Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Overratedroth.

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    Obvious troll thread is obvious, but I'm going to argue this anyways because I'm bored.
    What a reason. Because you don't want to be bored I am bored of this conversation.

Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    The source of magic = Lifestream

Sephiroth didn't manage to absorb all of it. In fact, he probably only absorbed about half of it, since Aerith still controlled a great deal of it.
    The source of magic = the knowledge and memories of the Cetra. Stated by Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII-1, stated by Sephiroth in a Crisis Core memorial scene of the Digital Mind Wave system, the Ultimania Omega and Square. The lifestream is all life energy and memories & knowledge of dead people, animals, et cetera. Materia contains the ancient's knowledge. Because of this knowledge you can call the planet's power in form oif magic. Technically the planet's life energy/the memories/the knowledge is magic. Indeed. But it is completely useless without knowing how to use it and for this you need the most important life energy/memories/knowledge as tool = the ancient's knowledge. Sephiroth wanted to absorb the whole lifestream to be reborn as a god. And I have never said he had absorbed the whole lifestream. And you want to argue with me? LOL. I can read the Ultimania Omega without some internet translation. Aerith is partly a Cetra but she is not stronger than Sephiroth. And she knew that. That is, why she sacrificed herself. And he already absorbed this knowledge years before he killed Aerith. Final Fantasy VII has some plotholes and story filler but most of it is explained very well with all the things Square has published for the Compilation like the Ultimania, et cetera. Of course there are still some mistakes and even new mistakes but the most important things are explained well.

True, but he did accomplish the goal of "absorb all magic and become the most powerful being in the world."
    He already was and is the "most powerful being in the world". Stated by Square and Tetsuya Nomura Sephiroth is the most powerful character in Final Fantasy VII and it is also stated they would never create a Final Fantasy VII character who is stronger than him so Minerva, no JENOVA and no one else. And it is also stated calling magic is possible because of the ancient's knowledge and not because of any other knowledge so he has absorbed magic because he already has absorbed their knowledge the first time he was in the lifestream.

Sephiroth wasn't even close to achieving any of this.
    I love it how you post something just to post something. You make my day.

cool opinion
    No opinion. It is a fact, stated by Square. And I love it how somebody like you who claims to know the Ultimania Omega and interviews does not even know that. Of course Square decides that to be the truth. They want his character to be more popular.

Tell that to Kefka's "All magic except ~16 Espers"
    I have posted this to show Kefka is not the only wizard.

I'll give you that.
    Of course. It is the truth.

I think Aerith already took care of that.
    She can't do anything against his reunion. His will is the greatest of all. He resists the lifestream and he is the only one who can decide if he wants to return to the planet or not. If Final Fantasy VII would be over after the final battle Sephiroth VS Cloud directly after the Safer Sephiroth battle I would admit. But Square decided him to be even stronger. And he already used this will power during the first story line to get stronger in the lifestream while normal people couldn't do that. They made him the strongest character who can only be beaten because of his only weakness: Overconfidence. Not because somebody would be stronger than him. You don't need to be stronger than someone to beat him/her.

That's just a form magic, nothing too special for him.
    That's not a "form magic". It is stated by Iphalna and Square and called "Mimic ability". JENOVA can use it = Sephiroth can use it. And Sephiroth combines it with his "reunion" ability because a true reunion is the combination of his original head and the rest of his cells but he doesn't have his original body and cells in Advent Children so he Kadaj and JENOVA cells are used to shapeshift Kadaj's geostigma body into a new Sephiroth body.

That's just him messing with the characters' minds.
    Also stated it is one of his abilities.

...so?
    Okay, you have never played Final Fantasy VII if you don't know that.

vs. absorbing nearly all magic in the world
    As mentioned before, you really don't know anything about Final Fantasy VII's magic and the study of the planet's life. And what should "semi-omnipotence" be? Either you are omnipotent or you are not. Like you claim about Sephiroth, Kefka wasn't even close to that.

But he's gone, the planet/Aerith did away with him.
    He is not gone. The final battle of Advent Children and Square's "the compilation will need another final" is really obvious. "Watashi wa...omoide ni wa naru nai sa." - "I will never be a memory." - This is not just a line.

...a glorified way of saying "he went insane." Kefka went insane, too.
    It is cool how your only argument is "Kefka did this, too!". For my post I have posted things about Sephiroth because I already know Kefka is similiar to him.

Yeah, I'll admit the whole "mama's boy" thing that people do is annoying.
    And I also hate it how Sephiroth fanboys/girl offend Kefka.

