipped.

Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Chickencha who is also playing FFXIII said that when you 5 star a battle, the chances of getting a spoil is increased by 5. So 25% plus whatever the Catalog gives you, right? Those are good odds!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Were you not five-starring any before? That certainly makes way more difference than the Catalogs.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Chickencha is absolutely correct. Say hi to him for me.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just finished the game tonight... I guess its good know that my track record with Motomu Toriyama is still going strong, which is basically the man has yet to make a game I like.

The ending is total BS and I despise games that go out of their way to make everything seem like its "A Ok" when you know damn well things never go that smoothly. I think the game would have been better off if they dropped the whole FalCie nonsense and ended the game at chapter 9. The sheer amount of "Let's do this together! Cause together, anything is possible!!! Go team retard" speeches that were going on in every chapter after Chapter 9 was just ridiculous and destroying the characters credibility with me.

Beyond that, I feel the battle system was great and the upgrade system is fun once you can actually start really using it(80% into the game). The cast ranges from excellent (Sahz) to good (Snow, Fang, and Bartholomew) to tolerable (Hope, Lightning, Cid) to "I wish you would die in a fire" (Vanille and everyone else in the game that hasn't been mentioned yet). I really feel the cast and plot peaked too early. The gameplay offers a great battle system but everything else in the title is marred with poor and just plain terrible decisions IMHO.

Definetly in my bottom of ranking of FF titles. I'm actually debating if the battle system saves it enough from being my least favorite title in the series right now.

Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Were you not five-starring any before? That certainly makes way more difference than the Catalogs.
    I was mostly 5-starring before, but had a few 3-stars. Maybe that was why I wasn't getting anything?

It's weird though, because out of the 10+ Dark Matters (rare drops) I got, I have only ever received 2 Gold Nuggets (normal drop)! Having just one Catalog has made a huge difference.

How do you protect from fog on the battle with Orphan?
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chapter 12 felt mostly like an unpleasant grind through a bunch of stuff. The Proudclad fights were pretty interesting though!

Hating Chapter 13. It is annoying and I don't much appreciate fighting regular enemies who can do more damage than a boss can.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar View Post
    How do you protect from fog on the battle with Orphan?
    If you cast Veil on yourself it lowers the chance of being hit by any status effects. I had my party buffed with it the whole battle and I didn't know he even had status effects until I read it on this board.

Reached the end.Am seeing the credits now.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own BRRRAAAIINNSSS View Post
    Chapter 12 felt mostly like an unpleasant grind through a bunch of stuff. The Proudclad fights were pretty interesting though!

Hating Chapter 13. It is annoying and I don't much appreciate fighting regular enemies who can do more damage than a boss can.
    Chapter 13 is the best place to make money, and the easiest. You may have passed it, but basically there's an area where there are two groups of those white Cie'th (one group of four, one group of three). Kill them, go to the 'wings' of that little area, return, they should have respawned. You'll never get a chance to do that again in the game, so if you still can, do it. Otherwise, don't worry, it's certainly not the end of the world - I've managed to get almost every item already and just need a few Dark Matters to finish off the job, it just takes a lot of leveling up to kill the Adamantortoise fast enough.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey I beat the game just now. *pats herself on the back*

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own BRRRAAAIINNSSS View Post

Chapter 13 is the best place to make money, and the easiest. You may have passed it, but basically there's an area where there are two groups of those white Cie'th (one group of four, one group of three). Kill them, go to the 'wings' of that little area, return, they should have respawned. You'll never get a chance to do that again in the game, so if you still can, do it. Otherwise, don't worry, it's certainly not the end of the world - I've managed to get almost every item already and just need a few Dark Matters to finish off the job, it just takes a lot of leveling up to kill the Adamantortoise fast enough.
    Oh I know where that is, I might head back and do that if I still can, they're not tough to fight. Thanks!