Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFX walkthrough - details you notice on the way...

Default FFX walkthrough - details you notice on the way...

Final Fantasy X - playthrough with focus on details and new things

I am currently playing through the whole game again, and I'm gonna update this post with things I haven't noticed before. It's pretty exctiting 'cause it's a big world and a game with a lot of details, I have never really looked after the details. This is what I got so far...

1. Submerged Ruins

I reloaded the Al Bhed alphabet from an earlier game here, and read the "sign" on the wall in the east of the water. It says something like this: When in the land of roaring lightnings, heading towards Macalania, with the pillar in sight, look not to the right, but to the left..." (?) - what's this? Something about the cactuar statues in the Thunder Plains? Anyway, I'm going to do a search when I come to it.

2. Besaid Temple

I actually noticed something about the sounds in this place, and I've never noticed it before: When you pick up a glyph, besaid or destruction sphere, a mighty vibrating bass-effect comes, and it remains as you carry the sphere. When you place it back somewhere, the bassy noise stops - cool!

Edit: This also happens i Kilika Temple, and most likely the other temples as well..

3. Besaid Island

This one is not very "ooooh, wowie...", just something I didn't know: It's possible to go back to the cliff Wakka pushes Tidus into the lake from. No treasure chest or anything to get there, just flowers... lol

4. On the boat to Luca

a) There are actually 4 different scenes with Wakka and Lulu on the top floor. I thought it was only two, and when jo go up there afterwards, talk to them, and go back down; Wakka stops Tidus on the way down the stairs and says something about him being recognised in Luca.

b) In the blitzball-scene with Tidus and Jecht; when Jecht comes to Tidus as a child, bowing his head just like him, it looks like anothet Jecht is watching it all in the background: Nice detail that kinda reminds us that Jecht is Sin, and he's watching Tidus on the way.

That's all for now. I'll let you guys know when I update it later.
    Feel free to post details you've noticed after the first times.

(And oh, sorry if my english isn't 100% correct here, I'm from Norway)

-Simen
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Simen; 02-23-2012 at 01:10 AM.
    Peace and grace,
    Simen Sebastian.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Good to have you back Simen!

Yeah, feel free to update us with your playthrough. I only managed to get about halfway through FFX before losing myself to Blitzball. I plan to attack it again when it comes out in HD.

I'm currently on a FFVI playthrough which I'm updating (not too often, it has to be said!) on this forum. Be interesting to hear how yours goes.

Thanks BF!

Yup, I'll update when I see/hear something new.
    Peace and grace,
    Simen Sebastian.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Yeah I'm really looking forward to seeing what else you note about your playthrough. Especially the al bhed signs you find, I never quite got 100% so I didn't get to see all the hidden things like that!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Alright. I've read one other in Besaid too, but it was nothing "special" like the one in the ruins. I'll let you know the other's though, if you want? I have my iPad with noteblock open beside me when I play. Doing notes. Can't wait to continue!
    Peace and grace,
    Simen Sebastian.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

That's a very clever way to do it, nice idea! I am looking forward to hearing every little detail because I won't be able to play for another few months when I get back home to Australia!

Thank you!

I just played another hour or so, have come to Kilika. Did you guys know that almost every man who's saying goodbye to Yuna when she leaves Besaid, gives you items or gill? But most of them you have to speak to twice, not just once. This is though nothing "new" for me, so I won't note it down in my first post.
    Peace and grace,
    Simen Sebastian.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I remember when I figured that out too, I started talking to people everywhere and would keep talking to them continuously until they gave me stuff. Freebies!

Yes. Is nice!
    Peace and grace,
    Simen Sebastian.

Nice find about the bassy sound! I think the Al Bhed sign in the Sunken Ruins is either referring to a normal treasure chest or Kimahri's ultimate. Not sure though, let me know what you find when you get there : )

Edited the post a little. Nothing new though. Played through Kilika today, but can't say I noticed any new details. Exciting to play this game again, anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Nice find about the bassy sound! I think the Al Bhed sign in the Sunken Ruins is either referring to a normal treasure chest or Kimahri's ultimate. Not sure though, let me know what you find when you get there : )
    Thanks! I noticed it was the same thing in the temple of Kilika, a mighty bassy noise when holding sphere's. It's a cool effect. Very easy to notice for me now too, beacause I play on a good sound system this time. Much better than before, therefore it's easier to hear new things in the game. Many details in sound too, you know..

Thanks for thoughts about the sign, I find it interesting too. But I think I need to load one of the old games with control of the airship, so I can go back there again and note down excactly what it says. I'll add it to pt. 1 here when I do.
    Peace and grace,
    Simen Sebastian.

Articles

When I replayed the game I noticed that most NPC's tell you different things after each storyline event. That is what they say changes after advancing the story a few steps.

One question I have always wanted answered- (spoiler), (SPOILER)how did Jecht get pulled out of dream world into Spira? It is explained that Jecht pulled out Tidus.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

I'm playing through the game for the first time in like 7 years and it's making a good argument for why I shouldn't read the internet's opinion on games anymore. I still don't think the game is particularly great, but it generally has solid dialogue and good story pacing (minus the Blitzball tournament, my goodness). The scene direction is still kind of awkward in the way some cutscenes are a lot of disjointed cuts and badly-framed angles. But playing the game after playing PS3 titles almost exclusively for the last two years has given me a new appreciation for how Squaresoft used to do things. Awkward and problematic, yeah, but refreshing because it's still leagues above what normally passes for "story" in console games today.

I also just want to say also that I am (used to be?) one of the biggest X detractors around. I know there are some parts coming up that I may not like, but for now I'm really enjoying myself.

Flying Arrow: Good to hear you're enjoying this game now. You know, people's opinions are different, and eventhough some people won't like FFX, it doesn't change the fact that I've always loved it. Some scenes may seem "awkward", but I think it's charming. It can't be perfect either.

1st post updated.
    Peace and grace,
    Simen Sebastian.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Arrow View Post
    I'm playing through the game for the first time in like 7 years and it's making a good argument for why I shouldn't read the internet's opinion on games anymore. I still don't think the game is particularly great, but it generally has solid dialogue and good story pacing (minus the Blitzball tournament, my goodness). The scene direction is still kind of awkward in the way some cutscenes are a lot of disjointed cuts and badly-framed angles. But playing the game after playing PS3 titles almost exclusively for the last two years has given me a new appreciation for how Squaresoft used to do things. Awkward and problematic, yeah, but refreshing because it's still leagues above what normally passes for "story" in console games today.

I also just want to say also that I am (used to be?) one of the biggest X detractors around. I know there are some parts coming up that I may not like, but for now I'm really enjoying myself.
    That is probably the low poly in-game event, they usually feel stiff or limited compared to prerecorded in any 3D FF game.