Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magic's got nothing on me!

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

In KHI, yes. Aero and Thunder were the staples of my Heartless diet.

In KHII, not so much. I think I used Fire once while running through the game the first two times. Once I got into the post-game portion of power-leveling, AoE attacks helped, only because my Magic was high enough, and I had the third tier versions of each Magic.

Now, CoM on the other hand...

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I used reflect every now and then. Other than that and Cure, the only time I regularly used it was when leveling up my forms!

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I like to go into.... I think it's Final or Master form, and spam Thundaga. It's like I'm weaving through the bolts of lightning, and it looks really neat.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    I like to go into.... I think it's Final or Master form, and spam Thundaga. It's like I'm weaving through the bolts of lightning, and it looks really neat.
    I've never tried this. Does it deal a lot of damage or is it just cool to watch?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Ugh I wish I could play the games again but my ps2 broke. Else i'd try the thundaga thing to see how it looks. :/

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    I've never tried this. Does it deal a lot of damage or is it just cool to watch?
    Well, it kills stuff.

I think I remember how it works now. Final Form lets you move while taking action, and this includes magic.

It could be the Master form too, though, with the 'Endless Magic' ability. I'm not positive, but it's one of the two. I might check tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Both I guess. It's the most powerful action you can perform with Final Form, that Thundaga-combo.

I hate that American Square games call Heal "Cure" etc.

I would use the healing spell and the homing fire spell mostly. I pretty much just relied on Sora's forms except in Hard Mode where I couldn't get Sora to stop frakking changing into a damned useless Shadow. Sora be a dumb itch.

In KH, I think I did more spells.

By the way, despite liking the story, I don't really approve of 358 being on DS. It really annoys me. There's no point to it being on that thing. It needs its own remake like CoM so we can hear the damn voice-acting (not to mention fixing the other crap).

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah well Birth by Sleep shouldn't be on PSP because I don't want to have to buy a PSP just to play the damn game.

Me either, since my PSP now has a fractured screen that's hard to play on and I need to now by a new one now. Waaa.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I like to play Zexion in 358/2 days mission mode. He is a magic focused character.

In kindom hearts one i probably never used them but two i used magnega protectga combo plus thundaga at the end of each combination so i used magic a lot

Blog Entries

For me it was also just mashing X until i was short on health, where I would Hold R1 for a short amount of time while still mashing X since i set shortcut X as cure
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

in Kh1 the only magic attacks i thought were useful and i used were Cure, Gravity and Aero! When you get aeroga your nearly invicible for the alloted time. it also stops ansem in part of the final fight with just sora.(when he does his dark aura type attack) ( if any one knows what im talking about please tell me) Gravity seem to be the most effective on the big bodies and other large enemies...just not bosses. Now in KH2 the only good magics were cure outside of drive form. when in final, master , and wisdom form magics that were useful were just cure and thunder. so to answer your question( sorry for the mini novel) i kinda like magic but always found myself attacking!
    Welcome to my fortress of solitude!!!!

You only have a few to choose from in BbS and so you use them pretty regularly and still melee at the same time.