Thread: FFIV DS

Default FFIV DS

Just got a copy of FFIV for the DS, played through to Kaipo yesterday, and I'm really liking this version. I've played it before with the Snes Rom but I'm loving the updated graphics and extra lines that flesh out the story and make the characters more real!!

Still having trouble getting used to the stylus controls though,... I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I never once used the stylus when playing FFIV on the DS.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    I never once used the stylus when playing FFIV on the DS.
    Same here. Aside from the little mini-games to level up Rydia's Eidolon I never once used the stylus. I dont think it has a place in many RPGs, aside from mini-games and small things like that. I didn't use the stylus for Chrono Trigger, either.

The DS version of IV is pretty fun, I started a new game recently and just hit Kaipo as well. I turned off the voices for this go around and I much prefer it.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I didn't use the stylus for this either. I did for a bit on FFIII DS, but not IV. I didn't want to ruin the experience of one of my fav old school games.

The DS version of FFIV is the current game I'm playing through and I have to say it feels very close to the original apart from beeing easier so far. Like how you can cary over skills to your party and the fact that pray restores mp. But the scenery and, music-remixes works very well and the added script does make it feel better. Maybe I'd enjoy it more if I hadn't already played through the original that many times back in the day.
    "Everything is simpler than you think and at the same time more complex than you imagine."

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Thats funny, the DS version of the game is considered to be considerably harder by just about everyone I have heard from. How far are you?

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Thats funny, the DS version of the game is considered to be considerably harder by just about everyone I have heard from. How far are you?
    I'm at the giant, if I remember it correctly there should only be two more dungeons left in the game. But it's been many years. So far I havn't had to grind anything and the dungeons I remembered beeing hard were allot easier thanks to unlimited mp from pray. Tanks to this I could heal as much as I wanted and use summons on the more difficult enemies. I Also found bosses in the early game allot easier because of the change to Cecils Dark skill. Some bosses have been difficult though were I was wiped a couple of times and had to rethink my strategies and I imagine that I might have to grind to finish this one where I'm at atm. But the goal is not to.
    "Everything is simpler than you think and at the same time more complex than you imagine."

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I never found the original version... Playable.
    jkhkjg