Thread: Haste2 - Reason Enough

Default Haste2 - Reason Enough

I think the benefit of Haste/Haste2 was reason enough to justify permanently dedicating a character's second ability slot to Time Magic. Both for the reason of hasting everyone of course, and for fixing Slow and Stop statuses. I don't think anything other than White Magic of course was so critical!

Is there an ability without which you wouldn't fathom beating the game? I think Haste is quite easily one of the best abilities in every Final Fantasy game it's found in, really!

Meteor isn't too shabby either

Also, Rapid Fire + Dual-Wielding + Spellblade = life is good

Time magic is so underated. It isn't as obviously useful as Black and White magic, but it was equal to it because it can serve both an offensive and defensive role (albeit mostly offensive). It sucks that the Time mage was only in FFV and the Tactics games.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Time Mage lost popularity because it just wasn't as stylish as the Red Mage.

It does have some seriously awesome skills, and is frequently overlooked. Just go with a different main job so you don't have to laugh at that costume.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Time Mage, to me, was one of the more memorable costume styles. Not quite as cool as Red Mage but still way up there.

Haste and Stop magics are two of my favorites in pretty much any Final Fantasy that has them. Speed is such an underrated attribute.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't think Haste itself is underrated as it's so commonly used throughout the FF's by most people who know what they're doing. In FFXIII, it's the first spell you cast once you're able in almost any situation.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Haste is incredibly useful, although it's possible for a Chemist to synthesize Haste Drinks and Kisses of Blessing while also belting out Shadow Flares left and right. But that's more of an endgame strategy.

Blue Mages as they appear in FFV are the most stylish job ever devised: capes, shoulderpads, domino masks, and feathered berets. But through some great injustice, the costume has never made it beyond this one game.

...I can't argue with that point.

Blue Mages have probably just been too stylish for future FFs.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

It was always hard for me not to choose the Blue Mage class for all of my characters, except when I needed a Beastmaster. I haven't played FFV in a long time, though.

Oh, Blue Mage! :bluemage:

Haste was actually pretty useless in FF7 if you were like me and had the battle speed maxed out and everything set to Active; attacks were so long that the sped up time bars didn't make any difference; everyone still attacked in the same order

That doesn't change the fact that Time Mage is, always has been, and always will be my favourite class.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I've always used default speeds for battles in every game so I wouldn't know about that. But 4x-Cut with Counter-Mime and Big Guard cast on everyone is a quick way to beat down pretty much anything. Haste rocked in VII is pretty much the point I'm trying to put out there.

My nick sums up how I feel about Time magic
    Time...
    It will not wait...
    No matter how hard you hold on, it escapes you...

Currently playing through the main series...
    Playing: FFII
    Completed: FFI

They sort of brought it back by making Ashe into a Time Mage in FFXII:Revenant Wings. She just lacked the typical Time Mage costume

It does have some seriously awesome skills, and is frequently overlooked. Just go with a different main job so you don't have to laugh at that costume.
    I, for one, have no problem using a Time Mage in battle. In fact, I would always make Leila into a Time Mage after she would master White Mage in my playthroughs. Hastega(or 2)is just too awesome to pass up, along with Comet and Meteor.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

'Return' is very powerful. There are four characters in this game. Maybe one of them can be a time mage but I like to diversify.

It comes down to style. I'd prefer two white magic, one black magic, and one time in the second slot. Protecting and healing yourself is clearly more important imo.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75