Thread: Distant Worlds

Default Distant Worlds

Where can you find tour dates for these shows? and does anyone know what locations in the us they come too. I've always wanted to see one of these shows.

Exiled Idiot of Doom? Blackmage's Avatar

Distant Worlds Official Site

Their line-up this year isn't looking as large, mainly due to them recording another album. I'd expect to see Chicago and possibly Atlanta pop up later on before the end of the year; Chicago's definitely one of their main performance places.

I really enjoyed the concert in Chicago last December; it was also epic to see Nobuo Uematsu there (I don't think Uematsu is usually at all the concerts), helping out the orchestra to play the Advent Children rendition of One-Winged Angel. Twice.

The only downside is that it's not long enough for them to do everything they've done; they've done so many more pieces compared to when they first started, but it's all good stuff. I definitely recommend going.
    Kuja Highwind/Blackmage: Some guy that used to be active back around 2001... He almost made his way through Proto's Custom Title Tournament way back in the day...but almost only counts in horseshoes and grenades. Oh well.

I wouldn't like to go to a Distant Worlds concert.. They're always playing the same titles, like, no title makes you say "I hadn't expected THIS title to be orchestrated ".
    And they are expansive, there are tons of other FF concerts which are more of value.

Quote Originally Posted by P4ine View Post
    I wouldn't like to go to a Distant Worlds concert.. They're always playing the same titles, like, no title makes you say "I hadn't expected THIS title to be orchestrated ".
    And they are expansive, there are tons of other FF concerts which are more of value.

where are such concerts? I really want to go to one. I live in Mass and don't exactly have the money to go to chicago or ontario to see one of these shows.

Blog Entries

I just saw Distant Worlds II live (in Sweden) today, and I must ask you to reconsider. It was bloody amazing. Totally freaking awesome.

Their version of Liberi Fatali blew my mind, and Dancing Mad pwned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    I just saw Distant Worlds II live (in Sweden) today, and I must ask you to reconsider. It was bloody amazing. Totally freaking awesome.

Their version of Liberi Fatali blew my mind, and Dancing Mad pwned.
    I didn't say it was bad or something..It's just that they're orchestrating titles everybody knows about how they sound orchestrated.
    Liberi Fatali, Aerith's theme, FFVII Main Theme... But Dancing Mad's new to me, I really would have liked to see that.

In September 2009 I was on a concert in Germany called "Symphonic Fantasies".. They played five medleys, the first one was Kingdom Hearts, then Secret of Mana, then Chrono Trigger and eventually Final Fantasy. The fifth one was a Final-Boss-Battle-Medley.

FF's medley included titles and arrangements I really HADN'T expected, like FFVII's battle theme and FFV's Clash on the Bridge. It was amazing.

Blog Entries

Well, while they did play some pretty obvious pieces (OWA, Chocobo, Terra's Theme etc), they actually had a few more suprises as well, like Prima Vista from FFIX, To Zanarkand, Melodies of Life (with a great singer), two FF13 tracks and even FF14's main theme.

...and of course, getting to see Nobou Uematsu himself appearing as an honour guest made it all even better.

I'd have loved to hear Clash on the Bridge though. It's one really awesome piece.

Haha, then I guess Distant World's changed.
    But too I met Uematsu at Symphonic Fantasies, he's such a funny fellow
    He was there with Yoko Shimomura, Hiroki Kikuta and Yasunori Mitsuda. Got all four autographs at that day haha.
    And you know what then happened? During the concert they sat right BEHIND us.

That was the best day of my life DD