Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 414181920212223242526272829303444 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo Reach: Where's me washboard? Have you seen it?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am torn, because on one hand all aliens are alien scum who should be purged from the universe so that it is pure for Humanity, but on the other hand if I do have to fight or be aliens, I'd rather be Elites than almost any other.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Deep down inside, we all want to be Grunts.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You've caught me

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Anyone playing now?

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dude, Invasion is pretty sweet. I've only played two matches, both as Elites, and it was sweet. I really don't see it being that difficult for them to beat out the Spartans.

I think both jobs are fairly even, but I just do well as Elite.

Articles

Nah, to me, Invasion clearly has a Spartan bias. Spartans get lasers, rocket launchers, sniper rifles, a hog and a scorpion, as well as shotgun and 'nade launcher spawns.

Elites have their power weapons (Fusion Rifle and Plasma Launcher) spawn right in the middle of the old Spartan base when the Spartans are still in there. Their Ghost/'shee/Wraith are all laser/launcher/scorpion fodder, and they get what, Sword spawns? Fantastic, easily countered by the shotgun. If push comes to shove, the Spartans can camp that final room with shotguns and rocket launchers and there's smurf all the Elites can do.

If you own the Spartans hard on Invasion then you are probably playing against a bunch of incompetent people to be honest.

Not that I care, more often than not I am a Spartan anyway and I enjoy absolutely raping the alien bastards

EDIT: If you want proof Spartans are better, I looked at my last 20 games of Invasion, and Spartans won 17 times, Elites won 3. And the 3 are the oldest 3 games, when presumably people still didn't know what they were doing. Enough smurfing said.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah Jules, Elites are way way way down in terms of advantage. Lets compare support weapons:

Rocket launcher > Plasma Launcher - I say this because, Plasma Launchers take time to charge up for every shot but the rocket launcher only needs a reload every 2 rounds, much like the fuel rod, damage per hit for the Plasma Launcher is lower than the individual rocket fire though you do get a much bigger ammo repository.

Sniper Rifle > Fusion Rifle > Needle Rifle - The snipers two bullets kill for the poor of aim and 1 bullet kill for the fair of aim, compare it to the 5 or so seconds of constant contact the fusion rifle requires and the 9 or so needles on target required by the needle rifle. The sniper is far superior even if you give it a bigger bloom, the Elites really, really need the beam rifle back in to make it somewhat even in this regard, the best way to use a fusion rifle is for the rifle man to pin the targets down whilst his team flanks and kills them.

Spartan Laser > all - lets face it, the spartan laser has very little competition a glancing blow will kill infantry on foot and a hit on a veichle is an instant kill on the veichle the Covenant have NOTHING to compete with this, personally when I first heard about the fusion rifle I was hoping it would be something of an equalizer of the splaser unfortunately for us it was a worse version of the beam rifle. Though the fusion rifle is more effective against veichles than the beam rifle.

I've even said on the Bungie forums feedback about weaponry how I feel on weapons in Halo Reach but as it stands, barring weight of numbers I fail to see how the Spartans really lost Reach based on the distinct advantage they have technically which if I recall the Halo storyline well, weren't they at a disadvantage technically?

Banned

I wish I could play Halo but sadly multi-player FPS games are boring without voice chat and with voice chat, Halo is and endless string of incoherent racial slurs.

I liked the original Halo because I could play on PC and the sheer number of idiots/spoiled manchildren was significantly less.

Articles

That's completely untrue!

(SPOILER)There's also incoherent homophobic slurs!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    That's completely untrue!

(SPOILER)There's also incoherent homophobic slurs!
    lol

Ah hell, I may as well give it a try. I did enjoy Halo 3 for the week or so I played it while borrowing it from a friend. But then I got the Orange Box soon after and I found Half-Life 2's single player mode to be more fun.

I played for the second time today and had a +21 game on Powerhouse Slayer, I was happy. The pistol is such a badass in this game.

Blog Entries

Personally I prefer grabbing a DMR that gun is amazing, 3 good shots to the face and they're flipping over as if their head has been pinned to that brick wall 20 meters behind them.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Paul, Steve: get on my level.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Personally I prefer grabbing a DMR that gun is amazing, 3 good shots to the face and they're flipping over as if their head has been pinned to that brick wall 20 meters behind them.
    Well yeah obviously I prefer the dmr, I'm just saying the magnum is a pretty beast weapon to start out with if you're playing normal slayer, especially with the 2x Zoom.

And the dmr takes 5 headshots to kill so idk where you came up with 3 good shots to the face

Blog Entries

I've been playing invasion lots as spartans, me and Psy work together so maybe I'm plugging targets he's already hit twice. I'm sure he's had similar experiences at this.