Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer 3D fighters

5 31.25%
  • I prefer 2D fighters

6 37.50%
  • I like 'em both

5 31.25%
  • I don't play fighting games, but I came here because the thread title intrigued me.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3D Fighter vs 2D Fighter. Round 2. FIGHT.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I like both, though I've been playing 3-D ones more because after the SFII and MKII craze, the 3-D generation came with Tekken and Soul Calibur the two fighters I've played way more than the time I had spent with the old 2-d games. Super Smash Bros. Brawl was the first 2-D fighter I played since SFII and MKII. Wait, no I had borrowed someone's copy of MK Deception for about a month. That game was decent, but smash was the first since those two games that I've played a crazy amount of. SFIV has been the second since that time and now I guess I'm getting back into them, but nothing will beat my love for the ol' Tekken.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    And DOA sucks
    Thank god I'm not the only one who realizes this.
    It has to be the worst ongoing series of fighting games out there. The controls are stupid. The characters are bland, even by fighting game standards. And no amount of breasts could change my mind.

I don't even enjoy playing as the girls. I only ever used to like using Ein and Jann Lee anyway.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

You realize elitist fanboy standards aren't so much standards that one is able to pass, so much as they are the giant clamps that force your eyelids shut when an obviously superior thing comes around.
    If they were "obviously superior" we wouldn't be having this discussion now would we? You just go on and play your silly Tekken and DOA while the big boys over here play BlazBlue and GG: AC+
    No, the simple fact there are things that are 'obviously superior' and yet don't get recognized as such is exactly why we have these conversations. ^_^

And DOA sucks, and Blazblu is my favorite fighter, since you obviously weren't paying attention nimrod.
    If it was "obviously superior" I should be able to recognize it, instead I see "sluggish and slow crap with pretty pictures", the only thing "obvious" here is your poor taste, as usual. The fact you said 3D is superior and said BlazBlue is your favorite voids your entire logic in this debate. You don't deserve BlazBlue Debate Over.

You realize elitist fanboy standards aren't so much standards that one is able to pass, so much as they are the giant clamps that force your eyelids shut when an obviously superior thing comes around.
    If they were "obviously superior" we wouldn't be having this discussion now would we? You just go on and play your silly Tekken and DOA while the big boys over here play BlazBlue and GG: AC+
    No, the simple fact there are things that are 'obviously superior' and yet don't get recognized as such is exactly why we have these conversations. ^_^

And DOA sucks, and Blazblu is my favorite fighter, since you obviously weren't paying attention nimrod.
    If it was "obviously superior" I should be able to recognize it, instead I see "sluggish and slow crap with pretty pictures", the only thing "obvious" here is your poor taste, as usual. The fact you said 3D is superior and said BlazBlue is your favorite voids your entire logic in this debate. You don't deserve BlazBlue Debate Over.
    And this is why you fail my dear friend.

I simply stated all of my favorites outside of Blazblu are all 3D. I never stated 3D was superior, the talk of that simply came about in regards to your fanboy nature.

For failing to brush up on your reading comprehension, the debate is most certainly over, but not in your favor mind you.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

hey now
    i liek dead or alive
    at least i liked doa2 hc that i've got on my ps2
    haven't played it since
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I like both, but my favorite would actually be 2.5D (two-and-a-half-dimensional).
    Is that your final answer?

I'm better at 2D games, therefore I like them more. That's really all there is to it.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.