Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where did you go to University?

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    University of California, San Diego
    BS in General Biology.
    76 on the Times.
    I just want to point out that I am still in school, I wish I could get this part over with and just get to med school already.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

BS in General Biology.
    76 on the Times.
    I just want to point out that I am still in school, I wish I could get this part over with and just get to med school already.
    Med school in the states... Gutsy.

I don't think I could stand having a 200 grand debt in my name.

I'm studying English as my major at the University of Vaasa, and I'm currently working on my B.A. thesis. It's a nice university with quite many subjects to choose from. However, with recent events taking place in the Finnish educational field, I'm somewhat worried what the future of Finnish universities will end up being in the long run.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I currently go to Volunteer State Community College but I will be going to Austin Peay State University, which I did not find on the list ;~;

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    BS in General Biology.
    76 on the Times.

Yeah, but if everything goes well and I work hard I should be making at least that a year. In it for the long haul over here.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

BS in General Biology.
    76 on the Times.

Yeah, but if everything goes well and I work hard I should be making at least that a year. In it for the long haul over here.
    Maybe by the time you're 30, but I wouldn't count on it. You have to make it as a med student first, then there's the trainee years, and then you have to make sure you don't get sued either. Still, good luck to you.

Blog Entries

Maybe by the time you're 30, but I wouldn't count on it. You have to make it as a med student first, then there's the trainee years, and then you have to make sure you don't get sued either. Still, good luck to you.
    Lol, that's kind of what I mean by the long haul, med school, residency, then going even further into which branch I want. It's going to take forever. Thanks though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Wow, I guess I'm one of the extremely few here who didn't bother with University. Could've, but chose not to because I had lost enthusiasm for school-based education. Went full time, never looked back. Got a good reputation for myself in the workplace despite my lack of university education, too. One thing I have learned over the years is that all the things I wanted to do in high school I would no longer wish to do, so chances are if I went for a degree later on in life (and I might, if I have the time and money) I would be going for something much more practical than what I'd have originally gone for. I'd sooner go for a more specific course/certificate than a university degree, though - I would put down money that with my experience, a PRINCE2 course would get me more money than most degrees would, and if I'm right, it's far cheaper/faster/easier, too.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    University of Maryland, College Park.
    I lived about an hour from there a couple years ago. That doesn't matter now, though. I also know someone who went there or still goes there or something. A fat asian chick.

BS in General Biology.
    76 on the Times.
    I was near there at some point during the last week. Neat place, I enjoy La Jolla.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Which SUNY? =O I'm applying to Stony Brook.
    My girlfriend is probably going to apply there this summer for grad school. Not the only place, of course, but I'd rather she go there than Kansas.

Currently, I go to a local community college. It won't be on any list (except maybe the "places not to go for school" list). Right now I'm just working towards my AA degree before I can transfer to an actual school that probably matters (hopefully somewhere in California, Washington or New York).

I think I'm doing something relating to History and teaching.

Blog Entries

La Jolla is really nice, I like it a lot. Except none of the kids at UCSD really party, it's kind of boring.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Tonight my alma mater's women's basketball team will be playing for the NCAA Division II national championship: D-II Finals Preview: Two New Sensations - NCAA.com – The Official Website of NCAA Championships

I know a lot of people won't care but I'm excited.
    Figaro Castle

I went to the University of Wisconsin-Barron County (a small 2-year college in Rice Lake, WI, where I grew up) for my associates. Then I went to the University of Wisconsin-Superior, where I got a BA in English and a BS in journalism.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm going to Brown University in Providence, RI.

Went to Cardiff in the UK (it was rated 99th the year I went there, but dropped 34 places by the next year....when I dropped out.....coincidence??). I left because the course wasn't for me (geology) but I wish I hadn't because it is a lovely uni and I'd probably be in a better place now if I'd stayed.

(Rejected by all of my uni choices this year. GREAT )

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got a Bachelor of Music from the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music and Juris Doctor from the University of Washington School of Law. The University of Cincinnati is nothing special, but the music school is highly ranked. The University of Washington is a great university in general, and the law school is good but not super prestigious. Washington has a much nicer campus than Cincinnati.