Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Overratedroth.

Not 10 years after he left office

Banned
    Blog Entries

You don't know that yet.

I can't tell if you're trolling or not, but I'm gonna respond seriously anyways just because I'm kinda bored right now.

There are still a lot of people out there that think Bush was an amazing president. They're definitely not in low number, either. Many people also think that DBZ and Pokemon were wonderful, supreme-quality animes that easily top any other anime that has come out and that will come out. I of course, think they're the worst trash ever created, but it doesn't stop all the 13 year-olds from loving that crap. I'd say the same for Sephiroth since like all of the above, he only wins popularity polls with certain demographic audiences. Of course, some people outside of that category still think he's cool, just like all of the above as well. It's definitely not in high number though. Like if I took these forums as an example, too many people disagree with this Sephiroth stuff, so I'd hardly consider him a universal poll winner.

Default I still get that chill when I recall Sephiroth

and he's still my favorite FF villain, more so that kefka or Kuja or ultimecia, exdeath or any of the others.

There's something special about him.
    Something Square hasn't been able to recapture especially in recent villains.
    The recent villains lacked something..to such an extent by the time you got to the end of the game it was an anticlimax and the villain was an easier fight than others you fought along the way.

For me Sephiroth is still the greatest villain in the history of FF.

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYWOLF View Post
    and he's still my favorite FF villain, more so that kefka or Kuja or ultimecia, exdeath or any of the others.

The recent villains lacked something..to such an extent by the time you got to the end of the game it was an anticlimax and the villain was an easier fight than others you fought along the way.

Okay I originally had... I'll just say it was a "different" response to this post, but decided to delete my message since you-know-who would've found it too "mean". However, I seemed to have missed the part that I bolded here. PLEASE don't tell me you're trying to imply that Sephiroth was actually challenging to fight. Like any other final battle with an FF main villain, the final Sephiroth battle is a joke without having to over-level your party. The only noteworthy part of that fight is the fact that he keeps casting a pathetic hour-long-animation spell called Super Nova, which despite destroying the entire solar system as well as the sun itself [even though apparently they all seem instantly regenerate after being destroyed], still isn't capable of destroying your party [uh?]. His version of Heartless Angel also seems inferior to Kefka's since it can be blocked, and he's only able to use it when he's low on HP "hey guys I'm almost dead". Pale Horse also seems kinda pathetic to me since it's single-target.

I think he's called Safer-Sephiroth for a reason, and I'm pretty sure it's not because it's a mistranslation of "Seraph" XD

Quote Originally Posted by Khalin View Post
    Okay I originally had... I'll just say it was a "different" response to this post, but decided to delete my message since you-know-who would've found it too "mean". However, I seemed to have missed the part that I bolded here. PLEASE don't tell me you're trying to imply that Sephiroth was actually challenging to fight. Like any other final battle with an FF main villain, the final Sephiroth battle is a joke without having to over-level your party. The only noteworthy part of that fight is the fact that he keeps casting a pathetic hour-long-animation spell called Super Nova, which despite destroying the entire solar system as well as the sun itself [even though apparently they all seem instantly regenerate after being destroyed], still isn't capable of destroying your party [uh?]. His version of Heartless Angel also seems inferior to Kefka's since it can be blocked, and he's only able to use it when he's low on HP "hey guys I'm almost dead". Pale Horse also seems kinda pathetic to me since it's single-target.

I think he's called Safer-Sephiroth for a reason, and I'm pretty sure it's not because it's a mistranslation of "Seraph" XD
    Super Nova of course is just a demonstration of his power like all the other moves in Final Fantasy. If he would have unleashed a Super Nova, the planets and the characters would be dead. Oh, yes: Many people don't know but it is not the original scene of Sephiroth's Super Nova. Just another information of mine.

Also fight Sephiroth without ribbon items and all these things, increase his Hit Points up to 400000 and he is very strong during this battle. It can be challenging.

Banned

Super Nova is not a demonstration of his actual power as said by the plot; it is a gameplay element.

