Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I do not like Yuna

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Her personality always annoyed me. Like she was a good character to use but I just couldn't stand her as a character!

My problem with Yuna was that she seemed to be like the quiet 4.0 student/nerd who unbelievably falls for the 0.5 GPA idiot jock. It's like a bad teen flick. At least in those the jock is secretly a really good student also.

She had a good deal of inner strength in terms of accepting and facing her fate, but she also displays a decided lack of genuine concern for her comrades IMO (as in, her interaction with the party were generally poorly written), and too often failed to carry herself with any sort of dignity or self respect as a means to avoid confrontation.

She is my least favourite female protagonist.. Too wishy washy and naive in the first and all of sudden she a pop sensation. Did she even know how to sing in the first place?!

One thing I didn't like Yuna is her hidden excuser to be a Sphere Hunter was to find Tidus . Rikku and Paine were being used by her!

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

I liked her character. What I didn't like was some of her lines, so that goes back to voice acting.

For instance, the scene where she stands trial in Bevelle and gets upset with Maester Mika, and the "I'll fight you too!" scene were severe face-palms.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodarian View Post
    She is my least favourite female protagonist.. Too wishy washy and naive in the first and all of sudden she a pop sensation. Did she even know how to sing in the first place?!

One thing I didn't like Yuna is her hidden excuser to be a Sphere Hunter was to find Tidus . Rikku and Paine were being used by her!
    just how could she do this to me

Default Not exactly true..about Paine and Rikku...

being used.

I don't recall where this is, but there's a video on line somewhere that's a prequel to X-2.
    I think Square made it as a promotional video.

In it Yuna is living on Besaid after the events of FFX.
    It's called Eternal Calm.

I found a wiki about it.Not sure where you can see it if you haven't already:

Eternal Calm - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research
    So Rikku knew the truth apparently before the events in FFX-2.

Her new outfit is gropeworthy. Her Warrior gear isn't great despite having the Brotherhood. I also like her songing. Anyone have a picture of the full deck? YRP in Lady Luck with Leblanc in tow.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Her pubic hair is deemed unacceptable for today standards. We need to do something about it. She cannot have those pubic hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Her new outfit is gropeworthy.
    HARD and total agree!! love groping. i think we need a top ten gropeworthy FF character list, that would be fcken sick

Yuna actually gives a very different impression in the Japanese version of FF10;
    her voice is more high-pitched in that version, she has a very girly giggle, she sounds a lot younger, and she speaks with a bit more power.

For example, her line "I've done it - I have become a summoner" sounds rather worn out in the American version, but in the Japanese version she states this with a kind of confident and energetic "yes! I've done it!" ring to it.
    She doesn't actually say it in that way - her Japanese line in that scene is identical to her American line - but it feels a lot more like that.