Thread: Perfect World (One of them free MMOs)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Perfect World (One of them free MMOs)

My copy of FFXIII didn't come today.

Anyone else play Perfect World? I play a tideborn on Heavens Tear server.

Yes I am tots hot. I'm only level 12 tho.

I played that for a little while. I play Fiesta now. It's a simpler game, and I use it just to kill time on occasion. Though I haven't had much time for it recently.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think I'll give this a try. It'll take my mind off of FFXIII and Pokémon SoulSilver for a while.

EDIT: Downloading now. Can you tell me some basic stuff about the game, Shlup?
    Last edited by Momiji; 03-10-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

LOL, not really. It seems pretty complicated. All I've done so far is all the newbie quests, then I was released from the newbie area and walked to all the major cities. I've been having trouble finding stuff to do but yesterday my friend told me there's like a "find quests" button.

I want to try Prius Online but I can't seem to get the Japanese site to load. I decided I needed to play it after I read an article about a Korean couple starving their baby to death 'cause they were busy taking care of their virtual baby. xD

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Eh, it's not working for me either. 404'd. It does look pretty impressive, though.

I got the Korean site to load though, if you want to give that a shot. http://game4.netmarble.net/prius/main.asp

Anyway, still downloading. Perfect World looks like something I could definitely kill some time with on those slow days, and if I don't like it, I just found out that there's a free-to-play official Ragnarok Online server (and there has been one for like 2 years now, no one tells me this ), so I may end up playing that otherwise. (Though there are so many setbacks in the free server that it doesn't even feel worth it)
    Last edited by Momiji; 03-10-2010 at 10:55 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You have to have a resident number to play the Korean one.

PW is definitely a good time killer. It's pretty and I like the battle system. I'm like "BAM YOU ARE DED HO."

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Welp, I'm in.... except I'm debating whether I should be a Psychic or a Cleric. :<

EDIT: Went with Psychic for now.
    EDIT2: Not sure I'm really liking it. Might try a Cleric later.

EDIT3: Started playing as a cleric. I like it more, but I can't play this game. It's making my CPU cry for mercy at 82 degrees C... if not higher.

On to RO I go.
    Last edited by Momiji; 03-11-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Super late, but I wanted to say I am giving this a go! The first time I looked for it, I actually ended up [HERE], which is the wrong place and caused me no end of grief trying to download all the .rar parts!

If you are like me, i.e. stupid, please let me redirect you [HERE]!

I started off as a Tideborn Assassin because I like swinging weapons and not thinking about magic; this went well! Variety's sake asked me to try something else, so I went with an Untamed Venomancer, which was okay, but I already had a level seven Assassin waiting for me and I was not digging the class's job dynamics with shape-shifting and keeping pets; the fairy is about as in-depth as I am probably going to bother! Instead of going back to my Assassin though, I made a Tideborn Psychic as a why the hell not, and immediately see why people thought this class was awesome! Assassins get daggers and cut up things up close, which is cool and all, but Psychics get to stand far away and beat people with magic long enough that when they come around to complain, they are either dead or just about to be! Get that magic skill high enough, and you are dispatching creatures more quickly than your Assassin counterparts because you have damage and range! I might want to try out a Winged Elf Archer and see how they fare!

I have now another time-waster on my hands: thanks a ton, dear ShlupQuack!

On Heavens Tear as Wavecrest if anyone is interested; give me a, uh, splash?!