Sephiroth also has a set pattern of attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    Super Nova is not a demonstration of his actual power as said by the plot; it is a gameplay element.
    There is just one question in Crisis Core about Super Nova and it is an optional "side quest". It is obvious that's no serious question not to mention Sephiroth cannot use Super Nova in Crisis Core. And every single move is a demonstration of power/showing what a character or enemy is able to do. Even the one million laser attack of your precious Xemnas or his heart stealing attack.

And of course in the Final Battle Sephiroth has a set pattern of attacks. I have never said anything against that. It is simply the truth.

Banned

There is just one question in Crisis Core about Super Nova and it is an optional "side quest"
    ...so? Super Nova destroying the solar system still makes absolutely no sense according to the plot.

Even the one million laser attack of your precious Xemnas or his heart stealing attack.
    There's two main differences though:

1. Xemnas' attacks don't break any plot rules
    2. These two particular attacks that you've chosen are essentially unavoidable which the game itself forces upon to you to say "LOOK! THIS IS WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS!".

And of course in the Final Battle Sephiroth has a set pattern of attacks. I have never said anything against that. It is simply the truth.
    Making him...not so challenging.

...so? Super Nova destroying the solar system still makes absolutely no sense according to the plot.
    Just because he is powerful enough to unleash something like that it doesn't mean he has to do that. Of course he has never used a Super Nova. Otherwise there would be no Happy Ending. Look at all the anime villains. Every idiot is able to destroy the Solar System. Cell just needs one Kamehame-Ha - but he was stopped before he could. Broly needs one move to destroy the galaxy. But he was stopped before he was able to destroy the northern galaxy like he did with the southern. Anime villains are riddiculusly powerful. Most of the Final Fantasy villains are typical anime villains. And when your true question was "Why would he use a Meteor if he could use a Super Nova?" - Sephiroth needed a body in Final Fantasy VII to absorb the lifestream. He needed a point where the energy would focus and where he would be. So destroying everything and all the JENOVA cells so he wouldn't even be able to reunite himself would be quite stupid.

And yes, Xemnas attacks do not break plot rules as well. He was nothing but an example.

Maybe you think Sephiroth is not that challenging but in case your team heals him with Megalixirs over and over again because Super Nova has worked you'll probably think the same way I do about the battle.

EDIT: I just want to mention: You are right, there are things in Final Fantasy which are not logical. But the story of Sephiroth, how he combines his powers and everything is written and explained very well - there are some strange things about him as well. Indeed. But almost everything has an explanation.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 04-16-2010 at 09:22 PM.

Default You can be mean if you want...

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYWOLF View Post

you know who being a mod I suppose ?

rotfl..
    Maybe I overstated my case.
    I did beat him rather easily..but I certainly felt the motivation and anticipation of the fight...
    I wanted to kill him..because of the things he had done.

As opposed to feeling ambivalent and wanting the game to just be over..as has been the case with recent villains.

I'm not easily offended by other players' opinions.

Opinions vary and everyone is entitled to have a different one/different viewpoint.

Banned

Just because he is powerful enough to unleash something like that it doesn't mean he has to do that. Of course he has never used a Super Nova.
    Then where's the proof that he can do it if he never does it? The one question hardly says anything about what Sephy can actually do. As far as it says, the name of Seph's deathblow is called that and says nothing about the effect or his ability to use it.
    And when your true question was "Why would he use a Meteor if he could use a Super Nova?" - Sephiroth needed a body in Final Fantasy VII to absorb the lifestream. He needed a point where the energy would focus and where he would be. So destroying everything and all the JENOVA cells so he wouldn't even be able to reunite himself would be quite stupid.
    If the point of using Meteor was just to cause a huge boo-boo to the planet so that he could absorb Lifestream, it would make no sense for him to go through all the trouble of getting the Black Materia if he could supposedly just launch a less powerful version of Super Nova that only damages the planet rather than destroys it.

EDIT: I just want to mention: You are right, there are things in Final Fantasy which are not logical. But the story of Sephiroth, how he combines his powers and everything is written and explained very well - there are some strange things about him as well. Indeed. But almost everything has an explanation.
    "Logical" isn't exactly the main problem here. "Contradictory" is the main problem. Regardless of how well Seph's story is, there's still practically no proof that he can use Super Nova except for a question that probably isn't even related to the plot.