Or just annoyed at the fact that there are swarms of FF7 fanboys saying that Sephiroth is the greatest villain ever.
    That's the same thing. They are jealous.

Chemical factories can't kill an entire kingdom within a matter of minutes. They take days, maybe weeks.
    Again, no argument.

Also, killing an entire kingdom > killing a building of Shinra employees
    A building with 70 floors (yes only the last floors) and a lot of people, not to mention very important people. The important and comparable person Kefka has killed is Emperor Gestahl. Kefka made ground infertile with his destruction, Sephiroth partly controls life itself.

Oh lol. Sephiroth is between mediocre and average.
    I quote you again "cool opinion".

Sephiroth is cool, just not a good villain.
    "Cool opinion".

that makes two of us
    At least you agree with that.

And I do not know how you can post here when you are a person who is interested in the truth, so Square's facts. Everything I post here can be read somewhere else, in Final Fantasy VII, in the Ultimania, in interviews, et cetera. I have seen some other Ultimania translations so it is not me who translates something wrong because they are similiar to my translation. And even without that there is still the story itself and Square's words without Ultimania.

In case you reply to this post I won't answer. So don't misunderstand it and think I would have nothing else to say and you are right just because I do not answer.

EDIT: Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!
    EDIT II: Do you really think I would mind your posts? I haven't even read your post. I was laughing because I knew you would reply. I know the truth. Only Square can decide what's the truth. So no matter what you say you will never be right as long as your post don't contain Square's words. But why do I even write here. You just want to discuss because you are bored and I haven't even read your new post because I am not the only one here who knows you will never accept another words than your own. And as long as you don't accept it, please stop wasting my time. It is simply riddiculus when someone says I am wrong when I can even prove my words. You are not talking with an idiot you are talking with a freak.
    EDIT III: Okay, now that's the ultimate proof how ignorant you really are. Since I really do understand japanese, have the Ultimanias and know the interviews and have finished all the Final Fantasys more than just once and I love both of them (Sephiroth & Kefka) and I am a freak and I am not the only one who should be convinced by you (and you always try to mock people who are not impressed by your false knowledge) I will report you. You have just disqualified yourself with that weak try to mock me.

Know your place. Have you ever noticed people can show you facts which tell you your comments are wrong and you just say "No." just because you didn't understand the stories? Hmph! You won't make a fool of me by calling me a fanboy who cannot read.

And notice: Freak =/= Fanboy.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 04-10-2010 at 09:40 PM.

Banned

What a reason. Because you don't want to be bored I am bored of this conversation.
    I didn't say that.

Sephiroth wanted to absorb the whole lifestream to be reborn as a god. And I have never said he had absorbed the whole lifestream. And you want to argue with me? LOL.
    And the difference is that Kefka actually did manage to absorb the statues, unlike Sephiroth who couldn't absorb all the planet's lifestream.

Aerith is partly a Cetra but she is not stronger than Sephiroth. And she knew that. That is, why she sacrificed herself.
    But she was strong enough to prevent Sephiroth from absorbing all of Lifestream, and was easily able to do away with him by using Great Gospel.

He already was and is the "most powerful being in the world". Stated by Square and Tetsuya Nomura Sephiroth is the most powerful character in Final Fantasy VII and it is also stated they would never create a Final Fantasy VII character who is stronger than him so Minerva, no JENOVA and no one else.
    This is real nice and everything, except for the fact that Cloud managed to beat him single-handedly.

And it is also stated calling magic is possible because of the ancient's knowledge and not because of any other knowledge so he has absorbed magic because he already has absorbed their knowledge the first time he was in the lifestream.
    I'm not denying that he can use magic. I'm saying that he just didn't absorb enough Lifestream to succeed in his plan of "turning the world into his vessel."

I love it how you post something just to post something. You make my day.
    I love how you aren't denying that I'm right.

No opinion. It is a fact, stated by Square. And I love it how somebody like you who claims to know the Ultimania Omega and interviews does not even know that. Of course Square decides that to be the truth. They want his character to be more popular.
    Cloud's will > Sephiroth's will, dude. That's why he was able to beat him single-handedly. And yeah, as a character he's alright. But as a villain...not so much.
    I have posted this to show Kefka is not the only wizard.
    Yeah, but he's just way more powerful than Sephy.
    He resists the lifestream and he is the only one who can decide if he wants to return to the planet or not. If Final Fantasy VII would be over after the final battle Sephiroth VS Cloud directly after the Safer Sephiroth battle I would admit. But Square decided him to be even stronger.
    Tell that to Great Gospel.
    They made him the strongest character who can only be beaten because of his only weakness: Overconfidence. Not because somebody would be stronger than him. You don't need to be stronger than someone to beat him/her.
    This is just denial of truth right here, and you have a very limited concept of "strength."

