Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: >> No FF Victory Fanfare??

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I feel that they could have used the fanfare just as easily, not really sure why they took it out. A remix of the fanfare to suit the theme or whatever would have sufficed, or used it in a different way like XI did it when you level up.
    jkhkjg

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    The design team probably looks absolutely nothing like the one that worked on the original FF.
    The design team for Final Fantasy VI was largely different from the previous five. Does that make it less of a "Final Fantasy"? I'm sure most people will tell you "no." However, the other guy's right, "Final Fantasy" is nothing more than a title to move product. Why do you think there are 8,000 different spin-offs?

Keep in mind, even if it doesn't work out at all times, change is good. If you want to play Final Fantasy VI or Final Fantasy VII, those games exist already. Final Fantasy XII and/or XIII are their own games.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

The post you quoted is so far back it doesn't show up under the text input field anymore, so I'm mostly guessing as to the exact wording of the rest of the post.

My point wasn't that it has to be the same people. In a long running franchise it is essential to cycle through talent to ensure the passion stays in the series, and to prevent burn out. However, with the knowledge that the staff will be in constant flux from one installment to the next it is important to ensure that the name 'Final Fantasy' doesn't become a title with no significance beyond the desire to move boxes.