Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome ~ General Game & Forum Rules

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

we should be picked based on our people skills, and leadership skills, and our ability to follow the rules.
    You know what else is important besides those traits? Someone who knows how to have fun.

NOW GO AND HAVE FUN OR ELSE

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    we should be picked based on our people skills, and leadership skills, and our ability to follow the rules.
    You know what else is important besides those traits? Someone who knows how to have fun.

Yes, but that's not what I'm talking about. You as the staff shouldn't be looking for people just because they are fun. You should look for people who others are comfortable with, who they can trust, and who they can love, but will still follow the rules. I don't know how this task will show any of that.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I dunno I wouldn't want to have to deal with an unfun CK. They'd be funsuckers. Suckers of the fun. They would make this place boring and... un fun.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Just hush and enjoy it. An all-serious contest would be pretty dull, y'know?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals View Post

Yes, but that's not what I'm talking about. You as the staff shouldn't be looking for people just because they are fun. You should look for people who others are comfortable with, who they can trust, and who they can love, but will still follow the rules. I don't know how this task will show any of that.
    Also, more ranting.

I don't like the look of this first task. We shouldn't be picked based on our creative skills, we should be picked based on our people skills, and leadership skills, and our ability to follow the rules. This first task doesn't seem to have anything like that, unless you are trying to see what the members look for in a Cid's Knight, but if that's the case it would have been much, much better to just ask that direct question.
    To be fair, they may say that the least best will be eliminated, but that can be complete BS to make us work hard. You missed the sign up, you're pissed, we understand, but Shlup is trying the her best and none of us (but one lucky one) will find out how the victor was really decided. If it makes you feel any better, I still love you.

Articles

You as the staff shouldn't be looking for people just because they are fun. You should look for people who others are comfortable with, who they can trust, and who they can love, but will still follow the rules.
    Those are some nice ideas, but nope, sorry, we only pick people based on how fun they are and nothing else. We have an index ranging from "NOT FUN" to "CID'S KNIGHT" that we use to grade all applicants. Trust? Love? Rules? What the hell is all this nonsense? You're crazy. Stop being crazy.

...although crazy can be fun, so maybe that's your angle. You're a sly one! Full marks!

Blog Entries

Actually, I'm not at all angry that I missed the sign-up. I just kind of said "Aww, oh well". And I'm not trying to be mean to Shlup, I am just posting what I am thinking. Isn't that what we should all do?

Articles

No. You may only think staff-sanctioned thoughts.

Blog Entries

You as the staff shouldn't be looking for people just because they are fun. You should look for people who others are comfortable with, who they can trust, and who they can love, but will still follow the rules.
    Those are some nice ideas, but nope, sorry, we only pick people based on how fun they are and nothing else. We have an index ranging from "NOT FUN" to "CID'S KNIGHT" that we use to grade all applicants. Trust? Love? Rules? What the hell is all this nonsense? You're crazy. Stop being crazy.

...although crazy can be fun, so maybe that's your angle. You're a sly one! Full marks!
    Above: People skills

People skills lead to trust...

Trust leads to respect...

Respect leads to love.

Articles

Now you're sounding like Yoda. He's a pretty fun dude. I'm putting you through to Round 2! 'grats!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I certainly don't know what they talk about in the Site Staff forum, but I'm looking at it as a test of effort. It's easy to just make stick figures in MS Paint or slap together what's technically a haiku. Maybe they want to see who actually tried.

Or maybe it's just for fun.

Blog Entries

Psy also follows the rules(Most of the time). So Psy Follows the rules, people are comfortable with him, he is trustworthy, respectable, and I love him. Sounds like a perfect mod to me.

But then there is Del, a much more serious person(but still with a sense of humor). He also follows the rules, and he is also trusworthy, comforting, respectable, and lovable.

Being constantly funny and jokey are fun, but thats not all people skills are. People need to be helpful, and strong, and nice as well.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Secondly, there are no confessionals.
    The one thing that I was looking forward to the most.

Fourthly, this competition has one rule that applies through the duration of the competition and can get you eliminated at any time: Once a newbie thread has been posted, each contestant has 36 hours to welcome that newbie. Any competitor caught not welcoming a newbie within 36 hours will be immediately eliminated. This applies to any newbie thread posted after this thread is submitted.
    Mother of Goooood.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I certainly don't know what they talk about in the Site Staff forum.
    Like we let those orange titled squares anywhere near our secret treehouse. All they talk about is Baloki. Seriously, I've seen their forum. It's wall-to-wall threads about Baloki. Not even joking now!

Anyway, if anyone is really genuinely worried that we are going to pick a CK based on their poetry skills, fret not. We all have many values in mind about what would make a good addition to staff. We're not entirely basing it off this task, so relax and have fun!

Blog Entries

I know that Psy, but to have task 1, and the original elimination to be based off that just seems a little odd to me.