Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678122252 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo Reach: Where's me washboard? Have you seen it?

Halo keeps me sane when schoolwork and stress are about to destroy me. Although this can be a double-edged sword as I will want to punch a child every time I am killed as I am shooting a rocket, the rocket animation displays, and there is no explosion or when a sword locks on and lunges but inexplicably misses. I play a good amount of Slayer but nowadays I play Doubles the most by a large margin but ranking can be infuriating in Doubles thus I am stuck at 43.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Oh jesus mothersmurf Keith I know exactly how you feel about the rocket thing. The laser pulls the same crap too.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah nothing worse than getting killed by the surprise laser when you're using a veichle.

I have to admit I'm not a big one for ranking up, we've all played alongside each other and we tend to kick a lot of ass but I don't see the point in getting higher up the ranking, 50 skill doesn't mean anything to me it just means someone had too much time on their hands and needs a girlfriend. It isn't like in MW2 where being a higher skill allows you to choose a new weapon to use, then I care about ranking because I get to choose my load outs completely.

I recall recently reading an article somewhere about loadout and it's actually to do with your armour and the armour ability you select if I recall correctly. I think I shared the link with Psy but can't remember.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    This trailer is pure multi so they're all going to be in multi, and "Loadouts" seems like the name of a game mode.

Anyway, the Spartans in the actual campaign will be Noble Six, Cat, Carter, Emile (winner) Jun and Jorge.
    Thanks for ruining it for me. They all die on Reach during the attack.

Articles

Well now who is ruining it for who? Although I fail to see how their names are ruining it seeing as how the Bungie website bloody tells you them
    Yeah nothing worse than getting killed by the surprise laser when you're using a veichle.
    tbf a lot of the time it can easily be avoided. If you're going right for the hog at the start of Sandtrap then it's your own bloody fault as far as I am concerned, as there's two lasers right in each team's base. What the hell do people expect to happen? Sometimes you can always be surprise lasered, but if you go for a hog run when you know there is no laser or your team has control of it, it'll be much more successful.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've never been more excited to be owned by players that will be invariably better than me.

Why? Jet. smurfing. Packs.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    I've never been more excited to be owned by players that will be invariably better than me.

Why? Jet. smurfing. Packs.
    We share the same sentiments

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Has no one in this thread played Tribes before?

Jetpacks are awesome.
    But this is Halo, not Tribes.

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    I'm pretty excited for Reach, really. I heard that they got rid of the god-awful rank system and replaced it with something less retarded.

The concept of no more rankwhoring is a very pleasant one, and it'll hopefully cut down on the people who make second accounts to play against newbies (which totally offsets the TrueSkill system or whatever it's called) just so they can get that ever-precious 50.
    I still think it's the best system out there, it's not like you'll honestly get boosters often.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    50 skill doesn't mean anything to me it just means someone had too much time on their hands and needs a girlfriend.
    As opposed to all the people have have thousands upon thousands of matches and never make it past a 30? Still a 50 isn't hard or even time-consuming to get, if I made a new account I'm sure I could make it before 100 exp.

I like Halo I guess. Well the multiplayer at least. How on earth this series got so popular is beyond me.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes but that would be a second account NCG, not a first account and second accounts don't count. Still like I said, 50 skill doesn't mean anything to me. I don't particulary care for it if there was something to drive me up to that other than bragging rights (which to be perfectly honest, I find it funnier when I bag out a 50 skill player who is spouting off about how easy this game will be because he's up against a team with a lieutenant in it...thats bragging rights there, if he calls luck you call it skill when you repeat the process) then maybe I would do it even just a 50 - 100g achievement would make me think "hmm maybe that'll be worth my while" (achievement whore I know) however at present there really isn't anything though I don't doubt I will go in to the Arena on Reach to see how I like it because it does sound a lot better than the Halo 3 system which is broken these days with the different ranking systems.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't care about ranks or skill.

I just like being a gunny.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Yes but that would be a second account NCG, not a first account and second accounts don't count.
    Why the smurf not?

I got loads better at the game after I already had thousands of experience under my belt, it's damn near impossible for me to make lateral movement. I was godawful at the game when I first started compared to now.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

sellin/boostin 50s legit msg me if ur intrested

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Has no one in this thread played Tribes before?

Jetpacks are awesome.
    But this is Halo, not Tribes.
    Which is sad, cause Tribes was a good game.

Past that, plenty of better shooters out on console now. Halo had it's place (Much to my dismay) being this massive multi-player game you could play from your console.

But now with all the other options? Halo just seems kind of pointless now.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    I got loads better at the game after I already had thousands of experience under my belt, it's damn near impossible for me to make lateral movement. I was godawful at the game when I first started compared to now.
    This is the same for me. Although I got better at the game by getting to 40 in Lone Wolves. The matches and experiences in there are what made me the player I am. Although by the time I got to that rank I realised ranked was a smurfing hellhole full of utter failures at life, that the numbers are essentially meaningless, and now I just merrily dick people incredibly hard in social like the prick that I am.

When the next Halo comes out, I am going to get to Staff Captain. That is my goal. People will jibe and taunt "STAFF CAPTAIN?!?!?! LOL YOU SUCK BUDDY!" and then I will cream them. And it will be the best.