Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So how many of you DON'T mash attack?

Banned

Tav's strategy was pretty good, now I'm going to tell you specifically how to dodge Demyx's attacks.

There are two water clone forms. One looks like Demyx holding his sitar, and the other just looks like his sitar. The second one is the one that lets you do the Wild Dance RC. You can also easily trigger the RC by attacking the Demyx clone ONCE, which will cause it to turn into the sitar clone.

There are very few opportunities to attack him without getting yourself hurt. When he's flying in the air on his water pillars and ending his flights saying "Like it?!" don't bother attacking him, you'll just get hurt.

One of these opportunities to hit him is when Demyx shoots a straight line of bubbles at you. Run to the left to dodge them (you can run to the right, though I find that it has a much higher chance of getting you hit by the bubbles) and then combo him. Don't hit him too much, or he'll counter attack and you'll get hurt.

When you hear him say "Ain't it a blast?" get ready to use the Show Stealer RC, then combo him. You want him to do this, as much as possible.

There is one instance in which he will summon two sitar clones and then temporarily stop attacking. There is a large chance that he will shoot you with a line of bubbles, so run to the left again and then combo him, like before. If you are lucky enough to get close enough to the sitar clones to use Wild Dance RC, then use it. But don't run after the sitar clones unless you know you are safe, otherwise you'll get pelted with bubbles.

Speaking of bubbles, there is also one attack in which you'll hear him say "Water!" and bubbles will drop from above. It is possible to run in a certain pattern to avoid them all, but this requires lots of luck. Since I'm assuming you probably don't have Quick Run, use Reflect.

His most dangerous attack is "Come on, kick to the beat!" When you hear him say this, run to the left or right to avoid the water walls that are behind you. This takes some practice, but once you know when he will use his final attack, you will know how to handle this attack. His final attack will have him say "Gotcha now!" Right before he uses it, jump and use Aerial Spiral toward him. His last attack will miss, plus you get yourself a free air combo.

He has one attack in which he sends a pillar of water which seeks you like a homing missile, then surrounds you with water pillars. Unless you have Quick Run, use Reflect on this.

He has one attack in which he approaches you slowly while a wall of water erupts continuously in front of him. Interrupt this attack by hitting him with Thunder, then combo him.

He has one attack where he will summon some bubbles around him, then fling them at the ground near his feet in front of him saying "Like it?!" Just avoid him during this attack.

I hate button bashing and I revel in KH's realtime combat system... so I like to use a little strategy as I would in a real life fight. (I'm quite the scrapper) Reaction commands are all gravy but life is boring if you just mash triangle willy-nilly. I try not to use magic and never use drives or summons. It makes you have to think more. So much more fun. I like having to use attacks in a specific sequence for the desired effect, like the utilisation if all the gadgets and stuff in Ratchet and Clank for example...

Damn Demyx. I got so riled up about that boss battle I started ranting at one of his cosplayers XD

i never actually button mashed in either of them i learned the combos

oh and i beat demix and got the special lil vid to in hard

Please don't double post! Use the edit/delete button if you want to amend something to a post and it's the last one in the thread. Thank you! -Rantzien