Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Valentine you lucky duck

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

:monster: Vincent Valentine you lucky duck

Got his own spin-off game. I figured this thread belonged in this forum because I want to know what provoked Dirge of Cerberus in FFVII. His lines were funny at times and he was a kick ass support character to have.
    So what do you think/know it was?
    Was it:
    A. His Coud-dwarfing emo-ness?
    B. Funny lines and hinting of a backstory?
    C. Huge Vincent fan base?
    D. Mr.Dolphins plan all along?

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He was one of the only ones where you don't really know much of the backstory. Makes sense, no?

Blog Entries

True, but I still wasn't expecting a game based off of him, but then again with all the VII propaganda why should I expect any less? Still a good game imo.

I was never interested in Vincents chatacter, I didn't know anyone really was, I was shocked when they made a spin off game starring him.

I'd like to see a spin off game about President Shinra, and the Shin-Ra company in their early days. How they came to power and all that.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

My longish answer: To be fair I think VII is quite a layered story, since every character has their own which - in themselves - could make for gaming.

But, admittedly they might be pretty bland since we've already got most of the characters (e.g. Nanaki's story. Dunno about anyone else but Cosmo Canyon bored me to tears. And Cid's story is also another I wouldn't want to come back to) but what happens to them in the future and blahblah, guess that interests some people?

Vincent's character just so happened to be one of the most mysterious ones, and I guess Hojo and his whacko-acts needed adding to. So, why not unveil a little of that mystery-man and crack-pot scientist with spin-offs? thus DoC was born.

My short answer: part of B; his wit didn't deserve a game

I am not a man

Next we'll have a spin-off in the style of Fighting Force or Mortal Kombat: Special Forces and it will star... duh duh-duh DUH! None other than Mr. T, er Barrett Wall-ace.
    The system will involve no Materia. It will allow the use of special abilities like his limits and some new ones and will involve being able to use the environment like being able to pick up and swing trash cans and throw stuff. He'll be working with AVALANCHE, the ragtag force he's put together to topple the darker regimes. I don't know if it'll be a prequel featuring Biggs, Jessie, and Wedge or a follow-up featuring an all new cast, but... who cares anyway?

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Next we'll have a spin-off in the style of Fighting Force or Mortal Kombat: Special Forces and it will star... duh duh-duh DUH! None other than Mr. T, er Barrett Wall-ace.
    The system will involve no Materia. It will allow the use of special abilities like his limits and some new ones and will involve being able to use the environment like being able to pick up and swing trash cans and throw stuff. He'll be working with AVALANCHE, the ragtag force he's put together to topple the darker regimes. I don't know if it'll be a prequel featuring Biggs, Jessie, and Wedge or a follow-up featuring an all new cast, but... who cares anyway?

UGH I hated the AVALANCHE thing. I like how they're more freedom-fighty, but the older meaner ones were better

I think that'd FINALLY kill FFVII for me. Barret was just one of those characters who'd need something BOOM-ish in order to get me interested in the SLIGHTEST.

I like this thread just saying.

I am not a man

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Vincent is a good character because of the slow-motion backflips he does when you first discover him.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Vincent is a good character because of the slow-motion backflips he does when you first discover him.
    Omfg, I seriously thought I was the only one on the site who noticed that and laughed for 2 hours about it. Well I guess that still may be true...

Tifa also does a slow motion back flip in the same scene where she's wearing the cow girl hat and gets messed up by Sephy.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

That was more like sliding backwards down a flight of stairs and hitting a bump than a real backflip, but I'll give her points for sympathy.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

hahaha

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I would guess because he's the most popular character besides Cloud.

I have no statistics to back me up, but it's probably true. :P
    jkhkjg

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Ask the fangirls

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Could you imagine DoC set up with Yuffie throwing shurikens instead? That's why Vincent

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiesaur View Post
    Ask the fangirls
    I've been called a Vincent Valentine Fangirl before... its both demeaning and true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro the Hutt View Post
    Could you imagine DoC set up with Yuffie throwing shurikens instead? That's why Vincent
    Bwahaha