Thread: Command and Conquer, not using this, I am!

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Command and Conquer, not using this, I am!

So I've been playing the new Command and Conquer for the past few days and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed. I'm sure they thought it was cool to have a walking base and such, but it makes it impossible to win anything within 2 hours. In the end, it's just who can produce units faster than the other. Not to mention all the airplanes are a waste of time until you are like level 20.

Who else was disappointed by this latest move on a great series?

(Because you can't tell how much I enjoyed C&C Generals, but that was one of my favorite games)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well I'm in the dilemma of my lap top being just below the cut-off line for the new C&C games starting after 3 and I am absolutely disappointed in EA not utilizing the little overhead it would take to implement Keyboard & Mouse on the PS3 version (Why is Epic games the only company to do this!?!?!)

It's not just the controller that's kept me from buying them. I just really don't like how EA's taken the series. Especially with RA3, which I got a little psyched for. The original RA was a B movie that wasn't aware of it, RA2 crept a little closer to being aware of it, but some characters were deadly serious like Yuri. RA3 is like "HEY WE'RE VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS COME BLOW US UP!!!"

I'm really sorry to hear they destroyed C&C4, especially since it got the prestigous subtitle that the die hard fanbase was hoping for.

BUT DAMN THEY SHOULD'VE STUCK TO GENERALS!!! When EALA took over the helm of the franchise with almost none of the original team, they actually pulled a miracle and made one of the best games in the series, and one of my favorite RTS games of all time. They took strategy to a new level by capping off the economy aspect and making it all about unit diversification, real estate dominance, and overall... STRATEGY!!!

That's the game they should be making the sequels to, not destroying something people already know and love.

C&C Foreva!!! just not this crap...

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exactly! Two huge machines standing 3 feet from each other while they keep producing the same units that kill each other in the exactly same way and same time is just.. long and boring. The only way I won anything was by having high ranked units. I've never had a C&C where I actually payed attention to that.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't liked a C&C game since Red Alert. Tesla rush, woo!

I have Red Alert 1 for the PS1, it's an awsome game, I still play it to this day. I enjoyed Red Alert 2, but kinda lost interest in the whole series after that.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I liked Red Alert for PC and PSX. Totally played both all the time. Heh

Articles
    Blog Entries

Hmmm maybe we should get some Red Alert 2 going up in here.