Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PS3 or X360?

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Default PS3 or X360?

So which should I get? I should point out that most of the platform exclusive titles aren't particularly interesting to me. I've been a faithful follower of the FF series since the SNES era and bought a PSX just to play FFVII. Similarly I caved in and bought a PS2 when FFX came out. My first inclination is to get a PS3, but since I've heard FFXIII is on both platforms I have a choice. Most of the other games I want to get are on both platforms as well.

I'm mostly into RPG, tactical RPGs and some action games. In addition to FF I've been following the Suikoden series, some of the Dragon Warrior games, and LoK.
    Last edited by BG-57; 03-30-2010 at 06:52 PM.

I think if you're mostly into tactical RPGs and RPGs, PS3 is probably your best bet. Stuff like Valkyria Chronicles, Cross Edge and White Knight Chronicles (to name a few) are PS3 exclusive. Also the range of RPGs on PSN is better than XBLA, with Vagrant Story just being made available and Square Enix looking like they'll release more of their back catalogue through PSN.

Like you say, the biggest titles tend to get a multi-platform release these days so you won't miss out on too much. While I prefer my Xbox 360 to the PS3, I think with the tastes you've described, PS3 is probably better for you.

I would like to point out that I am not a raving lunatic fanboy for either platform!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sark View Post
    I think if you're mostly into tactical RPGs and RPGs, PS3 is probably your best bet. Stuff like Valkyria Chronicles, Cross Edge and White Knight Chronicles (to name a few) are PS3 exclusive. Also the range of RPGs on PSN is better than XBLA, with Vagrant Story just being made available and Square Enix looking like they'll release more of their back catalogue through PSN.
    This pretty much. When you said you weren't interested in many of the platform exclusives for either I was prepared to say it didn't really matter, but if you're after RPG's and SRPG's largely then I have to say PS3 for Valkyria Chronicles alone. Try renting Demon's Souls as well. It's hard as hell and not for everyone, but it is an amazing action RPG for those who like its style. As a side benefit you'll also be able to buy the better looking version of FFXIII apparently (haven't played or seen either version yet personally).

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would also recommend a PS3 for your wishes, but I would thereby recommend only to get one if you have a full HD tv. Because if you get a ps3 without one, you're going to want one, and end up spending an extra 600 dollars you may not have wished to spend.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you don't have an HDTV you're not getting the most visually out of either system, so I don't think it matters that much. I got by just fine with my PS3 for a year without an HDTV. Not having one is no excuse for missing out on some great games.

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

PS3 is good if you want to save money in the long term if you want to play online with your mates. You don't have to play for online since it's free unlike the x box where you have to pay around £40 a year to get access online with your console. I have both consoles and I prefer the PS3. ^^

I say PS3!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Most X360 games seem to be available for PC as well (just got mass effect for computer). I'm biased, but I would say PS3, you can probably get some deal or another with a new slim and a game.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'd say the PS3 is a better investment because it seems to have fewer hardware issues than the 360. Of course I've owned neither and I've never even touched a PS3, so I'm not a reliable source of information xD

PS3. The 360 really isn't that exciting anymore.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I did buy an HDTV recently, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I was considering buying some of these titles for my PC, but FFXIII isn't available on PC.

Sounds like PS3 is winning. I'll check out the titles you all suggested as well.

PS3 is my reccomendation as well.
    -Very little technical issues unlike the 360
    -More vivid HD setting
    -Fits your taste in video games
    I also personally think that with Blu-Ray the PS3 will be around longer, unlike the 360 which still uses DVDs.
    Currently Playing:
    STARCRAFT II: WINGS OF LIBERTY for PC

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Wait, no don't buy a PS3! You'll just be one more person who can play Heavy Rain that isn't me

I'm going with the 360 because it's the first one I bought and I'm not wasting any more money on a second console.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    PS3. The 360 really isn't that exciting anymore.
    Yes. But really, imo the 360 has never been exciting.

PS3 is the way to go, yo!