Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The CK competition and the staff

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

One of these days, Del, one of these days, you’re going to actually stick to something you already said. If you want to ignore this thread, then go do that, but you said a couple of times you were going to leave it open for another staff member to close if they want, and none have shown the inclination. So yet again I am forced to open this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup
    Clearly you have simply chosen not to believe me, and I'm not interested in changing my perspective or what I believe is right just to satisfy you. I'm not even going to bother closing this, seeing as I'm pretty much the only person willing to tolerate you for this long anyway.
    Excellent way to completely ignore my question. You’ve just been answering completely different, made-up accusations so far; at least you’re now being more explicit.

It is interesting that we have yet another contestant who explicitly said she wouldn’t bother if, like Breine, she knew a hypothetical negative truth to begin with. It’s getting harder and harder to justify Breine’s exclusion.

Freya: I’m not going to get into this with you, but you don’t seem to understand really what’s going on (I’m not sure how closely you’ve been following this thread) or what’s actually been said (I did nothing like call this event a “social event”). I’ve said nothing directed at the contestants – I said their views could (and likely would) change if they knew any predetermined staff conclusion on them like Breine did, and several contestants’ statements in this thread prove that. I also said the events sure looked like a simple way to exploit eager contestants – some may value the CK position more than others, so I can’t say they are definitely getting a bad deal, IF the competition was honest. Also, I’m not sure how you can honestly read this thread and say I’m the exclusive “rude” one, considering I was playing nice until well after Shlup started cussing and name-calling earlier in the thread.

rubah: I agree about the cheaper beer.

I'm gonna stay completely out of this, but after having read this entire topic I just have this incredible urge to say the following...

Talk about being caught in the middle! I almost feel like the kid in a dysfunctional marriage where the parents are getting divorced or something xD

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Again with the "I didn't call it". No, you didn't, I called it that because, as I said, you're not the most eloquent with your speech. It's my interpretation of your posts. I have been following this thread and laughing at it nearly the entire time.

What you're not getting is, you do not need to know what goes on behind the scenes. They are making people jump through hoops, oh well it's part of the contest. Should they make super mega boring tasks where you just are online for an hour? Sure people may be eager and it may be making the site more active but why is that so wrong? Is it wrong to have someone like to play a game? Is it wrong for the site to get activity? I buy lottery tickets cause i'm eager that I might one day win the lottery. I know I probably wont but I would love to! It's called taking a chance.

Just as I said you would, you're saying "I’ve said nothing directed at the contestants." Yes but the way you talk implies things. I don't know how closely you paid attention to my post . I personally was offended reading your posts earlier and I know how you talk. Shlup wouldn't have had to be rude if you weren't. It takes two to tango, sure you don't outright say something, as i've noted before, but you make a lot of implications that are rude which of course will cause her to be offended and lash out like she normally would.

As I said in my post earlier regarding knowing my fate in the game, that would ruin the game. There would be no game if you told people how it would end. If the contestants knew right away how they stood they wouldn't play and there would be no game or only two would play cause they would know they'd win. Have you ever played a game Raistlin? Or do you just suck fun out of everything and refuse to do so?

You've pushed and prodded and you're like a child who wont take no as an answer so of course I'm going to say something when you talk about me (as a contestant) like you already know my opinion. I don't get why you don't like or understand the authority here but I understand it. No, you do not need to know the reasons why they do something. If they wanted you to know the reasons why they keep or lose people they would tell you. "But they did for Breine!" Because you nagged about it.

See how Breine is just like !! I mean really do you see him throwing a fit? No it's you wes.

Pre-determined favs? How by far am I a fav? I have more people hate me on this site than like me and some how i'm still in the running.

How is this comp led by favs and why should they tell you exactly how they feel about whoever?

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Would I have had a fair shot if I were to have competed this year?

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    About as much as me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I take a back seat in one of these contests and let them do what they want with how it's run and this is how you all repay me? With bitching competitions? 'nuff said, I reckon.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Take control BoB!

Make a pie chart!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm not sure even a pie chart can solve thi-- ahhhh, who am I kiddin', I'm sure it can. But it would be rather inappropriate to put up stats capable of destroying the bitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    About as much as me.

Excuse, me, I'm popular.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, but to win the contest you'd need to not fail.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I'm not sure even a pie chart can solve thi-- ahhhh, who am I kiddin', I'm sure it can. But it would be rather inappropriate to put up stats capable of destroying the bitchers.
    I love your charts /suck up

Oh... right. Someday, I'll finish UFO X-com. I'm really bummed my saves are gone with the old laptop.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

;_; I love that thread. Please do.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Freya: again, I'm left wondering what thread you're actually reading. You are being even more vague and arbitrary than Shlup with saying "the way you say some things can imply other things" and... that's it. I mean exactly what I'm saying: it looks like the staff is exploiting contestants and playing favorites with the competition. There's absolutely nothing in that mocking the contestants themselves.

You say we don't need to know if some members don't have a chance, but that is contradicted by your statement you wouldn't want to participate if you didn't have even that slight chance. I think a lot of people would disagree with your former statement: I think people would like to know, or at least would like the staff to be upfront that they have some certain decisions regarding some members (which is what Del said and Shlup contradicted) -- it would be better than the staff acting on at least something approaching a clean slate (certainly not everyone has the same chance, but at least everyone is open for discussion). Aerith's Knight and Jessweee's statement seems to support that conclusion.

You all are somehow butchering my words to make it look like Breine got a bad deal. While I do think it was ridiculous for the staff to make that determination even before the competition (especially when they have conceded people who weren't even on the map have made themselves competitive this competitive -- are the staff incapable of changing their minds?), but given the way things are currently, I have been arguing that Breine was being favored in forced out of the competition instead of jumping through ridiculous hoops for no reason. My main criticism is that any other members who did not have a real shot at winning should have been made aware of that as well.

The fact that other people and staff members feel free to continue discussion here just further proves it was appropriate to reopen this thread (three times).

Personally, I don't think the CK position should be decided by a contest. But really, I don't know why you're even bothering Raistlin.