Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Task 4 - Work, love and play are the great balance wheels of man's being - ENDED!

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Part 1:
    http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-g...cussion-6.html a thread that needs to be closed because it was derailed from the original topic.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/wonder-sq...nk-i-gone.html nothing but spam here.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...character.html Does this thread even have a clearly stated topic? This one is from '09 and thus, irrelevant.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/eyes-each...e-again-3.html I think it's safe to say this has been taken care of and there's really no need to keep it around.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...-help-wtf.html the matter was resolved. Irrelevant because it's from '09. Too old to count, methinks.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-c...ml#post2814701 wrong section. you may want to have this moved.

Found another thread that needs to be moved. http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-c...ml#post2814918

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-c...ml#post2815000 advertising thread. Immediate closure and person should be banned, as the rules clearly state no advertising is permitted, unless in a signature.

Part 2:
    PaladinCecil
    *PaladinCecil*

I suspect one of these to be the second account of the other because:

-They have similar names, and both use the same avatar.

-*PaladinCecil* had a different name when he joined but changed it to *PaladinCecil* in July '06. Probably the original PaladinCecil who forgot he'd already signed up before as PaladinCecil, so he added * before and after his name so that he could use that same name, as duplicate names aren't allowed.

That's all I really have, as the join dates are 2 years and 5 months apart, but that could just mean that he forgot about this place and came back and forgot his log-in info.

Another suspect for duplicate accounts!

http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/madcap_wuggly.html this person was banned 7 years ago.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/wuggly%2Bblight.html This person's username has the wuggly part in it as well, and someone left a usernote on their profile mentioning that they've returned.

Part Three:

My review for FFII GBA version can be found here: http://forums.eyesonff.com/2815183-post96.html
    Last edited by ~*~Celes~*~; 03-26-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Wow I have to work :/ Since when did CK's contribute to the front site, I thought that was a site staff thing? Whatever, might as well get to work. :/

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

this task is harder than it sounds. -.o

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'll just put all of my Task 1 threads here and update as I go.

#1. Zack (FFVII) in Birth By Sleep...

Starts off as simple speculation, and then derails into a slap fight over how you 'properly' pronounce Zack's name, then into a touch of member moderation, as so described by PuPu pointing out the obvious instead of clicking that 'warn' button-- especially when it should have been closed when the slap fight started.

#2. FFIV DS

Consists of a single post with really no topic for discussion. There are already a couple of FFIV DS discussion threads on the front page still that are only few months old or so (and it should be okay to bump them, since I wouldn't consider the FFIV forum to be a high-traffic one). Bottom line, it's nice you like the game, but there's really nothing to discuss! It should be closed or merged with one of the other threads.

#3. Add a little Jesus to your forum fun!

I guess if calling out threads for being pretty much the same thing counts, this one qualifies. Even if you've got a specific destination, this thread is pretty much the same as Raistlin's Wikipedia Game thread that is still on the first page as of this edit, and was last posted in 4 days ago. We really don't need two threads for essentially the same game.

#4. Arc is adorable

I wouldn't consider Mulley's post to be bumping, really, since the FFIII forum really gets no traffic at all-- but if the only post it'll get in 3-4 months is a post asking if posting in it is bumping it, its potential as a thread is kind of lost. If he were to have post something on topic, I'd have left it alone. However, this is not the case. Time to close it.

#5. its easy

To be fully honest, I can't make head or tails of what the hell ghost in the dark is saying. Since there really isn't a topic, from what I could try to understand, all I see coming out of this is either an irrelevant topic or people trolling the kid. I think it's best to nip it in the bud and close it up and fill ghost in the dark in on how these forums work. Threads need a topic, and being understandable sure helps, as well. I hesitated to bring this thread up because I feel like I'm picking on a 13-year old newbie, but that's really no excuse for not making your opening post understandable.
    Last edited by Momiji; 03-26-2010 at 09:34 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Part 1

1) Well this one Zidane's Voice can be closed or merged with Good/Bad English Voices in the dissidia Section. The second thread has replies within this month so there was no need for a new thread.

This is really hard since you made us create legit threads and posts, flooding the forum with threads, so finding things to close is way hard.

2) Mully keeps reviving this thread like every time it dies. He waits like a month and it's back. A thread from September needs to die already! Where does a general keep his armies?

3) This thread, Bars, asked do you complete the side quests in bars. Two hours later the thread, Game "completion"?, asked that same question and also more questions. Maybe close one or merge them.

4) Your first Final Fantasy and Who/what introduced you to the final fantasy series? are pretty much the same thread. Close/merge.

5) The first of a new experience was a thread that talked about the DS version and peoples opinions on it and Final Fantasy III REmake is a newer thread on their opinions of the new version. Close the newer one, it was made a month later but it is a lower FF section and the first thread wasn't even far form the active ones at the top.

Part 2
    └┤ ∵├〆 is Clout. It even says it in the about me xD and he's friends with him. Second account damn too easy to be true I knew it. People probably know about him already.

iJoel! Could very well be Erdrick Holmes. i could very well be pulling strings here but I really don't think Joel is a very common name and that would be something Joel would do, would it not?

If that doesn't work then how about

nehasenworld
    nehaworld

Part 3
    I haven't finished XIII and haven't had access to it for a little over a week now so I can't really help with that. So I wrote a review for IX cause well it's my fav and I feel I know the most about that one.

Here's a link to my post that's in the review thread.

Close/delete this thread and ban this member wander girl.
    Last edited by Freya; 03-26-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Just got back from school and it looks like my adversaries have quite a head start on me. Better yet? I'm still busy! Ah well, let them have a head start; they will need it! (ohoho!)

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    4) Your first Final Fantasy and Who/what introduced you to the final fantasy series? are pretty much the same thread. Close/merge.

Not particularly. I never asked what people's first Final Fantasy game was. I asked who or what introduced them to the series. I understand what you mean, but it really wasn't my intent for it to be like that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Even if it wasn't your intent the same stories can be told in both threads.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

That could be said for a lot of threads about a similar topic, but again, I see what you mean.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Added

2. Post some of your favorite .gifs. I think this should also be closed. I get it, the Wonder Square is for things slightly too spammy for General Chat, like games and welcome threads. This is neither and once upon a time you got punched in the face for promoting animated .gifs and lolcat posting.

3. Noisy Sex Will Get You Arrested - This should also be closed. EoEo is suppose to be a place of important discussions, which this, isn't. And without questioning the importantness of the content of the link, I have another problem with this thread. I like EoEo, it's a cool place to read opinions and debates (although I typically stay out of the line of fire), however just linking to a topic and saying "discuss" is a habit that posters are once again falling into there. Once we cracked down on this to improve the quality of topics in EoEo, I believe we should begin to again.

to my original post.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 03-25-2010 at 09:36 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    Second accounts pop up on EoFF from time to time. Some are jokes, some are banned members trying to sneak in, some are regular members who are just being shady.
    These recent bad poster newb accounts that have been popping up are your second accounts that was created just for this contest, aren't they Shlup?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Alright I finished all the parts or at least I think all the things I have are good. I might whip out some more reviews later but I can't do much when it comes to XIII since I haven't finished it or played it in a week.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

4. Fang and Vanille *spoiler* should either be closed, or merged with Lovers? [SPOILERS UP TO CHAPTER 11]. They have the same topic and are being posted in simultaneously. Merging is probably better due to the amount of posts in the Fang and Vanille thread.

5. Finally, How Can Kingdom Hearts Appeal to More Mainstream Disney Fans should be closed. Warnings where already handed out in this thread (ironically enough right after that someone proceeded to join the forum and advertise), but there's a point where there is nothing left worth discussing about and only bad can happen in a thread. This one reminds me a lot of how this one turned out it should be closed before more unrelated to topic flaming begins.

Note: Editting this into the first post, just want it timestamped when I wrote it.

Edit: Time to go back and check to make sure non of mine where already taken.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 03-25-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you feel like your competitors are ahead of you, you are always welcome to come back and do more. You still have almost 24 hours. If you feel your work is solid, then just relax.

Also, in previous rounds I've been double-checking and trying to help out. I leave this task entirely to your judgment. If you make an error and pick a bad thread I won't be pointing it out until time's up, so be sure you've all your ducks in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji
    EDIT: Also, does the second account accusation have to be true to count, or does it simply have to be explained in a clear and logical manner, with valid reasons? Also, do they have to have been signed up as a joke or for malicious reasons?
    As long as your reasons are solid it's fine, though catching a real second account would obviously earn you more kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Wow I have to work :/ Since when did CK's contribute to the front site, I thought that was a site staff thing? Whatever, might as well get to work. :/
    Often it's just giving feedback to the site staff, though as a whole the forums staff is trying to get more involved, especially with vB4 looming. Hence our interest in finding a new CK more willing and able to join us in that endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    Second accounts pop up on EoFF from time to time. Some are jokes, some are banned members trying to sneak in, some are regular members who are just being shady.
    These recent bad poster newb accounts that have been popping up are your second accounts that was created just for this contest, aren't they Shlup?
    Nope! I don't have any second accounts. In fact I don't think I've ever made one in the last decade.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    If you feel like your competitors are ahead of you, you are always welcome to come back and do more. You still have almost 24 hours. If you feel your work is solid, then just relax.
    When I said ahead, I meant they got to do their stuff during my 8 hours of school that's all!