Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seymour

Default Seymour

Hey I'm new,

But yeah, I find defeating Seymour on Mount Gagazet impossible. Iv died every time. And every time I do go to battle him I have to watch that god damn cut scene just before it. Any tips on beating his ass?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sure:

1. Seymour is not immune to Poison. He'll get 1400 damage per round if you poison him (14000 if Lulu has Hit-Expander, lol).
    2. Before Seymour uses his attack with the swords, his helper always casts dispell on the party. Now you can use Defend with every party member and halve the damage. Another possibility is to constantly silence Seymour's helper and stay in Protect-status, which also halves damage, but makes it quite impossible to predict when he does the attack.
    3. Cure the Zombie-status (Wantz sells holy water) before Seymour kills the character.
    4. To halve the damage from "Absolute Destruction", cast Shell on your party - every single hit from that attack is magical.
    5. You don't have to use aeons, for Seymour will instantly banish them, but you can unleash their overdrives.
    Once you know a good strategy, Seymour isn't really hard at all.

That was a good reply right above. I didn't even know any of that information except for the aeon overdrives because that was the only way I was able to defeat Seymour. I powered up all the aeons on overdrive and just had Yuna summon them one by one. But hey, it works.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Yup, that about does it!

Go into random encounters before the fight and put every Aeon in Overdrive. Summon them all at the start. Despite his ability to instantly kill an Aeon, that won't be before each one cheeses him with an Overdrive attack. Unless you are seriously underlevelled, this is guaranteed obliteration. Promise.

It's cheap, yes, but it beats the risk of watching a lengthy, unskippable cutscene again.

Blog Entries

Everything worth mentioning has just about been covered, but I'll just add a little half-tip.

Have Auron in the party. If you're progressing through the game as normal with the normal Sphere Grid, Auron ought to have the most HP out of everyone. If you've stuffed up something like not re-casting Shell, then having Auron may just save your hide.

Yeah, it's funny. I remember doing the aeon thing with this fight before I knew that was even a logical strategy. I thought I was the only one but anyways you end up having to fight this guy like 3 or 4 times. I was seriously getting pissed WHY WONT YOU DIE!!! yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Realm25 View Post
    Yeah, it's funny. I remember doing the aeon thing with this fight before I knew that was even a logical strategy. I thought I was the only one but anyways you end up having to fight this guy like 3 or 4 times. I was seriously getting pissed WHY WONT YOU DIE!!! yep.
    It's four -- once in his normal form, and three more times in various other forms.

Goddamn, the cutscene. I was in a terribly unprepared state when I went to fight Yunalesca, but I won through sheer willpower because I did not want to sit through all of that talking a second time.

What I did with Seymour was spam Aeon overdrives. I even went back down the mountain to get Yojimbo (although I didn't know Zanmato works on bosses) to get one more attack in.

It was annoying how, every time you have to watch the cutscene, Yuna starts sending Seymour but she lets him interrupt her every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Realm25 View Post
    He *did* die. He just wouldn't move on. ^_^

Smack him with a Zanmato. End of Seymour issues.

Technically spamming Overdrives is better, but I do so love the way Zanmato works on bosses.

The way I smashed him, I got sick of him kicking my ass so I walked up and down the mountain like 10000 times. All my charters were beastly and he didn't last 3 mins. I'll give him 4 max.

Quote Originally Posted by Big|Bad|WolF` View Post
    The way I smashed him, I got sick of him kicking my ass so I walked up and down the mountain like 10000 times. All my charters were beastly and he didn't last 3 mins. I'll give him 4 max.
    yeah, that's how I do it

Blog Entries

Hang on what

I'm 99% sure I posted in this thread

there was a picture here

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

I absolutely love this question cause at some time or another, I feel like everyone asked for help in this fight. I know I did when I first played it in high school. And I was annoyed at the same cut scene, which I feel like is the most watched cut-scene in FF history just because people lose to him so much. But keep at it, lvl in the area or two before and, he ain't no thang.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II