I'm seriously contemplating this.

I wasn't sure what i'd do different from my last playthrough, maybe a forced class challenge, or just blitzing my way through the story so as to enjoy it properly. I figure with a solo challenge i can bring out the rest of my party post game and go and do all the hunts and sidequests

I'm not new to challenges, i conquered FFV solo character, and again Solo character with no mixing job classes. But i know my way around FFV, however i find myself over-levelled when i play XII so none of the story battles were challenging. Before i go diving in head first, i thought i'd ask if there was anything i'd need to consider. Any particularly difficult battles ahead, any weapons i should seek out etc.

From what i remember, there is no 100% method of protecting from instant death in FFXII which might be a problem with any bosses using instant death attacks.

I'd like to be able to bag a Ribbon and a Nihopalaoa but they would be very late-game. And i imagine the Main Gauche + Shield combo would come in extremeley useful.

Any thoughts, advice or concerns?