Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789132353 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo Reach: Where's me washboard? Have you seen it?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I've never played Halo before

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I bet your Spartan would be green.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

The new one looks as bland as the last 6000 of the games.
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Personally, I think that Bungie should get their buddies at Rooster Teeth to write the single player campaign. Halo: Red vs Blue would be totally awesome.
    Seconded. Actually anyone interested in Red vs. Blue should be pretty excited - the new season, Revelations is coming soon, I got to see the first four episodes at PAX East and they're pretty awesome, with much more interesting writing than the last season Recreation had.

but it's a lot better mostly because they also announced at PAX East that Monty, the guy behind Dead Fantasy, is now working for them

Articles

Oh awesome, looking forward to that.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    I got loads better at the game after I already had thousands of experience under my belt, it's damn near impossible for me to make lateral movement. I was godawful at the game when I first started compared to now.
    This is the same for me. Although I got better at the game by getting to 40 in Lone Wolves. The matches and experiences in there are what made me the player I am. Although by the time I got to that rank I realised ranked was a smurfing hellhole full of utter failures at life, that the numbers are essentially meaningless, and now I just merrily dick people incredibly hard in social like the prick that I am.

When the next Halo comes out, I am going to get to Staff Captain. That is my goal. People will jibe and taunt "STAFF CAPTAIN?!?!?! LOL YOU SUCK BUDDY!" and then I will cream them. And it will be the best.
    But I like my eagle.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why is being staff captain bad?

I never really got that.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It means "YOU PLAYED A LOT OF GAMES BUT WERE NEVER GOOD ENOUGH TO GET PASSED SKILL RANK 20 SOMETHING NEWBIE".

xD

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah basically it's a rank like master sargeant or the top lieutenant rank. You get master sargeant if you never make it to 10 skill but play tons of games, like 250 if you pass 10 skill this will actually make you a 2nd grade lieutenant immediately (though this is by like 70 exp, you need to go to 10 before 200exp to make sure you don't skip the achievement. Same with the otehrs, going to them before getting the skill you need to progress will make you jump up to the 2nd grade of the next rank. I'm likely to end up a First Lieutenant soon enough but thats because people see the lieutenant and immediately dismiss me out of hand but in reality I can do some devastating runs on Halo which can be all but unstoppable if I have a little luck on my side. Makes bagging these second account 50 skill players who are like majors because they havent the exp to be a general so much more fun.

Blog Entries

But if you only play social games, you'll always get those ranks, because your skill doesn't go up.

I know this because I played 3 games on rank, got to skill 5, and got bored with the game. Now I just smurf around with these teabaggers in social. So people look down on me because I have 5 skill, not noticing that I can still own their highranked ass and such?

I mean, how do they know if you played ranked or not? I have to agree with Paul here, I'd just play social games, if only to teabag them twice as hard when they ragequit.

Articles

Well that's just it. They have the view that if you play social you are automatically a terrible player rather than someone who just cba to grind out results against twats that camp behind corners/shield doors/grav lifts/anything with power weapons.

Blog Entries

"Ha! I just hit you with a hammer from behind from this dead corner. You are so pwnd. Doing this 18 hours a day is totally worth it."

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bitter much, guys? :P

Articles

What's to be bitter about? I wanted to get to 40, I got to 40. I have never tried going higher than that. I've thought about it, but I just think "ehhhhh I really cba with that".

I had a game in Lone Wolves the other day to see what it was like, and it was hilarious because I was a 40 rank who was a recruit in that playlist because it's been so long since I played it - I last played it before they put the individual playlist ranks in!

Either way, I just like to make fun of the hardcore camp grinders for my own amusement rather than out of any deep-seated rage.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

HI GUYS GUESS WHOSE INTERNET WON'T SUFFICE FOR HALO REACH BETA LOL

:emo: