Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who had the best "death?"

Blog Entries

If it wouldn't be for the fact that every death, 'cept Tellah's, is a lie, I have to go with Tellah's.

Quote Originally Posted by Brennan View Post
    If it wouldn't be for the fact that every death, 'cept Tellah's, is a lie, I have to go with Tellah's.
    We all know that, but we're just talking about which is coolest. But I suppose it should have been called "Who had the best sacrifice" instead.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot View Post
    We all know that, but we're just talking about which is coolest. But I suppose it should have been called "Who had the best sacrifice" instead.
    Yeah you guys bring up good points and I see where you're going with this.
    Maybe if the thread starter had put the word death in quotation marks like Sagensyg did in another thread.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post
    Maybe if the thread starter had put the word death in quotation marks like Sagensyg did in another thread.
    Yeah, I knew what was meant by 'death'. I was just saying that the thread starter could have named it something else so as to avoid confusion and (fingers crossed that we don't get any) annoying posts like, "Hey, you do know only Tellah died, right?"
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post
    Yeah, I knew what was meant by 'death'. I was just saying that the thread starter could have named it something else so as to avoid confusion and (fingers crossed that we don't get any) annoying posts like, "Hey, you do know only Tellah died, right?"
    Using it terms of sacrifice, then, I go with the twins, because they're KIDS of all people.
    Cid comes in second, jumping off of an airship

It would have to be Tellah's for me. Throughout most of the game, he's so adamant on getting revenge on Golbez for Anna's death. He also learns about all the other people that were harmed through Golbez's actions (like Rosa and the twins), and sets his mind on avenging them as well. The really sad thing is, his sacrifice barely does anything, and he's the only one who truly dies. The only noteworthy thing his sacrifice did was free Kain's mind of Golbez's control. Also, his sacrifice was the only one that wasn't completely noble, since he did it mostly out of revenge, and he only realizes his mistake during his last moments. I found Tellah's death to be the most touching, so I guess that's also the one I find the best.

On a side note, I'll always find everyone fighting the Giant of Babil to be one of the most epic moments in FFIV (tied with everyone praying for and reviving Cecil's team). I don't care if people think it was silly that everyone came back from the dead to help Cecil and friends (technically only the twins and maybe Yang did). The fact that Cecil had touched and helped every one of them, and they all joined forces to help him out at the most hopeless of moments, made that part of the story extremely memorable to me.

Tellah. Using a spell to get revenge knowing that it will kill you is pretty epic.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I was totally expecting Tellah to have a an epiphany and decide to not sacrifice his life for revenge. It is a credit to the story that he actually carried through with it, showing not all character sub-stories have happy endings.

I loved Palom and Porom's Death... in a good sense of the word... It's not that I am happy about their death xd... I mean, the moment was beautiful... they were children and had a whole great future waiting for them, but they decided to give their lives for the lives of their friends and the future of other people... It's not a thing that kids are typically deciding, you know, they are more likely to be defended by others and to be hiding or crying in a situation like this... Anyways, the moment can still be cliché, but it was beautiful... and very touching...

Tellah's death was epic too...
    Kuja, Please, Rest In Peace...
    Dissidia Killed You
    Yeah... the whole game...

Anna, because no one else actually died.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin IV View Post
    Anna, because no one else actually died.
    Well... If I'm remembering correctly, Tellah did, and Edge fathers too.
    Kuja, Please, Rest In Peace...
    Dissidia Killed You
    Yeah... the whole game...

In terms of the coolest way to go, I would have to say Tellah, purely because sacrificing your life to cast the ultimate spell is (as many have said before me) quite epic.
    In terms of which "death" was the most touching, I would have to say Palom and Porom because it was a very sad moment. I was thinking "NO, DON'T DO IT", then they did it and I cried on the inside.

if only Tellah could've cast meteo on Edward instead of Golbez.....

I think their death scenes lost all the emotion when you find out that almost all of them never really died at all. The ruining of their epic death scenes is actually more tragic than Tellah's sacrifice. If not for that then probably the twins for the win. Hard to beat what would appear to be two children dying in a game made for younger audiences.

What about Rydia and Edward! Theirs kinda sucked, though.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The graphical limitations of the game prevent me from understanding what, exactly, happened to Edward that rendered him so helpless.

Edward seemed to have been shivering before the attack and collapsed before the boat was destroyed. He washed ashore near the coast of Troia, yet he is in much worse shape than Cecil who washed ashore in heavy armor.
    I believe in the power of humanity.