Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: (Chapter 13 thread) Congratulations, you've graduated to the end!

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Default (Chapter 13 thread) Congratulations, you've graduated to the end!

Welp, I'm here. Decided to make thread. I didn't even expect to be in chapter 13 yet. Chapter 12 was kind of short.

I have finished Orphan's Cradle just a few minutes ago and the story of Final Fantasy XIII with it.

As awesome as ever.

GROWTH EGG GET! That Neochu was ridiculous. And those little seed-pods... MY GOODNESS!

So, how have you finished the Neochu?

He wasn't too bad actually. I am surprised that enemies in chapter 13 are still difficult and require me to buff my party and debuff the enemy. I am really happy with this difficulty.

I'd have to say that after completion of the game, Final Fantasy XIII is far and away my favorite FF to play, and I've been a diehard FF6 fan since it was FF3. The ending was pretty epic, and the story was excellent (although, it could have been told better on keynote points, needing to read the datalog to get some key details was pretty lame, even though I never actually read it through, my roommate did).

Running FFXIII on 1080p/maximum settings for the ps3 was pretty amazing, it makes Star Ocean 4 look extremely dated. I feel the summon system could have been better (for instance, not limiting to just the team leader, with only one summon a choice would have been nice), but for the battle system it worked really well overall, just some minor tweaks that I would have done differently. Fortunately, Odin was pretty awesome anyway.

Ch. 13 difficulty stuff (SPOILER)The difficulty was pretty cool, I think it was Ch. 12 that finally required me to use a sentinel to kill one boss for the first time though, but it was all a "maximum and quickest offense possible" game for me, I never used buffs until the last boss, since I kept Hope out of my party and opted for double debuffs (light/fang/vanille) to speed up the debuff phase and stack the meter quicker. The last boss finally forced my hand to need a buff stack/rebuffing to pummel him down though through the phase shifts.

I didn't even level alternate jobs outside my character's main ones until the end of chapter 11. Diversity, Relentless Assault were my staples.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Just finished this chapter. Kind of gutting at how it ended for me, if only because one of my preferred three characters (SPOILER)- Vanille - sacrificed themselves and it makes going back to Pulse with them in my group seem kind of, well, weird. Like they shouldn't be there or something.

Also, for me, it was a bit quick. But then FF's have never been known to have fantastic endings in my opinion (the only one I genuinely enjoyed and felt satisfied with was the FFVIII one), so it's still one of the better endings overall, I guess.

I always feel a bit gutted when I finish a game. I know there's more to do but I want more story, dammit.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm in the middle of this one right now. Jesus christ these random encounters are annoying. Deceptisol fgj.

Orphan raped me. A lot. D:

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

A massive tip for that: At the last save point, buy a couple of Cherub things from B&W Outfitters. Before starting against Orphan, pause and retry. Equip your lead with them. Set up your paradigms to MED/MED/SYN (my personal preference), MED/MED/MED or MED/MED/SEN or something to ensure your players are ready to heal up against his 'big attack'. Every time he is about to change (you should notice pretty quick that the Light/Dark switches cause the big massive attack), switch to the 2+ MED's - you should have enough time to heal up to close to maximum before he carries out the big attack and then heal up immediately afterwards, as well. Aside from that, you should be fine with staggering and then hard-hitting him as much as possible with a bit of healing inbetween.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Just finished this chapter. Kind of gutting at how it ended for me, if only because one of my preferred three characters (SPOILER)- Vanille - sacrificed themselves and it makes going back to Pulse with them in my group seem kind of, well, weird. Like they shouldn't be there or something.

Also, for me, it was a bit quick. But then FF's have never been known to have fantastic endings in my opinion (the only one I genuinely enjoyed and felt satisfied with was the FFVIII one), so it's still one of the better endings overall, I guess.

I always feel a bit gutted when I finish a game. I know there's more to do but I want more story, dammit.
    Then hope the game sells well in the west, so SE will make the XIII-2 they talked about.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

For Orphan, Poison the smurf out of him. Just spam Poison 50 times at him until one of them sticks. He simply cannot handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    For Orphan, Poison the smurf out of him. Just spam Poison 50 times at him until one of them sticks. He simply cannot handle it.
    This. I almost crapped my pants when I saw how quickly his health bar was going down. Plus, deprotect + 999% stagger = 99,999 damage. Makes me wonder how you get the 100,000+ achievement? It seems to cap at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jings View Post
    This. I almost crapped my pants when I saw how quickly his health bar was going down. Plus, deprotect + 999% stagger = 99,999 damage. Makes me wonder how you get the 100,000+ achievement? It seems to cap at that.
    You summons can break the damage limit. Plus there is a Genji Glove. You can easily deal 999999 damage points with one hit.

I guess I missed the Genji Glove. Where is it?