Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Task 1 ~ In doing what we ought we deserve no praise - ENDED!

How many warnings have I had? I want to say two but I usually ignore private messages and whatnot.

This gives me an idea for a thread though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is not the place for this discussion! Maybe you need a fresh warning for your thread. Heh

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Heh. /smug
    Fixeddd.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

You started it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Oops, I missed this earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup
    I don't think that's accurate.
    Really? From what I heard, there wasn't even a real discussion.

The more I think about this, the more it boggles my mind. I originally chalked the completely random eliminations up to Shlup not having any idea what she was doing, which just made me wish Del was doing it again. But Del's posts are worst of all, where he states the staff summarily dismissed viable candidates beforehand, and can tell them to not even bother (and publicly admitting it!)... well, unless that person is someone the staff might actually like to string along. It's like you guys aren't even bothering to look like you give a damn anymore.
    You're focusing too much on one minor thing and missing the point of this competition. It's about having fun and finding the next CK. Sure, some people are only there for the former, and some only for the latter, but does it really matter who's who? In the end we get what we wanted: amusement and a qualified new member.

Let's stop derailing this competition to nit pick trivialities. That's the last thing this year's event needs.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Says the person who has nitpicked this year's entire competition on a daily basis.

I don't consider completely dismissing a viable candidate beforehand to be a "triviality," which is a point neither of you actually bothered to address. Not only was I surprised the staff did that, but publicly admitting it shows a level of dismissal or cognitive dissonance that is... well, shocking.

If the whole contest is a waste and you've already chosen your favorite(s) (which is a conclusion I would have dismissed before your statement on Breine), then at least have the integrity to admit it rather than wasting a lot of people's time "jumping through hoops" and "stringing them along," which is something you said the staff should avoid.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you find someone being eliminated from an internet game "shocking," Raist, you just plain need to go out and get laid. Maybe smoke a bowl. Anything.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good advice for anyone.

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Good advice for anyone.

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

That is the second time today I've "heard" someone say "smoke a bowl"... What's with that?

Blog Entries

A bucket would be overdoing things.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Says the person who has nitpicked this year's entire competition on a daily basis.

I don't consider completely dismissing a viable candidate beforehand to be a "triviality," which is a point neither of you actually bothered to address. Not only was I surprised the staff did that, but publicly admitting it shows a level of dismissal or cognitive dissonance that is... well, shocking.

If the whole contest is a waste and you've already chosen your favorite(s) (which is a conclusion I would have dismissed before your statement on Breine), then at least have the integrity to admit it rather than wasting a lot of people's time "jumping through hoops" and "stringing them along," which is something you said the staff should avoid.
    Yeah you're reading way too much into this. So what if we chose the winner or the finalists beforehand? I'm not admitting that we did, but what difference overall would it make?

Let's just let this go and enjoy the rest of what Amanda has in store. Learn to pick your battles, man.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

This entire thread is webcomic gold.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    If you find someone being eliminated from an internet game "shocking,"
    I agree that would be weird; your imaginary friend who you heard say that is very wrong. Maybe you should have a word with him since you certainly don't seem to be paying attention to my actual statements. I've been referring to Del's own words which clearly state that Breine was eliminated due to a previously-reached conclusion by the staff and unwillingness to force certain (apparently staff-liked) members to "jump through hoops," whereas everyone else who the staff may have already reached a consensus on is still allowed, even encouraged, to do so. It's also curious why Breine this year is so much different from me last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Del
    So what if we chose the winner or the finalists beforehand? I'm not admitting that we did, but what difference overall would it make?
    None. Misrepresenting otherwise to encourage a pointless competition does, though.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I cba to read any of what Raistlin has written but I would like it to be known that I am in complete agreement with whatever he says and if he would like to use my name in his promotional material, he should feel free to do so.