Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who had the best "death?"

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Question Who had the best "death?"

These are in no particular order!

Tellah
    The one and only actual main character that stayed dead. He died exacting his revenge upon Golbez with Meteo. It killed him of course, and not Golbez. It was way too early in the game to end it there! How sad.

Yang
    This was a little farther in the game. Apparently he knew what he was doing at some computer console thingie or whatever. Argh my memory is fuzzy. He locks you out of a computer room and it explodes. He turns up later being helped by fairies or some shiz. Touching.

Cid
    Ok check out this badass SOB right here. HE HAS A HAMMER. HE WEARS GOGGLES 24/7. EVEN UNGERGROUND. HE JUMPS OF AN AIRSHIP (EVEN UNDERGROUND, OFF AN UNDERGROUND AIRSHIP) WITH A BOMB BECAUSE HE'S TOO BADASS TO BE SMART AND THROW IT OFF. I guess you could say there was a detonator on the bomb, not a timer. Although they had airships that could fly underground so I'm sure they could have created a time-bomb. He ends up surviving. He's actually not even that badass what the hell am I talking about haha. Tragic.

Palom & BLANK
    The frontsite didn't have the picture for Porom. Might have to do something about that later. So anyway it's your typical death hallway type scene where the walls are going to crush you, so they turn themselves into stone to stop them. It was actually quite cool when I was a kid. Man I love this game. They get un-petrified, like, right before you fight the last boss. *sniffle*

I'm pretty sure that's all of them! Which "death" was most memorable or touching? I played hardtype when I was a kid so they were all the most emotional things evar.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I'm going to go with Tellah, as he is the only one who stayed dead, despite Cid's moment of leaving the party being the most bad ass.
    As I let everyone know at any opportunity, bringing them all back really cheapened their 'deaths' for me. Made it seem like so much more of a cliche 'happily ever after' story.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Palom and Porom's 'death' upset me the most, perhaps because they were the youngest and had so much ahead of them and so on. Plus they're sitting there as statues for so long, I kept going back to Baron to mess with them and try to unpetrify them. There were so many rumors about secret items that could do it, and without the internet to verify it drove me crazy!

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Tellah`s death was the best..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

It was very impressive that two five-year-olds would be disciplined and mature enough to sacrifice their own lives for the greater good when the need arose, and without a second thought. It was especially touching when Porom said, "We would've followed you forever, Cecil."

Voting for Galuf...

Oops. I mean Tellah. Awesome old man using his life force to cast the most powerful spell in the world. Dang sweet way to go.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Cid. He threw himself off an airship with a smurfing bomb. That takes guts.

I'd have to go with Cid. Not only does he throw himself of a airship in mid air with a bomb. But in another scene you're first left of to belive he is dead but it turns out he's just sleeping.
    "Everything is simpler than you think and at the same time more complex than you imagine."

Blog Entries

I was upset when Palom and Porom got turned into statues. I sort of got attached to them. They were pretty mature for little kids, though.
    I kinda laughed when Cid jumped off with the bomb. I don't know, it was just epic!
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Cid, it helps that the first time I got that far it was on a fan translation and they through in something when he jumped. Plus he managed to survive the explosion AND the fall.

Banned

Palom and Porom. Their death was better than all the other deaths combined.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Mom Bomb, boom!

Really Cid.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Either Cid or Yang... Nope, Cid's was the most epic.
    jkhkjg

I'm gonna have to go with Cid here, he jumped of a freakin' airship to save the party. Now that's epicness to the max!
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Definitely the twins for me. Man I love those kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.