Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shows You Miss

At the time you made this thread I was also watching That 70's Show 0_0

I miss Recess, Jackass, and Viva la Bam. Also Dexter's Lab and Codename: KND.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

We were probably watching the same one! I hear there is a new Jackass movie coming out though so you'll be able to get that taste of that show for a bit.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Gilmore Girls.

Yes, Gilmore Girls.

Look, I accidentally started watching it on it's premier and had been addicted ever since, and no other show is similar enough to it.

The head writer/creator did another show after Gilmore Girls called The Return of Jezebelle James or something, but it was awful because the studio made her do it as a half hour sitcom rather than the hour dramedy that she'd planned. Now she has a new show coming out on HBO that might be good and another one on the CW that might be good. But neither will be Gilmore Girls.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gilmore Girls, Dollhouse (even though it just recently cancelled, it was stellar, imho), Duck Tales, Garfield and Friends...Basically all the cartoons I ever watched as a kid, because those were good quality cartoons.

Arrested Development and Firefly are probably the top two. I understand why AD had to end, but Firefly could have lasted so much longer and been extremely good. It's terrible to think that a show like Firefly gets cut after barely a season while shows like American Idol are allowed on the air.

I also miss Veronica Mars, though the 'trailer' for a purposed fourth season that was included on the third season DVD wasn't all that interesting and didn't generate a lot of care from me. It was good while it lasted though. The jury is still out, but I might have developed serious feelings for Kristen Bell while watching this show.

Let's see... Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, although the former lasted long enough for a television show and the latter couldn't really go anywhere else. Out of the three Whedon shows listed here, I probably miss Firefly the most. I think the acting, writing, and storyline were far superior than anything on Buffy and Angel.

I also miss Conan.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Invader Zim...so much. I also miss the West Wing and the Sopranos.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

YES! Zim! I miss it so much, that whole darker cartoon thing. But nooooo nickelodeon was all "too scary for kids!"

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I kind of miss Ren and Stimpy too, as far as old Nickelodeon shows go. I bet that'd be way inappropriate for kids these days, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Kids are such pansies these days! Well they do have weird shows like flapjack but the lack the awesome ones we had.

OH and the nick game shows! Like legends of the hidden temple and wild and crazy kids. I was waiting until I was old enough to go on those and then they went off air b the time I was old enough

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Oooh, Legends of the Hidden Temple. I wanted to be on that show so bad. You could win freaking NES games then.

GO THROUGH THE SHRINE OF THE SILVER MONKEY.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I remember I was always shouting out the answers and thought a lot of the kids on there were so stupid cause they didn't know them xD

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

There's this one quiz-like show on these days that my brother watches sometime-- I don't remember the name-- but it's so ridiculously easy my brother (11) is yelling at the idiot kids for getting the simplest questions wrong when they pretty much give you the answer.

It's nowhere near as cool as the older shows were, what with the slime and quirkiness.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

What was that one where you had to like guess what the thing was and there were people who sometimes had talents. It was like a family thing or something. I can't remember the name right now.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

No no, that was called 'Figure it Out'. I liked that show!

I remember now. The one I'm talking about is 'BrainSurge' and it's probably the most simple game show they've ever aired. Kind of sad, really.

Ooh, do you remember All That and Kenan and Kel? I loved those shows, too.

I miss Angel... The show left way too soon.. It was darker and a lot more mature in story and dialogue than BtVS(post highschool)

I too admit that I miss Gilmore Girls.. They had such witty dialogue and I often thought that my humor was akin to Laura Sr.

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"