Okay I originally had... I'll just say it was a "different" response to this post, but decided to delete my message since you-know-who would've found it too "mean".
    Quote for truth.

Dude, can I like sig this quote of yours?
    Last edited by PuPu; 04-16-2010 at 09:39 PM.

Then where's the proof that he can do it if he never does it? The one question hardly says anything about what Sephy can actually do. As far as it says, the name of Seph's deathblow is called that and says nothing about the effect or his ability to use it.
    If Sephiroth would be able to use this attack in Crisis Core and someone would have seen it it must have been one of his very real-looking and even -feeling illusions. But Sephiroth was not able to use his illusion power at that time because he wasn't able to control JENOVA's abilities - and it doesn't make sense to create such an illusion while just attacking someone but that doesn't matter because he cannot control it during that time. And it was no real Super Nova during that time because then there would be no NPC who could tell you or a planet for Crisis Core itself. So he definitely was not strong enough to unleash Super Nova during Crisis Core and it was just a question for the Sephiroth fans to laugh about and say "Hooray, I was hoping this would be the question of an Sephiroth Elite Fan Club!".
    Like we all know numbers, stats and all this does not matter for the true story strength and I really doubt anyone thinks "When a Super Nova hits me I just get % damage, am paralyzed, slowed and confused!". But the scene of the move itself really shows what a character can do. Cloud can use an original Omnislash. He shows it during Advent Children Complete. Sephiroth just blocks it, but Cloud can use it. Vincent can transform into beasts, the characters can summon Summonings/Eidolons/Aeons/Guardian Forces/et cetera. This is a magical fantasy world. Neo X-Death's Almagest is a demonstration of his power as well and he does not only use it during the final battle. He summons the Almagest spheres during the story line as well. Of course magic is unbelievable in our world. But it should not be hard to believe, inhuman creatures like these have enough power destroy planets, solar system, galaxies, et cetera.

If the point of using Meteor was just to cause a huge boo-boo to the planet so that he could absorb Lifestream, it would make no sense for him to go through all the trouble of getting the Black Materia if he could supposedly just launch a less powerful version of Super Nova that only damages the planet rather than destroys it.
    I am not the creator of Final Fantasy and I do not write the script. And the whole story about the Black Materia was just a filler. It would be a quite precious story if Sephiroth would have used all of his power and abilities to get what he wants. And such things are fillers. Sephiroth was strong enough during the whole story to kill the heroes - and we all know that, even the heroes themselves say before the Final Battle they cannot compare to them and during the whole story they were even weaker. So in case you ask yourself why he hasn't used a Super Nova or something similiar instead of Meteor you just can ask yourself as well why he hasn't killed Cloud while he was sleeping during the time he was sleeping in the ShinRa Headquarters. It simply ends the story and no one wants that. He rather opens their doors so they can follow him. By the way - a Super Nova is a Super Nova. There is no weaker version of it. And a Super Nova doesn't look like the american one of Sephiroth. His japanese original Super Nova is more of a real Super Nova.

"Logical" isn't exactly the main problem here. "Contradictory" is the main problem. Regardless of how well Seph's story is, there's still practically no proof that he can use Super Nova except for a question that probably isn't even related to the plot.
    I think the fact all the other moves of characters and enemies are real and the mentioned facts which makes a Super Nova impossible in Crisis Core tells you why is has to be his real power during Final Fantasy VII(-1) even without statement.

If you say, there is no official statement you are completely right. But it makes no sense as you can see in my explanation.

This quote option is irritating. I have to edit it too many times.

Let's end it here. I don't want the same thing as last time here. Just keep your opinion like you want it to be.

The thing is that you are just a troll who does not know the truth and how truth works and what an axiom is. Not I have to prove anything. The truth already exists. And you just don't know it.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-08-2014 at 12:24 AM.

Safer is a mistranslation of Sepher. See the translation project at my forum.

Quote Originally Posted by seiferalmasy2 View Post
    Safer is a mistranslation of Sepher. See the translation project at my forum.
    I like "Safer" more than "Sepher". "Sephiroth" and his american pronounciation reminds me of "Sepher" well enough. And "Safer" is quite fitting. But vor Bizarro Sephiroth I like "Rebirth Sephiroth" more than "Reverse Sephiroth".