Thread: Straight Party Challenge

Default Straight Party Challenge

As opposed to one full of queers.

I recently completed a straight time mage challenge over winter break, and it was hella fun! The beginning was pretty tedious as it would be for most magic based classes, but the things picked up quickly after not too long. With teleport at my discretion, and haste, Demi/2 and much later, meteor to play with, using a little bit of strategy and a pinch of luck, any battle could be won--some of them laughably quickly! (Some not so quickly.)

Really, games like FFT, ones so open ended with how you set up your party, seem like best suited for video game challenges. Do you think so?

Also, of course, have you done any interesting challenges with FFT? Yay time mages, right? :D

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I've always wanted to do an all-Thief party to take advantage of Poach later in the game for the good items and gear.
    Figaro Castle

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I've tried straight party challenges, but I usualy find them borring. For me tweaking my party is a major part of the game I enjoy, and you don't need to do that when everyone is the same class and they all master it fairly early. I usually just pick a handful of classes that I limit myself to for the playthrough.

Really, games like FFT, ones so open ended with how you set up your party, seem like best suited for video game challenges. Do you think so?
    Absolutely.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

FFT is definitely very suitable for challenges, but I usually can't be bothered with them. I play a game to enjoy the story and characters along with the gameplay; I generally get bored and tired of the additional effort required for such challenges.

what do you mean straight party, like no secondary skill at all? or just primary one class and second another. My choice would be the summoner or mage but that doesn't seem like much of a challenge at all.

Or could I be mistaken. I just repurchased the game so I'll try it out and tell you what it's like

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Only skills from one class.
    Figaro Castle