That's not a "form magic". It is stated by Iphalna and Square and called "Mimic ability". JENOVA can use it = Sephiroth can use it. And Sephiroth combines it with his "reunion" ability because a true reunion is the combination of his original head and the rest of his cells but he doesn't have his original body and cells in Advent Children so he Kadaj and JENOVA cells are used to shapeshift Kadaj's geostigma body into a new Sephiroth body.
    Okay, you're right. This is something that he can do with Jenova cells. But it hardly matters, since the Jenova cells were easily done away with by Great Gospel.
    Also stated it is one of his abilities.
    Yeah, but it's not quite the same as creating an illusion world.

Okay, you have never played Final Fantasy VII if you don't know that.
    I knew that. What I didn't know is how that ridiculously obvious piece of info had any relevance.
    As mentioned before, you really don't know anything about Final Fantasy VII's magic and the study of the planet's life.
    The planet's life = Lifestream = Materia = Magic

Seph didn't ever absorb all Lifestream to make the planet his vessel or to stop Aerith, and that's all either of us needs to know.

And what should "semi-omnipotence" be? Either you are omnipotent or you are not. Like you claim about Sephiroth, Kefka wasn't even close to that.
    He was ALOT closer than Sephiroth was, since "All the planet's magic" except for the Espers was in the statues. The FF6 party had, what, 16 Espers out of an entire world of Espers that got their power drained by Kefka?

The only way for Sephiroth to even be equal to Kefka would be to have "All the planet's Lifestream - 16 Materia" and we definitely know that he was nowhere close to achieving the first one.
    He is not gone. The final battle of Advent Children and Square's "the compilation will need another final" is really obvious. "Watashi wa...omoide ni wa naru nai sa." - "I will never be a memory." - This is not just a line.
    Yeah, but who says the compilation will even feature Sephiroth? Lots of villains also say some variation of "Noooo! I can't be defeated! I won't die!" as well, but they don't actually come back.
    It is cool how your only argument is "Kefka did this, too!". For my post I have posted things about Sephiroth because I already know Kefka is similiar to him.
    Not at all. "They're both insane and powerful" is about the only similarities you'll find, since they both go through their games and handle situations and events very differently.
    That's the same thing. They are jealous.
    Disliking something popular doesn't automatically equal jealousy.

A building with 70 floors (yes only the last floors) and a lot of people, not to mention very important people. The important and comparable person Kefka has killed is Emperor Gestahl.
    I guess you don't realize that he didn't kill as many Shinra employees as you think, since Shinra still had a sizeable army and the head execs still lived until the party took care of them.
    The important and comparable person Kefka has killed is Emperor Gestahl.
    Seph's is only President Shinra then, right?
    Kefka made ground infertile with his destruction, Sephiroth partly controls life itself.
    There's more than one way of controlling life.
    "cool opinion".
    Yeah, it's probably even better than yours.

And I do not know how you can post here when you are a person who is interested in the truth, so Square's facts. Everything I post here can be read somewhere else, in Final Fantasy VII, in the Ultimania, in interviews, et cetera. I have seen some other Ultimania translations so it is not me who translates something wrong because they are similiar to my translation. And even without that there is still the story itself and Square's words without Ultimania.
    I'm not saying that Square is wrong. I'm saying you are wrong, because not everything you say is officially confirmed by Square themselves, and the things that are confirmed by Square don't stop me from being right.

In case you reply to this post I won't answer. So don't misunderstand it and think I would have nothing else to say and you are right just because I do not answer.
    The original topic that was being discussed, which you quoted the TC on was Kefka/Sephiroth accomplishing their goal of absorbing all magic and destroying the world. While neither of them did actually fully complete these goals, Kefka a hell of a lot closer to accomplishing his goals of destroying the world and absorbing all magic than Sephiroth was (and a lot of other villains as well).

The one that's a better villain is debatable, but the previous statement is not, and there's nothing you can say that will change that anyways, so I'm not surprised that you won't answer. You don't have an answer.

