I tried to walk away. Really, I did. I played some FFXIII, did some work for the frontsite, watched some TV. Other things. But then I came back and saw the third round “challenge” for the CK competition, which has turned from entertaining events to a blatant ploy to boost activity while the staff sits on some predetermined favorites.

It is now all too clear why Breine was eliminated so he didn’t have to “jump through hoops,” because this CK competition is getting more and more ridiculous. I am almost eager to see how the third round can even be topped.

But why only Breine? Why wasn’t everyone without a real chance at least given a choice, instead of being misled into taking part and trying hard for a perceived legitimate chance at something some of the competitors might actually give a crap about. The staff is certainly not showing the regular members the respect and consideration that should be expected to anyone in a community. “Hey, Breine, sit this one out, but the rest of you make a zillion threads and try really hard, even though you don’t have any more of a chance.”

I suppose I’m making this thread to ask, what purpose is this really supposed to serve? Is there really ANY purpose behind this year’s competition except to temporarily boost activity? If that staff has come to predetermined conclusions about certain favorites, is it ok to express otherwise?