Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where did you go to University?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

work is paying for me to go back to college and get an 8.5 x 11 slice of paper that says i'm smart enough to do my job.

i have no smurfing idea where i want to go or what to major in.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Undergraduate degree: B.A. in Political Science and History from Gettysburg College, PA. Numbers-wise it was my safety school, but it was my second choice because of its excellent history program, especially for American history. I really enjoyed it.

I'm currently in law school at William & Mary. I am surprised W&M is not on the list somewhere, as the solely-US rankings have ranked it similar to or above many of those universities (it only has one undergraduate college, but does offer graduate degrees, obviously). Maybe it doesn't technically qualify as a "university" regardless, although again the US rankings have it listed as such. Who knows.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post

(Studied abroad for the year to this univeristy in the UK. It's fairly , though it has a high ranking, which goes to show what that ranking system actually amounts to. Let's hope I graduate on time, considering how royally this school has dicked me over in regards to the classes I weren't able to take, despite being promised them when signing up as a study abroad students
    Ha you sound just like my girlfriend. She studied abroad in the UK and didn't have too many nice things to say about it. Still we got to spend 10 months together (five in the UK, five in the US) so it was worth it.

Also, if you go to four different universities for your four undergrad years, who issues the degree? Your post got me thinking. I guess it'd be the final year institution, never thought about that before.

Hahaha, that sounds like me and my boyfriend; half the reason I did the year abroad was because it would be a good way of spending time with my boyfriend for 6 months while still working towards my degree. It definitely is worth it, even though I'm not a huge fan of this university or the area (I seriously wish we could have studied in Ireland together instead of the south of England - or even just studied in the midlands or up north. Reading sucks. XD)

I think it'd be the final year institution. I'd seriously love to try all four years at four different places, but that'd be even more of a pickle of a course credit situation than the one I'll probably be in once I return home.

I really like the spirit of the new university I'm hoping to go to; when I went there to just take a gander around at the beginning of the university year (before I left to go to England), it was so energetic and it looked really vibrant and spirited, even for a university that is a good deal commuter. Plus, can't beat $6,000 a year in tuition with a stick, unless I get a little bit of scholarship money too along with acceptance.

Blog Entries

Aberystwyth University, which unfortunately does not feature on that Times list. smurf you, homeland.

there was a picture here

- Central Texas College
    - Hawai'i Pacific University
    - DigiPen Institute of Technology

What can I say? I can't stay put!
    Go ahead and build a better messiah.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I enrolled here at Texas State University last fall as a Computer Science major. As of this morning I am a pre-Psychology major!

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

University of California, San Diego
    BS in General Biology.
    76 on the Times.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I did my BA in World Religions (minor in East Asian Cultural Studies) at McGill University. According to the list, it ranked 18th internationally, highest for Canada.

I agree about the program, just because the university has a good reputation, doesn't mean it always has the best programs. The best example I can think of is here in Montreal. McGill has much more international renown than Concordia (both are the only English universities in the city), thus a lot more people will go to McGill for Management, however Concordia's John Molson School of Business is, from all accounts that I have, a much better program than McGill's Desautels Faculty of Management.

The rivalry between the two is crazy. *sighs* It is almost as bad as console fanboys at times! :/

never went. I'm a commoner. I'm lucky I can read the question.

Blog Entries

I currently go to the University of Sydney, which is ranked equal 36th on the rankings according to the link.

But we couldn't give a smurf about the rankings, us USYD-ers. Instead, we're infinitely proud of our beautiful sandstone buildings, green-green lawns and the delightful smell of our farts.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fun fact: 70% of all Universities in the Netherlands are on that list.

I wonder how much of the Uni's in the UK is on there. But perhaps too large a country to check.

University of California, Riverside here. Same university system as UC San Diego, where NorChaGo (rhymes with Chicago) goes and 25 minutes from Shlup's CSUSB.

UCLA, Berkeley, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Davis, and Irvine are Times top 200. But, Riverside is sooo cool, we're #-1 with our buddies Santa Cruz and Merced!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiji
    USC doesn't make the list :funnyface:
    USC = University of Southern California! >:O See? usc dot edu

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Fun fact: 70% of all Universities in the Netherlands are on that list.

I wonder how much of the Uni's in the UK is on there. But perhaps too large a country to check.
    If most UK uni's are anything like University of Reading, which is supposed to be a good school, then it's little wonder why they're not really on the list. My average state school university I attended in first year blows this place out of the water. XD

I looked up a list of best US universities, and the university I'm applying to and waiting on is actually on the list. Word up to the SUNY schools?

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Xaven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiji
    USC doesn't make the list :funnyface:
    USC = University of Southern California! >:O See? usc dot edu
    I meant University of the [allegedly] Sunshine Coast! Should have realised the acronym would be a little less unique when taking the whole world into account xD

Also yes I am going to keep mentioning the rain in some context until it goes the smurf away. I wonder what will occur first; the rain stopping or me getting banned for mentioning the damn weather.

Class of 2005 at Ryerson University for Marketing&Management

Class of 2009 at Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture for Textile Design

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"