Thread: Final Fantasy III REmake

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Final Fantasy III REmake

With Zombies! Kidding. :P

But did anyone feel at times that the remake was substantially harder then the first edition?

I mean, sometimes it felt like the game was just determined to kick my pseudo-gaming ass back and forth unforgivingly!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I have only played the DS version, but the whole time I was thinking 'man this is easy for a NES title'. After my experience with FFI I was expecting this game to be kicking my ass back and forth.

I think that was one of their goals. The DS version of FF IV is insanely hard compared to the original as well.

Contributions

The DS version was significantly harder than the SNES version, but the DS FFIII was also significantly easier than FFIV DS. If the original was easier by the same amount it would have been a joke. And as I said, I always assume NES titles were hardcore

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While it was actually possible in the SNES version to defeat the final boss, I've never been able to do so in the DS version. Now, I do admit I'm not that great with classes, but I should've at least been able to finish it, in the end, after much grinding.

I thought the DS version was allot easier.. then again I was playing the original in Japaneese with a guide next to me trying to understand what the *beep* was going on
    "Everything is simpler than you think and at the same time more complex than you imagine."

Contributions

That is hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    That is hardcore.
    Or just plain crazy, but hey! ^^

And to try and explain why I though the DS version was quite easy. My party lineup had the defenition of speed. I tried to get the most speed out of it has as I could =

Ninja
    Bard
    Ranger
    White Wizard (yes I know they are called something else)

Which meant I always had first strike and could do x4 9999 dmg with
    Ranger and then have both Bard and Ninja do dmg aswell. The result was that no enemy in the final dungeon could even get a turn in before I had killed them... And seeing as I used Bard and Ranger throughout the game their joblevels where excellent when I reached endgame. But anyways, I tried a second times around with other job classes, and it worked fine up til the last boss fight where the speed loss proved to be to much of a challenge. (I think I played with very slow job classes that time around)
    "Everything is simpler than you think and at the same time more complex than you imagine."

Contributions

You are probably the first person I have heard give the ranger a positive review.

I've only played through once on the DS version, so I hardly qualify as expert opinion. Though I usually find speed less useful in turn based games.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I felt the game wasn't too bad in terms of difficulty until I got to the last dungeon... CoD is an evil bitch and Particle Beam was definetly overpowered. So I had to grind and really change my party set-up but I finally took her down. It just got frustrating having to redo the last two dungeons every time she killed me.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    You are probably the first person I have heard give the ranger a positive review.

I've only played through once on the DS version, so I hardly qualify as expert opinion. Though I usually find speed less useful in turn based games.
    The Ranger in the DS version is hands down the best class imo. Doing almost 40 000 dmg per turn is just unmatched. And speed in FF3 means in which order you act. So in a fast speed party you set the rules as you always act first, second and probably third aswell.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I never played the original so I can't compare, but I didn't find the game that hard. That being said, I didn't like the two hour trek through the final dungeons with Cloud of Darkness waiting for me at the end. Kept me on my toes.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

it's not harder. It's true to the original intended difficulty level.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    it's not harder. It's true to the original intended difficulty level.
    Well.. in the original the whole screen can get covered with enemies. In the DS version it's never more then three. Making it easier to play with numbers and speed to your advantage. Which in turn make it easier. imo.