EDIT: Derp, I'm the world's biggest Sephiroth fanboy
    EDIT II: Do you really think I would mind your posts? I haven't even read your post, yet somehow I'm replying to it by making this edit. I was laughing because I'm the world's biggest Sephiroth fanboy. I refuse to accept the truth. Only Square and every non-Sephiroth fanboy can decide what's the truth. So no matter what I say I will never be right as long as ignore what you say, plug my ears and shout "lalalalalala". But why do I even write here. I just want to discuss because I get insanely butthurt when someone insults my idol, Sephiroth, and I haven't even read your new post because I am the only one here who can't handle the truth and that I'm wrong. And as long as I continue to deny the truth, please tell me that I'm so incredibly wrong. It is simply riddiculus when someone says I am wrong and I plug my ears and shout "lalalala" because I'm afraid of being told I'm wrong. You are talking with an idiot and you are talking with someone who is the definition of an extremely closed-minded Sephiroth fanboy that gets extremely butthurt that someone would point out facts about his idol.
    Lol at this guy, he is the biggest Sephiroth fanboy I have ever seen, hands down. This guy fits every stereotype of Sephiroth fanboys.

Since you seem to suffer from "can't read words" syndrome, like all Sephiroth fanboys, I'll post a picture for you:

Last edited by PuPu; 04-10-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I love how srs people take this. You've insulted Sephiroth, how dare you!!!

No but yeah, I think he's overrated. Long haired feminine anime man with an oversized katana, doesn't exactly score originality points.

I had a friend who was obsessed with his theme tune and sung it all the time. Maybe I'm biased.
    jkhkjg

Banned
    Blog Entries

Bigger discussion: Sephiroth is an anagram of Her Hot Pis. win/fail?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Okay, let's stop calling other members fanboys. The debate isn't about other members, it's about a FF character.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Answer my damn question you spammer. >:(

Banned

You're sure doing a good job of "not replying to my posts."

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    EDIT III: Okay, now that's the ultimate proof how ignorant you really are.
    Irony at its finest.

Since I really do understand japanese, have the Ultimanias and know the interviews and have finished all the Final Fantasys more than just once
    That's great and all, but nothing you posted from the Ultimanias makes me wrong, and it doesn't make you any less wrong.

and I am not the only one who should be convinced by you
    Yeah, that whole "I can't hear you lalalala" thing you're doing works pretty well, doesn't it?

(and you always try to mock people who are not impressed by your false knowledge)
    >he thinks that plugging his ears shouting "lalalala I can't hear you" = not being impressed

>he thinks that any knowledge which proves him wrong must be false

I will report you.
    Lol

For what? Stating that you have been refusing to admit that you're wrong?

You have just disqualified yourself with that weak try to mock me.
    I pointed out that you're ignoring everything I say because you don't like being told you're wrong, and you think that makes everything I said before that invalid?

Know your place. Have you ever noticed people can show you facts which tell you your comments are wrong
    Lol @ implying that everything you said were facts. On top of that, the things that you said that actually were facts don't make me wrong and they don't make you any less wrong.

and you just say "No."
    You're right. Instead, just "not reply" and pretend that everything that I say is fact and that I can't possibly be wrong. Just like you, am I rite?

just because you didn't understand the stories? Hmph!
    I understand them well enough to know that nothing you said makes you any less wrong.

You won't make a fool of me by calling me a fanboy who cannot read.
    Trust me, I'm not the one who's making a fool out of you.
    And notice: Freak =/= Fanboy.
    Way to pretend I said something that I actually didn't.
    Last edited by PuPu; 04-10-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    No but yeah, I think he's overrated. Long haired feminine anime man with an oversized katana, doesn't exactly score originality points.
    ^ THIS.

Also, genetic experiment being that [somehow] doesn't become aware of such experiments until much later, then goes insane over it and starts to hate everything. Now, I'm not saying that this is a bad backstory, but I just see it recycled over and over in far too many anime/etc. Some people here probably know that I'm not exactly a Magus fan [just using this as an example], yet Magus to me was still a great deal more impressive in my opinion.

Yes, he is overrated. Don't get me wrong, I think Sephiroth is awesome. He has a lot going for him, with a great combination of raw power and behind-the-scenes manipulation. But is he awesome enough to deserve a million fanclubs across the globe and be consistently rated one of the best video game characters of all time? Hell no.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Truly, 7 is overated, especially when compared to 8 and Ultemecia
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

well at least sephy and Kefka didn't have homosexual tendencies like Kuja and Seymour....

*Garnie is killed by the kuja and Seymour fan boys*

Banned
    Blog Entries

Sephiroth is so hardcore he kills flower girls.

I think the fact this character keeps being brought up and winning polls after 10 years says how much he stands up as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by seiferalmasy2 View Post
    I think the fact this character keeps being brought up and winning polls after 10 years says how much he stands up as a character.

Yeah just like DBZ and Pokemon.

Banned
    Blog Entries

George W Bush used to win polls as well.