Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (Post Game) Oh Great, Ridiculous Sidequests - spoilers everywhere

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Nobody is. And there's four missions with it as the Mark.
    Didnt find that one so annoying. I DO however HATE Attacus. It took me 6 tries to figure out a good tactic.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

You should share it in the Missions thread! I haven't tried to tackle him yet.

Attacus took me 2 tries, I think zirnitra took me 3 and that's just because I stopped trying and got better gear on everyone before I went for a round 2. I guess I saved all the hard ones till after I leveled a bunch (though grand cactaur beat around 9 times... I'm not proud of that)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, Gigantuar was a bitch.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Taking on Gigantuar was the first time I was really frustrated with the AI. WHY ARE YOU CASTING ESUNA WHEN SNOW HAS LIKE 10 HP LEFT???!! *kills everyone*

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Attacus was easy just took ages, and his stagger bar is like parallel to his HP so the whole fight was a giant cock-tease. Zirnitra is easy if you surprise it.

I was a bit O___O against Virgintereryx (or whatever it's called), it always recovers it's stagger bar after you stagger it and halfway through the fight it gets really powerful and grapes everyone! =( I've nearly maxxed the Crystarium, so I'll try it again after that.

I'm also having trouble with the two Cie'th in Arcylte, the barriery ones. I think I need to make loads of magic resist accessories to stand a chance, although I did nearly kill one of the two. I hate that you can't Deceptisol them!

Gigantuar is a bit of a bitch, and yeah, the AI is stupid. It wouldn't be so bad if it's needles weren't filled with many status ailments. D: Slow makes me cry.

Then after that, it just leaves Long Gui. I will laugh if you can kill it through Death spam...
    jkhkjg

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    Attacus was easy just took ages, and his stagger bar is like parallel to his HP so the whole fight was a giant cock-tease. Zirnitra is easy if you surprise it.

I was a bit O___O against Virgintereryx (or whatever it's called), it always recovers it's stagger bar after you stagger it and halfway through the fight it gets really powerful and grapes everyone! =( I've nearly maxxed the Crystarium, so I'll try it again after that.

I'm also having trouble with the two Cie'th in Arcylte, the barriery ones. I think I need to make loads of magic resist accessories to stand a chance, although I did nearly kill one of the two. I hate that you can't Deceptisol them!

Gigantuar is a bit of a bitch

Then after that, it just leaves Long Gui. I will laugh if you can kill it through Death spam...
    Don't remember how i Kill ed Gigantaur, makes me wonder, I know you always need a sentinel active

I think you can death-spam a long gui but he can still be a son of a gun if your not paying attention, he does drop traps like nobodies bussiness. I now have 3 but for the life of me can't get enough platimums to upgrade what I've already got

verc isn't hard to beat, you just have to debuff all the time, and "turtle up" when the time is right

Don't remember how I beat the rak's either... haha, hope you haven't wasted any money on dark matter because shaolong gui's drop them almost 1/3 time fighting them (with 2 con catalogs)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Just completed the game ... wow. Pretty amazing.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by docta fizz View Post

Don't remember how I beat the rak's either... haha, hope you haven't wasted any money on dark matter because shaolong gui's drop them almost 1/3 time fighting them (with 2 con catalogs)
    Oh? I need Dark Matter for Sazh! How do I make all them Xiao Long Gui's appear? ^.^

Just completed the game ... wow. Pretty amazing.
    YAY, finally a good reaction to the ending. I am relieved.
    jkhkjg

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Trust me, you don't want them to appear until you've maxed out the Crystarium and at least three weapons. I'd done the former but not all of the latter, and I died very, very, very quickly against them despite being able to take down Adamantoise (without Death/Summons). Gui are just... badass.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

From what I've heard, even a well-executed strategy against Long Guis with a maxed-out team (weapons and Crystarium) can take upwards of 10 minutes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Less than 9:30, it seems, after watching a YouTube video of a five star victory. But yeah, definitely max out.

Grin

Five and a half but I summon once and need to rebuild tp after each fight, that's if all goes well, should someone die it shoots up to 8-9 but haven't had too much problem with that

Though sometimes the shaolong gui's still kill me with roar-quake combo, I guess I only beat them 60/40

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I just set a new personal record with 5 Adamantoises/tortoises in a row with no drops (with two starred catalogs equipped). Although I'm taking them down without summons at a good clip (Fang + 3 starred power gloves + Genji Glove = monster), so all's not terrible.

I had one not-quite-amusing thing happen, though. I just Highwinded the thing's last leg, and immediately after -- but before it fell -- it lifted the leg and stomped it, causing damage. Then it fell on top of Lightning and killed her. W.t.f.

I am a about 2/3 of the way done mastering everyone's 5th role. At this rate I'll be ready to take on the Long Guis... well, probably never.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I am a about 2/3 of the way done mastering everyone's 5th role. At this rate I'll be ready to take on the Long Guis... well, probably never.
    You could easily master it using the Growth Egg and the training spot of Archylte.

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    How do I make all them Xiao Long Gui's appear? ^.^

Clear mission 56-62 and re-enter Archylte.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 04-06-2010 at 10:55 AM.