Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Social Networking Site Applications

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Social Networking Site Applications

I think everyone knows what I mean when I say: Farmville Addicts.

When I first joined Facebook, I told myself I wasn't going to join any applications because I had my real video games to play on my PS2 and my DS. However, a friend requested that I join her in playing Pet Society. Against my better judgement, I accepted, and fell in love with how adorable the game seemed to be. Since then, I've also added Restaurant City (my biggest addiction ever, though I've been playing it in spurts lately, cause I've been quite busy), Country Story, even the infamous Farmville and Farmtown. However, I quickly lost interest in most of those, and so now the only application I really play anymore is Restaurant City, because it's actually quite challenging, which is part of the novelty, I believe.

Subject: Are you an addict, or one of the ones exasperated by the destruction of your wall due to others (like me ) spamming it up with app announcements (I PLUNGED 50,000 TOILETS HERE'S 1,000 GOLD FOR MY FRIENDS BECAUSE I'M SO COOL)? Or, are you one of those that stays away from Social Networking Sites altogether?

I am mostly interested in the initial presentation and the continued development of Facebook games. I have played roughly 35-40 of them and continue to invest time in new ones to see how the field is expanding. At one point, I considered it research because a friend and I were developing our own browser-based RPG with a Facebook release planned, but I think those plans hit a roadstop when both of us got bored. We might pick it up sometime very soon though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm fairly high leveled in Farmville. I like collecting the cute animals. I'm also fairly high leveled in Restaurant City, which is also super cute.

I block every other application.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I started playing them a little and then just got really bored. Probably because I don't visit Facebook that often. If I want to talk to people, I'll come here. If I want to play games, I'll play my consoles.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I block nearly any app that I see, the only ones I haven't are simple ones that don't required extended effort like a typing skill one that I checked out once.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I am mostly interested in the initial presentation and the continued development of Facebook games. I have played roughly 35-40 of them and continue to invest time in new ones to see how the field is expanding. At one point, I considered it research because a friend and I were developing our own browser-based RPG with a Facebook release planned, but I think those plans hit a roadstop when both of us got bored. We might pick it up sometime very soon though.
    That's pretty neat. I've noticed a lot of changes in some of the apps since I started playing, and I'm quite impressed. There's still a lot of work to be done on some before they're awesome by my standards, but I'm still pretty impressed with the results.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I block most of them. I wish people would stop giving me e-hamburgers ._.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I did have a high farmville thing but now I'm on cafe world. I send bunny things all the time, I don't think he appreciates it.

I hate them with a passion and have them all hidden on my facebook, however I respect the person who made Farmville/Mafia Wars/Cafe Frenzy/WTFever because they are filthy smurfing rich at this point.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

My friend was so obsessed with Farmville that she wasn't content with just having her own farm, but insisted that I got one so that she could look after that too. I cried tears of embarrassment when I saw that my face book wall was full of "AMY JUST WENT UP A LEVEL ON FARMVILLE'.

When I told her to hide every trace!

Blog Entries

I'm guilty of asking people to add them so that they could help me out They never did, and now I feel completely embarassed for even asking xD

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No on both accounts. The only thing I have to do with farmville stuff kind of applications is making fun of some of the word doubleplay.

I only have 30 friends ( :'[ ), so my wall isn't spammed up either.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I have absolutely refused to get myself dragged into those things. Probably because I've seen my dad loser employees talk about how they had "100,000 bucks" on one of them and I really don't strive to be anything like them xD

I hate Farmville, Mafia Wars, that fish thing, that other thing. I hate wankers that play it & invite me every 2 smurfing seconds. I hate my Facebook status & activity list being raped by smurfing Farmville status updates or Marfiawar twats asking for chop shops or points.

smurf you all.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Absolutely not. Whenever someone invites me to those silly apps, I always click 'deny'. It isn't always because I find them kind of boring, but it's also because I'd find one I do like and end up playing it all the time, when I never sign on to Facebook or Myspace to begin with!