Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: CK Competition, the staff, and other related incidents

Banned
    Blog Entries

Wtf. Most of the staff have left and the competition has been closed, so what now? Also I feel bad for Boko, Jess and Momiji, and there will be lots of pissed off people now. I thought parts of this competition where a little unfair but it was fun, and the final three all deserved to be modded anyway so it's a real shame. Well done to Shlupquack for dealing with all the crap and carrying on though, and like I said, I thought the competition was good.

GAH!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Saying you're smart doesn't make what you're saying make any more sense.
    Last edited by Shlup; 03-28-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Well that was certainly anti-climatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Well that was certainly anti-climatic!
    Haha, to say the least!

Anyway, I think Shlup did a nice job with the competition. It's been different from the other CK contests and more compact, which I thought was neat. - and the contest getting closed is just like "...whaaaaat?".

EDIT: Oh, and if this entire thing is an april fools joke, then it's very elaborate and well-done.
    Last edited by Breine; 03-28-2010 at 12:10 AM.

Banned

I never had a problem with the execution of this competition until Task 5. Shlup, you said that you tried this contest into your version of fun, and I knew that. These tasks that increased activity and everything, I sort of liked them. When I posted "I sure hope this isn't a glorified popularity contest" in my first post, it means that I specifically hoped that it wouldn't become like Task 5. In fact, I thought that Task 5 is where the "fun" that was in all the previous activities stopped and the contest became exactly as I was afraid of it becoming, another ol' popularity contest.

As I have said before, my posts were moreso directed toward other members, than the staff, Shlup, or Raistlin. Specifically, the ones who were all "LOL THIS CONTEST IS ALL JUST ABOUT THE FUN DOOD!"

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Saying your smart dosen't make what you're saying make any more sense.
    This post has "I didn't actually read the topic" written all over it.

I am generally quiet here, and everywhere else, and I keep my opinions to myself in most mediums, be they written, spoken, or other, but I would like to express how pissed off I am. I know that no one here is going to care, because I'm an irrelevant member in any case, but I have lost a lot of respect for this forum and whoever was running this shenanigan competition.

Of course, I'm biased, and I know that I wouldn't give two s if Jesswee wasn't in the last round, but that's not the case; she was in the last round, and none of you on staff know just how much smurfing time she put into this god damned forum over the last week and throughout the time that she's been a member here. She really has spent a lot of time communicating and working her ass off, and she was taking the competition very seriously. It was all for your smurfing entertainment, just as has been suspected.

I think it's ironic that the first CK competition with quality ended up being a farce and I hope that you expect people to be pissed off, because I have a feeling that I'm not going to be the only one.

Maybe I'm overreacting. Maybe this is too much. But seriously, this last week has been nothing but CK Competition this and that, and it was a lot of fun, a lot of work. Jesswee even said that if she didn't win this that she'd still feel good about contributing to the frontsite. But that's not the issue. The issue is that the people running this wasted the last week of her life and put off a few things that she and I had planned for nothing, after she had been promise at least SOME return on investment, with the potential of being knighted. You just have no idea.

Whatever. Like I said, it's not like anyone's going to smurfing listen anyway.

I want to note that she's not mad at all. She's cool with this. Like I said, she thought it was a lot of fun and she felt good contributing to the forums in the many different ways.

Anyway, take it as you will, or don't take it at all. I really don't care.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

This is a perfect time to register an account at Fool's Gold.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mogi
    I have lost a lot of respect for this forum
    It took you this long? :sweatdrop
    The issue is that the people running this wasted the last week of her life and put off a few things that she and I had planned for nothing, after she had been promise at least SOME return on investment, with the potential of being knighted. You just have no idea.
    You're getting mad at the wrong people.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Who is to blame then?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    The issue is that the people running this wasted the last week of her life and put off a few things that she and I had planned for nothing, after she had been promise at least SOME return on investment, with the potential of being knighted. You just have no idea.
    Will you just stop it, jesus christ. xD

This is over. Stop debating it, stop getting people even more angrier. You're essentially making things worse. So stop when you're ahead kid.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Ohh, look, the two people Raistlin were bitching out are now off of Staff. Now who will listen to whiny crybaby?
    Also, Mogi? I completely agree.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

This is totally fake you guys, please don't make asses out of yourselves. xD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by demondude55 View Post
    Who is to blame then?
    If he's getting mad because Jessweee decided to do something he didn't want her to do, then who do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzie
    Will you just stop it, jesus christ. xD

This is over. Stop debating it, stop getting people even more angrier. You're essentially making things worse. So stop when you're ahead kid.
    If I'm making you mad when I'm not even talking to you, there's a very simple solution for you: stop reading and posting in this thread. You can cut the member moderation stuff that you're trying to do as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko
    Quiet yourself for once in your life. People are upset, let them rant, let the staff sort this out, and stop trying to incite things.
    I like the member moderation that you're trying to pull on me as well. I'm actually glad that you didn't win, specifically because of this.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    Quiet yourself for once in your life. People are upset, let them rant, let the staff sort this out, and stop trying to incite things.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

He feels his girlfriend was used and toyed with. I get that.