Thread: The CK competition and the staff

Banned
    Blog Entries

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

That cactus looks too much like my mother. BANNED!

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think Shlup is implying that her mother looks too much like a penis.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

So a snow penis is no but cactus is ok? *makes notes*
    FOA

Banned
    Blog Entries

I can do worse if you want.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions

You don't need to, I just want 3/4 years of joy in my life that the CK's banned away.
    FOA

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

You people talk a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup
    Breine, as has been said, was an anomaly. Sometimes a person doesn't get modded because one current staffer said no.
    The part that doesn't make sense is why this decision was made before the competition. And if people that "not wanting to make someone jump through hoops who won't become staff anyway" was the only purpose in eliminating him... why wasn't everyone else who doesn't have a real shot eliminated? You can't tell me that everyone else in the competition after the first round had a better shot than Breine. So why was only Breine told this? It doesn't make any sense, except that Breine was a particular favorite by the staff (minus one).

Why would I bother addressing anything you said, really? It's just you bitching because "oh noes, the staff came up with a plan that makes the forum more active and people are voluntarily participating; it r a travesty."

I don't get why you're harping on this. Are you not enjoying the boost in activity? Do you really honestly suspect that we've already decided who will win and no one else has a chance? Is the game just so awful to participate in that it isn't worth it unless you're going to win the grand prize? Because there's only going to be one winner. If it isn't you are you going to pull a "See! I told you! They probably decided on _____ from the start! Mean ol' staff, making me actually post on a message board..."? Because if you're going to go all conspiracy theory on us you can just stfu already; it's not cute.
    None of that I actually said. Those are some nice strawmen, though.

What disturbs me is this isn't even looking like a competition anymore, but simply an excuse, with the staff manipulating people into boosting activity. There's no discussions, no groups, no real end goal. It's just posting lots. It's actually depressing that so many members are so willing to jump through these ridiculous hoops without any sort of questioning.

The last competition was fun, and I have no regrets about taking part and putting in full effort. This is different, as the staff seem to have abandoned respect for most of the members content to let staff pull their strings.

Here's a question: if this particular CK competition is so much fun and worthwhile to participate in regardless of your chances, WHY WAS BREINE ELIMINATED? Why was participating seen as such a grueling thing in his case? Why was it just considered, in Del's own words, "jumping through hoops" for no reason? When put all together, it doesn't make sense -- except that the staff is playing favorites and just toying with the other competitors.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Breine, as has been said, was an anomaly. Sometimes a person doesn't get modded because one current staffer said no.
    The part that doesn't make sense is why this decision was made before the competition. And if people that "not wanting to make someone jump through hoops who won't become staff anyway" was the only purpose in eliminating him... why wasn't everyone else who doesn't have a real shot eliminated? You can't tell me that everyone else in the competition after the first round had a better shot than Breine. So why was only Breine told this? It doesn't make any sense, except that Breine was a particular favorite by the staff (minus one).
    You continue to assume that there are other people who don't have a chance of being a CK, despite me telling you repeatedly that is not the case. Why are you harping on this so much? This wouldn't be the first time that someone most staffers considered a valid candidate for CK was vetoed by one staffer who didn't like them. Are you really going to make me outright say it? Fine: one person doesn't like Breine and vetoed him. There is no one else in this competition that any staff member has ruled out as a possibility.

You seem to think we have a list of people to moderate and we just all know who's gonna be the next CK. In reality, every time we decide to knight someone new we all come up with a lot of possibilities. We don't just have a couple of favorites; a lot of people have a very fair chance. There are just a few that don't really have a chance until certain current staffers either step down or change their opinions.

Why would I bother addressing anything you said, really? It's just you bitching because "oh noes, the staff came up with a plan that makes the forum more active and people are voluntarily participating; it r a travesty."

I don't get why you're harping on this. Are you not enjoying the boost in activity? Do you really honestly suspect that we've already decided who will win and no one else has a chance? Is the game just so awful to participate in that it isn't worth it unless you're going to win the grand prize? Because there's only going to be one winner. If it isn't you are you going to pull a "See! I told you! They probably decided on _____ from the start! Mean ol' staff, making me actually post on a message board..."? Because if you're going to go all conspiracy theory on us you can just stfu already; it's not cute.
    None of that I actually said. Those are some nice strawmen, though.
    Oh, shove it up your arse. Obviously you didn't say those things, but that's what you sound like. You sound like a whiner and a stick-in-the-mud. I am pretty sure at this point that you're just bitchy because you think that if we let Breine off the hook we should have let you too because you're soooo convinced that you're cute little "enemy of the staff" game has made us unwilling to ask you to ever be a mod again. Get over yourself.

Or, if that's not the case, stop insulting the other competitors by implying that any of them aren't actually legitimate candidates for being a CK.

What disturbs me is this isn't even looking like a competition anymore, but simply an excuse, with the staff manipulating people into boosting activity. There's no discussions, no groups, no real end goal. It's just posting lots. It's actually depressing that so many members are so willing to jump through these ridiculous hoops without any sort of questioning.

The last competition was fun, and I have no regrets about taking part and putting in full effort. This is different, as the staff seem to have abandoned respect for most of the members content to let staff pull their strings.

Here's a question: if this particular CK competition is so much fun and worthwhile to participate in regardless of your chances, WHY WAS BREINE ELIMINATED? Why was participating seen as such a grueling thing in his case? Why was it just considered, in Del's own words, "jumping through hoops" for no reason? When put all together, it doesn't make sense -- except that the staff is playing favorites and just toying with the other competitors.
    I'm sorry you see it that way.

Or, rather, I'm not sorry you see it that way but I'm sorry you won't shut up and find something better to do than be a bitch while the rest of us are having fun and enjoying the activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloki View Post
    So a snow penis is no but cactus is ok? *makes notes*
    The snow penis was a penis. All cacti are phallic.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Besides, Shlup would never ban me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions

True, she only bans her favourites ;p
    FOA

Wow you two are at it (Shlup and Raistlin)...

I any case I'm trying not to think anyconspiracy theories out of this because it'll sour the spirit of competition!

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by demondude55 View Post
    Besides, Shlup would never ban me.
    I would.

I have actually, I banned you when you "died" if you recall. How is being dead working out for you, anyway?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not sure what the deal is with all the thread making. They're not particularly interesting, most of them

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

How is that different from any other day?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

usually they're only bad enough to laugh at, but I'll still click them. Now they're worse and more numerous.

Also your ass façade is irritating; stop it!