Thread: Falcon Punch!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Default Falcon Punch!

So there's a license that let's them deal damage unarmed, but it's kind of out of the way and unless you cut straight to it, it'll be near endgame before you get it and with endgame weapons being what they are...did anyone do it barehanded? Is there really a point to it?

Default I feel like it's weak compared to the monk class in

the earlier games so I never bothered with it.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

It's fun to strip a character of their weapon and watch them kick enemies in the face sometimes. I did this occasionally when i was treasure or Rare game hunting just for amusement.

But almost every attack becomes redundent when you pick up Zodiac spear or Tournesol. You'll never need to summon or switch weapons or use magic again (well, bar some circumstances of course)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I didn't even know this existed. I might have let Basch beat down on enemies every once in a while if I did. Looks like it's time for a new playthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I didn't even know this existed. I might have let Basch beat down on enemies every once in a while if I did. Looks like it's time for a new playthrough.
    Same as Señor Jiro ('hero', haha). Each character has several thousand LP each, but I just didn't want to spend any more than I have until I can master the board in one fell swoop. So, I suppose the barehanded License has eluded me.

I think I'll give it to Basch, but not so I can see him pummel anyone. I just like to see him feeble, permanently level 13, and now weaponless. :D

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

You are a cruel, cruel master, Xaven

I let Fran go unarmed because she does those awesome flips
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

I see it more as preference than anything else if you don't want to use weapons. I personally never bothered with it as I was content with the certain weapons I gave to my characters.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html