Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The CK competition and the staff

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Also your ass façade is irritating; stop it!
    Yeah, Raist. Listen to the lady.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I agree that some of the tasks this year seem tedious. I was actually against some of them but got out voted. But you can't argue that it is stirring up activity.

It's silly to think that this contest is a pure unbiased test of CK talent and nothing more. Of course boosts to activity are among the reasons for doing it. And it's silly to think that biases won't come into play. (You think Demondude ever had a real shot? ) But I will reiterate that there is no favoritism being showed here because we do not show favoritism to members.

Breine was a special case because he is a well respected member and we felt bad for him. It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Genius Lynx View Post
    Whoa there, Clone Wars, we have a thread like this already; sorry that Sagensyg stole your thunder, but you should keep the topic as one!
    I agree, and this one is kind of degenerating into a shouting match, so I'm gonna close it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Yes, obviously an active thread containing serious discussion involving serious criticism deserves to be closed. My question hasn’t been answered (see below), so I think this should be open.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup
    Oh, shove it up your arse. Obviously you didn't say those things, but that's what you sound like. You sound like a whiner and a stick-in-the-mud.
    You sound like an overly defensive baby. There, are we done name-calling now?

I am pretty sure at this point that you're just bitchy because you think that if we let Breine off the hook we should have let you too because you're soooo convinced that you're cute little "enemy of the staff" game has made us unwilling to ask you to ever be a mod again. Get over yourself.
    I think if you let Breine “off the hook,” so to speak, it was because there was a hook to be let off of, which is something you (and only you) seem to be denying exists. It’s a contradiction. It’s not just about me – it’s about letting everyone “off the hook” from jumping through what is this time inane hoops under false pretenses. People should at least know – I’m sure some will decide to participate anyway.

Or, if that's not the case, stop insulting the other competitors by implying that any of them aren't actually legitimate candidates for being a CK.
    I think Del just did that for me. At least he’s being honest and not dancing around my claims.

I'm sorry you see it that way.

Or, rather, I'm not sorry you see it that way but I'm sorry you won't shut up and find something better to do than be a bitch while the rest of us are having fun and enjoying the activity.
    Argh, really? I asked you a question and you can’t even give a straight response. You’re forcing me to drag every little detail out of you. Is the truth really that bad? I’ll copy/paste it so I don’t strain you too much:

Here's a question: if this particular CK competition is so much fun and worthwhile to participate in regardless of your chances, WHY WAS BREINE ELIMINATED? Why was participating seen as such a grueling thing in his case? Why was it just considered, in Del's own words, "jumping through hoops" for no reason? When put all together, it doesn't make sense -- except that the staff is playing favorites and just toying with the other competitors.

Just answer that. If you can somehow justify it in a way that is NOT the only explanation I came up with, I’ll walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Del
    But I will reiterate that there is no favoritism being showed here because we do not show favoritism to members.

Breine was a special case because he is a well respected member and we felt bad for him.
    Are you TRYING to be aggravating? Everything you say contains such a blatant contradiction.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Are you TRYING to be aggravating? Everything you say contains such a blatant contradiction.
    You know, I've been saying that for the longest time, and only now people are agreeing with me?

You all missed the cool train, and now you're all on the bandwagon.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

1) if this particular CK competition is so much fun and worthwhile to participate in regardless of your chances, WHY WAS BREINE ELIMINATED?

Because someone felt like insisting he be voted off. From my perspective the competition is still fun even if you don't have a chance; not everyone agrees.

2) Why was participating seen as such a grueling thing in his case? Why was it just considered, in Del's own words, "jumping through hoops" for no reason?

Because Del's being a twit. It was decided we should hold a competition but he didn't feel like running it and I got cornered into doing it under the condition that I get to do it my way. You may or may not have noticed Del's cute snippy comments at the start of the competition, before he started to realize how awesome it is, but Del likes things done his way, even when he's not the one doing them.

So some people consider it a fun and challenging game while others consider it grueling tasks and jumping through hoops.

Are we not allowed to disagree and have different perspectives without you freaking the smurf out like there's some big conspiracy?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    so I'm gonna close it.
    WTF?

I thought you closed this.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm pretty sure Raistlin can re-open his threads or threads in Feedback or something odd like that!
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's weird... The thread history says Del closed it but doesn't say that it was re-opened at all.

Oh well!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I did close it. So why is it open now?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well it doesn't say who re-opened but if you didn't do it and I didn't do it...

Someone in this thread is in trouble.

Banned

Well the way I see it, there are two likely choices:

1. A CK/Admin decided to re-open this again, for some strange reason.
    2. Raistlin has successfully hacked EoFF.

If #2 is what actually happened, then unlock my Wonder Square thread for me, Raistlin.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Former Staff have the ability to open/close their own threads. I have no idea why, because it only leads to crap like this.

Banned

And here I thought that it was just another fancy title.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Former Staff have the ability to open/close their own threads. I have no idea why, because it only leads to crap like this.
    Why wouldn't it show up in the thread history, though? That's kind of unusual.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh the great mysteries of EoFF!