Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 10 Years Already (HeartGold & SoulSilver Thread)

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonz(omb)ie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonz(omb)ie View Post
    Double post whatever!

Anyone want a shiny feebas? Just breed one and I don't want it!
    Tell me what you want. I have 487 pokémon. You can choose almost everything.
    Did you hack them? >:[
    Why should I hack pokémon when I am playing Pearl for 500 hours? And why should I want anything when I could hack everything?

I have lost the interest. Calling me a hacker...
    Ah, well put!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'll take the feebas then What do you want for it?

Gengar and Golem get tossed into the box as I have to pick up a Flying Pokemon. I hate HMs. I also pulled out Dratini and am starting to work on him. Clearing out the Team Rocket base. I could turn off the security system, but what about all that lovely Exp?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiesaur View Post
    I'll take the feebas then What do you want for it?
    House issues are troubling as of tomorrow, will probably not be here for a couples months after tomorrow.

I'll give you my shiny milotic if you want that though. Level 83 atm.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Just made it to Indigo Plateau. I need to do some serious grinding. I at least want my Dratini to be a more formidable Dragonair before I even try. Everyone else is around lv. 40-45, which is strong enough to succeed, but much too low for it not to be incredibly tough.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mo' Meninges View Post
    Just made it to Indigo Plateau. I need to do some serious grinding. I at least want my Dratini to be a more formidable Dragonair before I even try. Everyone else is around lv. 40-45, which is strong enough to succeed, but much too low for it not to be incredibly tough.
    Want an ice beam HM? It'll help with Lance.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

There's an Ice Beam HM?

And sure. I made sure my Extremespeed Dratini was Jolly instead of Adamant, so that balances Atk and Sp. Atk a bit, with a speed boost that Dragonite could really find useful in competitive play (although Thunder Wave works wonders for speed reduction as well).

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Alright, I'll get out pearl. /me sighs

Quote Originally Posted by Mo' Meninges View Post
    There's an Ice Beam HM?

And sure. I made sure my Extremespeed Dratini was Jolly instead of Adamant, so that balances Atk and Sp. Atk a bit, with a speed boost that Dragonite could really find useful in competitive play (although Thunder Wave works wonders for speed reduction as well).
    If you're using a Dragonite build centered around a priority move, why did you give it Jolly? Extremespeed will negate the speed boost by hitting first all the time. Adamant would have just given it extra power.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I thought about that for a long time. Then I realized: I have physical sweepers (Jirachi, Clefable, Breloom/Leafeon), and I have special sweepers (Togekiss, Azelf, Milotic, Gardevoir, Ninetales, etc). What if I set up a Dragonite to be more balanced? I don't even know if I'll stick with Extremespeed-- I doubt I will, but I still got it to make sure the option is open.

Dragonite has a fantastic movepool that makes it really versatile, but in the long run, its speed is kind of lacking. I could counter that easily with Thunder Wave, but I still want to get that in as soon as possible. From there, I can start smacking them around with Outrage or Earthquake or something, or possibly give it Dragon Dance and power up Outrage to be nightmarishly fast and strong. Dragonite can definitely take a hit, so maybe I could give it Roost as well, which will also eliminate its weakness to Rock and reduce its weakness to Ice to only x2 for a turn, it'll be great as an all-purpose shield, since a few of my other Pokémon are, let's face it, glass cannons.

So basically, make Dragonite Jolly, EV train it in Atk and Spd (though at this rate I may not be EV training it at all, since I'm using it to level it up right now, but that'll just keep it a bit more balanced, I guess), and watch it kill stuff while being able to heal and eliminate weaknesses for a turn if needed. Of course, Outrage won't let me do that, so I may have to reconsider. I don't really know. It's kind of an experiment, since Dragonite isn't really one I planned to have in my competitive party-- just a backup to spice things up when necessary.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

If you've got so many well trained Pokemon you will have no trouble with the E4, just run on through and kick their asses.

I am in Kanto now! My team is 51-53 and the Hitmontop training paid off when it actually learnt a decent attack. That was an ordeal. Two badges to go then off to pummel Red. I almost beat Dhalia in the Battle Frontier but her Dusknoir hacked and woke up from only one turn of sleep.
    Last edited by No.78; 04-09-2010 at 12:08 PM.
    jkhkjg